Chapter 46 - Meeting Her Friends

The In Between

You happily walked out from the set of Sungyeol's schedule. It was your birthday, and you couldn't be more happier. Hoya woke you up the first in the morning and gave you special morning kiss. He also cooked special breakfast and finally for once in a long time, he let himself late for his work. You just couldn't contain your happiness, especially when Hoya said, "I'll give you the real present at Dongwoo's. See you there okay?"

 

You smiled to yourself as his words kept playing in your mind. Ever since the airport incident, you hadn't talked properly to him and neither had he. You were just happy to know that he would come to eat together with you, although it wouldn't be only the two of you. There would be Dongwoo and Woohyun also. You thought it would be such a good idea to gather those three and have a talk, reminiscing the old times. 

 

You hummed random happy birthday song as you clean up your things. Sungyeol just chuckled and tiptoed to your behind, before giving it a light tap. You jumped a bit in shock, but then gave him a happy smile. Sungyeol grinned in reply. 

 

"Why are you so happy?", he asked uselessly since he already knew the answer. 

 

"You don't know?", you asked back, knowing he only teased you. 

 

"Uhmmm no?"

 

"I thought it was only several days ago you bought me the dress as present", you said again. 

 

"Which dress? Since when I went for a shopping with you?"

 

"Oh c'mon stop it Sungyeol I know you know what I mean"

 

"Uhmmm no?", he said and wriggled his eyebrow. You playfully hit his arm and pouted. Sungyeol just giggled before rummaging through his pants' pocket. You tried to peek but it was failed since you were blocked by his enormous height. 

 

"What are you looking for?"

 

"This!", he exclaimed as he ran his hand to the back of your ear and let out a piece of metal thingie. Basic magic trick. You giggled as he showed you the thing he pulled behind your ear. It was a hairpin. A cute hairpin that had small flowers colored in peach. That hairpin just suited with the dress he bought you before. 

 

"Happy birthday ___-ah! Uhmmm sorry i only bought you this hairpin, but I promise I'll buy you something bigger next time"

 

You smiled sweetly before taking the hairpin. "it's okay. Hairpin is enough. Beside, it really suits the dress you bought for me", you said as you walked to your bag. You opened your bag and pulled out the peach dress. You put the hairpin on your hair and placed the dress in front of your body as you posed in front of the mirror. "See? It's matched"

 

Sungyeol smiled to see you satisfied with his present. But then he found it was weird for you to bring along the dress in your bag. 'Why did she bring it?'

 

"Are you going somewhere after this?"

 

"Yup. Why asking?"

 

 'She's going somewhere? Damn it must be Hoya. Argh I actually wanted to have a dinner with her tonight. But yeah, it's not that she would go with me and abandon her boyfriend'

 

"Oh right!", you said and clapped your palms together, making Sungyeol turned his attention to you. 

 

"Why don't you come with me tonight Sungyeol?"

 

"Eh? I don't want to interrupt your quality time with your boyfriend"

 

"It's only a simple dinner and it's not only me and hoya. There will be Dongwoo oppa and Woohyun. You haven't met Dongwoo oppa right? I'll introduce you to him. He's a nice person! I bet you'll be close to him. You and him have similar personality. Well, he's not childish actually"

 

"Yah!"

 

"Kiddingggg so, you wanna come?"

 

"Okay"

***

Both of you went to Sungyeol's apartment first, to clean yourselves and get changed into decent clothes. You went to the bathroom first. 

 

"Don't. Ever. Try. To. Peek", you said, emphasizing every word you said. Sungyeol put out one of his hand up and the other do a cross sign on his left chest, means he wouldn't ever try to peek on you. You chuckled once before proceeding to clean yourself.

 

You took a quick bath and changed into the peach dress in the bathroom, since you didn't want to walk out only with towel of course. You then stepped out from the bathroom with towel on your head and told Sungyeol you were done using his bathroom. 

 

"Never found any girl taking a bath this fast", he teased before walking into the bathroom. You gave him a face and then went to your makeups bag to take your hair dryer. Five minutes struggling with your wet hairs, you got your hairs dried finally. You then took out your makeups tool, foundation, blush on, mascaras, eye shadow, and their family. You quickly put on some makeups on your face and did a natural one. As you finished with the make up, you then went to your hair. You took the hairpin from Sungyeol neatly on your hair, and curled the ends of your hair. Simple, yet still looked glamorous on you. You did a final touch up, when you heard Sungyeol's voice from your behind. 

 

"You look pretty in anything you wear"

 

You jumped up from your seat and  had your heartbeats uncontrollable. Sungyeol chuckled once and said again, "Now that you're done, mind to help me choosing the clothes for the birthday girl's night?"

 

You stuck your tongue out before standing up from your seat. Behind those annoying faces you made, deep inside you were blushing like mad. Thank goodness the make up concealed it so it wasn't that obvious. 

 

You then went up to his cabinet and opened it, to find so many clothes in it. You tapped your chin, and finally you took simple blue shirt and grey vest plus pants in the same color. You shoved them to him, and that was when you realized he was half ... again. You quickly covered your eyes and muttered some random things before going out from the room, earning another chuckle from the tall guy. 'She's really cute'

 

"Is this okay?", he said as he walked out from the room fully dressed. You tilted your head to figure what was missing and then stood up to reach his hair. You gave him messy spikes on his hair and found a cute pair of glasses on the table. You took them and placed it on his face. 

 

"Done! You look like a cute yet cool nerd", you said and practically praised your own works. Sungyeol just shook his head in amusement before grabbing his key. 

 

"Let's go"

***
Fifteen minutes of driving and now you finally reached Dongwoo's restaurant. You accompanied Sungyeol looking for a place to park his car and went into the restaurant together. You looked around to find a familiar flower boy and dinosaur-look boy. 

 

"I think I saw Woohyun over there", Sungyeol said an pointed to a direction on your left. You looked at the direction and found Woohyun and Dongwoo were already sitting on a big table, talking to each other. Dongwoo noticed you and waved to you. You waved back, and walked towards them when you felt a grip on your wrist. 

 

You turned your face to the guy gripping your wrist. "Something wrong Sungyeol?"

 

"Am I... Really allowed to join this dinner? I mean... I'm an outsider..."

 

"Oh c'mon I know and you know you aren't an outsider. C'mon Dongwoo oppa needs to meet you", you said and dragged him towards the two men sitting near the window. Dongwoo stood up and welcomed the both of you while Woohyun just scoffed to see Sungyeol. 

 

'This would be a long night', both Woohyun and Sungyeol thought.

 

Updated again!

Fyuhh my fingers....

enjoy the updates guys

comments and subscribes are still loved.