Chapter 97

The Blood

After Heechul finished the blood soup which was more delicious than anything he had eaten for the past 100 years he was met with looks from a group of vampires he hadn't seen in a while.

Jaejoong stepped forward first and just hugged Heechul.

Yunho stepped foward to hug Heechul too but Heechul just put up a hand weakly. Breaking the chains of the abyss from your soul leaves a toll.

"I don't want Jaejoong's death glares for the next 10 years,"

Yunho chuckled as he stepped back.

"Are you still unable to see us?"

Heechul just quietly nodded as he felt Jaejoong move away and he felt another pair of familiar arms.

"Brother,"

"Fishy," Heechul softly said.

"Heechul,"

Heechul's head snapped sideways, "Go away monkey, don't ruin this precious moment,"

"Donghae," Eunhyuk's sad voice came, "Why are they all so mean to me????"

"Because you are just too fun to bully," Kyuhyun said and he nodded at Heechul, both of them exchanging a look of understanding.

Donghae laughed as his kissed Eunhyuk on his pouting lips.

"I can protect Kyuhyun on my own, but you are still his best friend! Don't leave again," Heechul nodded as he heard the pouting voice.

Heechul felt the soft feeling of feathers on his cheek as he felt feathers brush against his face.

"Rest well, okay? Now that they remembered you, you can see how much they really did miss you right?"

"Of course Teukie, now if Kangin would stop running away in fear from me,"

"You can't blame me...the first time we met after Teukie and I bonded...."

"Would you like to see it again?" Heechul smirked.

"Of course not!," Kangin said nervously.

One by one, as they exchanged greeting and sentiments, yelling, scoldings and tears, they cleared the room.

"I have something to return to you," 

Heechul turned around to see the one lone figure left.