Chapter 15 - I'm Not The One You're Looking For

The In Between

“Erm sir? What’s your name earlier? Woohyun-sshi? Are you there?”, the man asked with his hand waving in front of Woohyun’s face. He was confused of the frozen and suddenly unspoken Woohyun so he approached him to found the florist was gazing out of nowhere.

 

Woohyun grabbed his wrist, stopping his annoying movement. “Who are you going to send it sir?”, he asked with a furious tone. He didn’t even look at the man’s eye when he talked. The man just stared at him with an icy cold stare.

 

“Ms. Han ___”, he said, pulling out from Woohyun’s grip. “If you have a pen and a paper, I’ll write her name so you won’t deliver it to the wrong person”.

 

The man then walked away from Woohyun but got stopped as Woohyun grip his shoulder and made him facing the angered florist’s owner.

 

“She’s taken”, Woohyun said shortly. He shot daggers from his eyes.

 

“And so what?”, the man replied nonchalantly.

 

“Don’t mess with her. Go get other girl to play with”. Woohyun was almost on the limit of his patience.

 

“Same goes to you. Don’t mess with my business. Go get other person to interrupt”, the man said coldly as he walked away again from Woohyun.

 

Woohyun couldn’t take it anymore. He raged to the cold man and grabbed his shoulder again.

 

“Look Sir, ___-ah is already someone else’s girl. If you have nothing to do, just do anything you want but courting her. Understand?”, Woohyun said with harsh tone. He didn’t like to know that the man who was now standing in front of him, was the one who kept sending you flower. He didn’t like it even more as he saw the attitude of this man.

 

The man just snorted. Still with his cockiness, he replied, “Am I wrong just to send her flowers? It’s common nowadays. Besides, ___-sshi is sure a beauty one”

 

Woohyun glared with anger to the man, earning an icy stare from the man.

 

“Step on my dead body first before you can hit on her”

 

The man smirked, finding that it was a ridiculous sentence coming from the florist’s mouth. “What are you to her? Are you her boyfriend?”

 

This was the second time Woohyun heard those sentence today. First from you, and second from this cold, unmannered, man. He felt a pang strike on his heart. ‘Why does everybody ask that?’

 

“I’m her bestfriend”, Woohyun said shortly, making the man stared him in disbelief—or maybe he mocked him on his word.

 

“I don’t see you’re on the right position to confront me then. You’re making yourself like her boyfriend“

 

“I’m his bestfriend! Of course I have every right to protect her from a cocky guy like you”

 

The man just rolled his eyes. He was already sick of this conversation. “Yeah whatever. Just wrap them already and have it delivered to her. I’m going”

 

“Like I would deliver it for you”

 

“Of course you would, I’m your customer dear Mr. Florist”, he hissed.

 

“It’s not that you’re my only customer”, Woohyun replied shortly. “Stop sending her flowers already”

 

“You know one customer can make a big difference when it comes to business right? You’d better take care of your own business Woohyun-sshi, this florist is too nice to be run out of business”, he said cockily as he walked to the cashier to pay for the flowers. Woohyun still glared at him in disbelief. How could he stand to see the man who kept sending you flowers was a jerk one?

 

After he finished paying for the flower, the man walked towards Woohyun with a paper folded in his hand. He gave the paper to Woohyun and sarcastically said, “In case you forgot your own friend’s name”. Woohyun held back the urge to punch him in the face, since they were in the florist and people were watching.

 

The man then took out a card from his pocket. “And send this too along with the flower”, he said as he put the card into Woohyun’s shirt’s pocket. Woohyun stared him in disgust, fed up with this man’s cockiness. Both of them had this staring competition but it ended when suddenly a voice called.

 

“Myungsoo-ah! Sungyeol’s here. Hurry up!”

 

“Yes Hyung”, the man replied. “Gotta get going now. Nice florist you had. Make sure the flower wrapped and sent nicely”. The man—Myungsoo—then walked past Woohyun, purposely bumping each other’s shoulder, and made his way to the front door.

 

Woohyun scowled as he rumpled the paper he gave to him.

 

‘What’s his name before? Myungsoo? Hah, praise God Myungsoo, you’re still alive after what you’ve said to me. You’re lucky I didn’t chop you into pieces earlier’, Woohyun’s thought. He was still angry after that not-so-nice-conversation.

 

“And by the way”, Myungsoo said as he stopped at the front door. He turned around and faced Woohyun again. “I’m just helping my friend. The flowers were from him, not me”

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened. He couldn’t believe that he had confronted the wrong person. He should have said sorry to Myungsoo. After all, he still was one of the florist’s customers. But his stupid pride told him not to do so. Hell, this man still was a friend of the real sender, Woohyun refused to act nice toward him.

 

“Tell your friend to stop sending ___-ah flower”, Woohyun said.

 

“Tell him yourself, it’s your business, not mine”. Then, he left.

 

Woohyun sighed as he failed to reveal the sender’s identity. He took the card the man put in his pocket and stared at it. It was neatly written and folded. “To : ___-sshi”, Woohyun murmured as he read the card. He scratched his head in depression, hating the fact that now the real sender was still out there, admiring your beauty trying to hit on you. ‘What should I do now?’

 

Half-heartedly, he wrapped the flower and put the card in it. He was about to go to the salon when he felt a buzz on his pocket. He took his phone and found your name was in the screen. He picked up the phone and answered it.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Oppa! Are you busy?”, your happy voice beamed from the other line. Woohyun smiled, feeling happy to hear your voice after being badmood before.

 

“I am. I’m busy taking care of these girls crazy over me”, he said jokingly.

 

“Haha talk to my hand. By the way, you’re still at the florist right? Don’t go anywhere, I’m on my way there”

 

“What? But why?”, Woohyun asked confusedly.

 

“I’m going to have lunch with you. Let’s have bestfriends’ quality time! Okay? I’ll hang up, stay there, don’t move! See you!”

 

Woohyun stared at his phone and smiled. It had been a really long time since you last had what you called ‘bestfriends’ quality time’. Woohyun then forgot about his matter with Myungsoo guy before and waited for you to come.

 

‘Somehow I feel kinda grateful that Hoya isn’t here with you ___-ah’


Yeah! National exams has ended. I'm back for updating hehe. And by the way, i got a new plot for another story, so maybe i'm going to start a new fanfic later. But i promise i'll keep updating this one, after all this is my first priority hoho. Comments and subscribes please :D