Chapter 2

The Blood

 

Heechul lost track of the years that had passed since he had changed.

He was different from the other vampires, instead of enjoying the blood of human prey, he fed on animals.

Yet, he was judged mainly on what he was and often ran for his life.

He loved the humans, he loved when he was a human and how warm he once was, how he could touch the sun’s rays, yet he had become a pureblood, on the of accursed. And so he ran.

He hid in the shadows of the night, but despite how he ran he knew the strength of his power. He knew the great strength and many hidden powers that he had been granted, although he hid them with his weak constitution.

The other vampires deemed him the vampire who wouldn’t hunt, as he never killed.

He argued that he couldn’t use his powers with his weak body (despite he could use a good amount) and the other vampires left him alone.

 

That day he was quietly swinging on a creaky swing on a tiny playground as the moon cast his shadow. He was so absorbed in reminiscing that he didn’t notice something approaching behind him.

 

He screamed in pain and the hunters laughed. Heechul refused to kill as he thought that maybe one day the would understand and so he ran away as fast as he could, with the anti vampire weapon stood immbeded into his arm.

 

He ducked into an allyway in pain until a small boy came up beside him.

 

Heechul’s eyes and fangs were silently hidden by the cloak he wore and the boy gasped when he saw his wound. The boy surprisingly picked Heechul up with ease and took care of him in secret.

 

Heechul discovered the boy’s name was Hangeng, and his family was a clan of vampire hunters.

 

Hangeng bragged that one day he would be the hero that would destroy all the vampires and everyone would be safe.

 

Heechul chuckled under his breath and knew he would leave as soon as possible to avoid danger, but he couldn’t leave. He didn’t know why, but everyday became more interesting, more fun with this Hangeng, he couldn’t leave.

 

Althought, the time had come, the weeks past and Heechul was going to die unless he ate. Hangeng still didn’t know that Heechul was a vampire and thought the guest was getting weaker due to his sickness.

 

One day, when Hangeng was getting herbs, Heechul went to hunt. It was easy to find prey as the animals were plentiful, although he picked the worst possible alleyway.

 

Hangeng passed by the alleyway to see the vampire feasting in all his glory and screamed at Heechul.

 

“ You’re a MONSTER. DON’T COME NEAR ME.”