Chapter 54 - That Night

The In Between

 

“Go upstairs, ___-ah”

 

Woohyun ushered you as soon as all of you got into your house. Woohyun drove you home, along with Dongwoo and Sungyeol—whom Woohyun dragged along with. You just nodded and slowly walked to the stairs. The men were following from behind, making their way to the living room. You were about to take the first step on the stairs, when Dongwoo called your name. You pulled back your feet and turned around to see him.

 

“What is it, Oppa?”, you asked.

 

“I’ll make some food for you, clean yourself quickly okay? Call us if you have difficulties with those bandages”, Dongwoo said, with warm smile just like usual. You smiled back and nodded, before going upstairs and went passed a door next to your room. Hoya’s room.

 

‘Where is he?’, you thought, staring blankly at his door. It had been awhile since you last saw him walking out from that door. Lately, you usually found him already at the dining table or at the front door, ready to go to work. You glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. Sighing, was the only thing you could do.

 

***

While you went upstairs to clean yourself, Dongwoo went to the kitchen and started to cook, leaving two men sitting in the living room, face to face.

 

Woohyun’s eyes weren’t focused at anything, neither were Sungyeol’s. Their minds were off to somewhere, not bothered with each other’s presence. Sungyeol breathed in heavily as he finally went back to reality. He was in your house, sitting face to face with one of your bestfriends who hated him, at 1 o’clock in the morning. ‘What am I doing here?’, he thought.

 

He cleared his throat to get Woohyun’s attention. Woohyun did look up, but his gaze just told Sungyeol to shut up and stay silent. Sungyeol his lips nervously before looking straight to Woohyun’s gaze.

 

“I think I should go now. You and Dongwoo-hyung can stay here right? I don’t think ___ needs three men to take care of her. I’m going-“

 

“No. Stay”, Woohyun cut him as he eyed Sungyeol like an eagle. Sungyeol eyed him back, confused. But Sungyeol knew better than to debate on this, so he decided to just stay, sitting in the living room with sweet smell of food coming from the kitchen. It was a silent moment between the two men, until Dongwoo came with two bowls in his hands.

 

“I made soup, you guys haven’t properly eaten right?”, Dongwoo said with a smile, passing the bowls to Sungyeol and Woohyun. Sungyeol took it and smiled back, while Woohyun didn’t even glance on the bowl, so Dongwoo just put it on the table, right in front of Woohyun.

 

Dongwoo and Sungyeol took a sip on their soup, while Woohyun just sat there, like a statue. No one talked, silence was in the air.

 

Until they heard a car coming nearer.

 

“That bastard”, was the last thing they heard, before Woohyun stood up abruptly and barged to the front door.

 

***

Hoya sighed heavily as he drove his car, on his way home. His phone was running out of battery, but he managed to read your message, telling him to pick you up at the salon. He tried to call you and the salon with his office’s telephone, but you didn’t answer.

 

‘Is ___-ah still waiting for me?’, he thought, glancing to the clock. It was past midnight. He bit his lower lip before speeding up his car, taking a turn to the salon.

 

He stopped right at the intersection near the salon. He noticed several polices’ car were there. ‘What happened?’.  Hoya decided to park his car on the side of the road and got off the car, walking straight to some officers who were standing outside the salon. They were talking seriously, weariness could be seen on their faces. Hoya was about to call one of the officers, when he caught a slight of their conversation.

 

“It was great that we popped up right on time”, said one of the officers.

 

“Yeah, the girl was lucky. I mean, if her friend didn’t call us right away, she might be in the worse condition than this”

 

“Her friend was a brave one I think. Did you see how he broke the window and went straight to punch him on the face? Not to mention that actually the robber got gun in his pocket”

 

Hoya was frozen to hear them. His gaze flew to the salon’s windows, which were broken and shattered into pieces. There were police lines right in front of the door. He slowly took several steps back, before running straight to his car and drove it hastily. His mind went blank. The only thing he could think was you.

 

‘___-ah, please tell me you’re okay. Tell me you’re with the others now. Tell me’

 

He drove as fast as he could, passing those red lights, not bothered to even step on the brakes. He reached home faster than he usually did. He got off from the car hastily, abruptly ran to the front door. He pulled the front door as soon as he reached it. He took a step inside with his eyes running to find you.

 

Only to fall down to the floor, with stinging pain on his cheek.

 

Hoya was frozen once, before slowly looked up to his attacker.

 

“Woohyun….”

 

“You’re such a jerk”, Woohyun hissed.

 



 

So yeah, updated! Happy reading :)