Chapter 42 - His Managers Desicion

The In Between

Sungyeol finally reached the management’s office after several minutes of driving. He lazily stepped out from his car and let the valet parked the car. As soon as he stepped into the lobby, he found Myungsoo was sitting on one couch, leaning on it while randomly read some newspapers. The younger noticed his older brother had arrived and put down the newspaper, as he greeted his hyung in sarcastic tone.

 

“Finally you decided to go back after running away”, he said as a smirk formed on his lips.

 

“Whatever”, Sungyeol replied as he walked past his partner, too lazy to hold a conversation. He knew Myungsoo would just be a lot more annoying if he responded to his sarcasm. But seems like ignoring him would just make it worse.

 

“You’re in a big trouble Hyung”, Myungsoo said again in annoying manner. Sungyeol silently mocked the way he talked and rolled his eyes.

 

“Thanks for caring”, Sungyeol said sarcastically.

 

“I don’t, but she will”, Myungsoo said mysteriously. Sungyeol shook his head and rolled his eyes. Sometimes, his partner would be such a mysterious guy to talk to and Sungyeol was too lazy to find out what he meant.

 

He was about to walk away from him, when he heard his manager’s hoarse voice echoed.

 

“Lee Sungyeol. In my room. Now”

 

From his tone, Sungyeol knew it wasn’t only about running away from the schedule and taking the car. It was more serious. He silently walked faster to his manager’s room, leaving Myungsoo who was smirking at the scene.

 

‘This is the end for you Han ___’

 

***

“How do you explain this?”, the manager scolded as soon as Sungyeol reached the desk. He threw out several pictures on the desk. At first, Sungyeol wasn’t interested to see what they were, but when he noticed a familiar figure on the picture, his expression changed.

 

‘What the… ___-ah?’

 

“Lee Sungyeol. Are you dating ___-sshi?”, the manager said again. Sungyeol gulped nervously as he kept staring at the pictures. The pictures of you and him having lunch together, with romantic atmosphere all over the place. Sungyeol even had his jaw dropped. ‘Who did this?’

 

“Look Lee Sungyeol. I don’t mind if you’re having this romance part of your life, but seriously, your own make up coordinator? We’ve talked about this Sungyeol, I hired her because ofyour recommendation, and I’ve told you to not include romance in this”

 

“But Hyung”, Sungyeol was about to defense himself, but the manager cut him off.

 

“I don’t want to hear any reason from you. Stay away from her, or else I’ll fire her. Understand?”

 

“Hyung-“

 

“I said do you understand?”, the manager’s voice was raised, making Sungyeol flinched a bit. He looked down to his feet nervously as he tried thinking ways to finish this problem.

 

“We’re done, please go out from this room”, the manager said again. He was about to stand up and left Sungyeol when suddenly Sungyeol decided to grab his arm abd stop him from going anywhere.

 

“What is it Sungyeol?”

 

“You can’t be like this towards her. You’ve never been like this when I’m with female idols. Why are you acting like this just now?”

 

“It’s a different thing Sungyeol. I can always make up reasons if it were idols you went out with. She’s only a make up artist for god sake, you’ll just ruin your reputation if they found out you were going out with her”

 

“That’s ridiculous Hyung”

 

“No more arguing”

 

“But Hyung”, Sungyeol whined.

 

“Lee Sungyeol enough! You think you can always do anything as much as you want? You’ve caused so much trouble today and I knew it’s because of her! You want to ruin your own career for her?! Fine! Just do it. I don’t care”, the manager exploded as he yelled to Sungyeol.

 

“Hyung”

 

“I’m finished with you. Remember, stay away from her or I’ll kick her out from here. If you aren’t planning to go out, I’m going”.

 

Sungyeol stayed in silence, before slowly made his way out from the room. He got his head hung low that he didn’t notice Myungsoo was already in front of the door, leaning on the wall. A smirk formed on his lips as he knew what was going on in the room.

 

“Told you”, he said arrogantly, making Sungyeol raised up his head and met the gaze of his dongsaeng’s. Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo coldly, and Myungsoo just gave a victorious stare in reply, like he was happy to see his hyung like this.

 

“What a good partner you are”, Sungyeol  said sarcastically.

 

“At least I’m not the one who be such a mushy disgustingly sweet guy towards his make up coordinator”, Myungsoo replied as he rolled his eyes.

 

“What. E. Ver”, Sunyeol said and rolled his eyes too. He then turned his back on Myungsoo, before walking away from him. Myungsoo smirked once again, as he took out the USB drive from his pocket, jiggling it at his hand.

 

‘Being an instant paparazzi in a day sure gives a lot of help”, he thought as he had smirk all over his face.

 

***

Sungyeol was now on his apartment, sitting on his puffy couch. He facepalmed himself as he felt his phone buzzing from his pocket. He lazily took it, and it was a message from you.

 

From : ___-ah

Home already? Woohyun oppa suddenly showed up so I’m not alone now. Don’t worry about me. Get some rest okay, don’t be sick :)

 

Sungyeol smiled as he about to type a reply. But then his hand froze as he remembered about what his manager said.

 

‘Should I reply it?’

 

When he was in deep thought, his phone was ringing, it was a call from you. Sungyeol bit his lower lip, hesitated to pick it up or not. But then, he just left his phone on the coffee table, let it yell its ringtone out, while he walked towards his room.

 

‘I’m sorry ___-ah. I just… can’t’


Updated again!

Comments and subscribes are still loved guys :D