Chapter 3 - A Bouquet of Flowers from...Stranger?

The In Between

“Good morning everyone!”, you said as you entered the salon.

 

All of the staffs were busy preparing for the opening, but still managed to bow at you. You bowed back and then put all your stuff at the workers’ lockers. You fixed your make up and your clothes before finally went out the salon’s main room.

 

You helped the other staff cleaning the room. One of the staff called you, “___-sshi, Mrs. Kim is here. She wants you to do the usual”

 

You thanked her and then went to meet Mrs. Kim, who was with her grandchild, Mi soon. You bowed at her, “Sorry for making you wait Mrs. Kim, how can I help you? And hello Misoon-ah, how are you?”

 

Misoon just shyly smiled. “Aigo, my granddaughter is shy. It’s okay ___-ah, I’d like you to style my hair as usual. My husband asked me to go with him to some business meeting and I know your hairstyling is the best”, Mrs. Kim said.

 

“Thank you for your compliments Mrs. Kim, sure I’ll do it for you. This way please”, you said as you showed her the way.

 

You let Mrs. Kim sit and then prepared to style her hair. You knew Mrs. Kim very well since she was the director’s wife of the company where Hoya worked. In fact, it was Hoya who recommended the salon to her and to your surprise, she really liked how you styled her hair. Since then, she was one of the important customers in your salon. And you felt really thankful to her because she’s your first regular customer. Although you had many regular customers now, Mrs. Kim was still your first priority.

 

“So, are you still with Hoya, ___-ah?”, Mrs. Kim asked. “How is he? I haven’t met him for long time”

 

“Yes Mrs. Kim, he’s fine, don’t worry”, you replied.

 

“Have you ever thought of getting married for real ___-ah? Both of you make a good couple you know”, Mrs. Kim said teasingly.

 

You blushed at her words. “No Mrs. Kim, he and I are still busy with our own careers so, getting married is not on our priority list”, you said shyly.

 

Mrs. Kim chuckled a bit and then said, “Whatever, promise me to invite us when you’re getting married, okay?”

 

You said yes as you nodded your head shyly. You shared a long chit-chat with Mrs. Kim and also Misoon. They were like your family.

 

You just finished styling Mrs. Kim’s hair as you felt a light tap on your shoulder.

 

You turned around and you found Woohyun was standing there smiling.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing here? And… is that flowers?”, you said while pointing at him.

 

“Yah, is that how you act towards your favorite oppa? And…. yeah it’s flowers”, he replied.

 

You took a good look at the thing in his hand. It’s a bouquet full of flowers. And you had to admit that you really liked the flowers. ‘Woohyun sure is a good florist. Well, it suits with his flirty personality’, you thought.

 

“So who is it for? Are you trying to court one of our staffs? Or maybe… our customers?”, you asked jokingly.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened at your sentence. “Why would I even try to court one of this salon’s staffs with… this bouquet in my hand? I’m not that desperate you know”, he said with his cute pouting face. “Well, it’s for you actually”

 

You looked at him confusedly. He handed over the bouquet while he turned his face away. You took it and smelled the flower, ‘Woohyun’s flowers are the best!’, you thought. But why would he give you flowers?

 

“Oppa, you know I’m with Hoya right?”, you asked randomly.

 

“Of course”

 

“Then why are you trying to court me?”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Your eyes widened at his exclaims. Then you laughed to see Woohyun’s panicked face. “Why are you so panicked Oppa? I was just kidding”, you said as you tried not to laugh your head off.

 

“Look, don’t get me wrong. I gave it to you not because I flirt with you or something. It’s an order. Someone sends you this bouquet and I’m here to deliver it, okay? Don’t think I’m going to court you. You’re not my type”, he said with serious tone yet still made you want to laugh even harder.

 

“You have to see how funny your face is Oppa, hahahaha”, you finally let yourself laugh.

 

Woohyun just rubbed his neck awkwardly.

 

“Don’t worry Oppa, I know you won’t even try to flirt with me. You’re my favorite Oppa after all”, you said as you hit his arm playfully. “And although I’m not your type, I’m still beautiful right right right?”

 

Woohyun playfully rolled his eyes, earning another hit on his arm.

 

“So, who is it from Oppa?”, you asked as you smelled at scent of the flowers.

 

“I don’t know. My staff was the one who got the order. He said it was for you so I decided to deliver it myself. Special delivery for my favorite dongsaeng”, he said sweetly as he rubbed his arms. It was kinda painful to get hit by you.

 

‘Maybe it was Hoya’, you thought.

 

“Gotta go now ___-ah, being florist is not easy. And I don’t want all of the girls here going crazy over me hahaha”, he said jokingly.

 

“Ewww so confident. Okay Oppa, thank you for the delivery”

 

He waved at you and you waved back.

 

As Woohyun left, you stared at the bouquet in your hands.

 

‘Hoya sure is sweet’, you thought and unconsciously smiled. You put the bouquet near your stuffs and then got back to your work. ‘I have to thank him for the flower’

 

Little did you know, someone was watching you from a far, smiling stupidly as he knew you had received his present.

 


Another chapter is up! What do you think of florist Woohyun?

Comments and subscribes are loved! :3