Chapter 31 - Sungyeol's Thoughts

The In Between

Sungyeol’s POV

It had been a month, ___-ah being our make-up coordinator. Her works were just as perfect as her looks. Almost all of the other idols were envy of us to have such a perfect make-up coordinator. She was beautiful, polite, hardworking, and professional. Nothing needed to be changed from her. She got all of the girls wanted the most.

 

And being perfect as she was, she also got this perfect boyfriend, Hoya. He was as hardworking as her, and he’s handsome. Haah, perfect couple. Nothing could break their bond, nothing, including me.

 

I hit my steer in depression. If I knew it would end like this, I wouldn’t have been such a corny guy who sends that flower to her. If I knew it would make me fall harder for her, I wouldn’t have been such a desperate guy who tried to capture her heart.

 

Yeah, I fell for her, hard. And after several months I got to know her, this feeling just developed faster than I thought. And the fact that I was being there when her boyfriend couldn’t just made me harder to forget this feeling. I just couldn’t hold the urge to comfort her everytime she felt sad of being left by her boyfriend. And everytime I was there for her, I couldn’t help but cursing Hoya for leaving her, and praying that one day both of them decided to just break up. But I knew it wouldn’t happen. And I knew this feeling wouldn’t go either.

 

Should I be happy of this? I didn’t know. It made me depressed, to know that the one I fell for was already taken. I didn’t know what I should do. Should I just keep courting her? Or should I give up? I just didn’t know. All I knew was, I still sent her that bouquet of flowers everyday.

 

I stopped my car on the side of the road. I couldn’t drive well in a state like this. I would end up crashing into other cars or maybe hitting on the passerby. I leaned my head lifelessly on the driver’s seat. I scratched my head in depression, letting out all of the feelings I had. Anger, sad, desperate. I never knew falling in love could make me going crazy like this. And I knew, this craziness wouldn’t end until I finally got her as mine.

 

I turned my head to the left side of the road, and find the most famous florist in the town. It belonged to Woohyun, which ___-ah claimed as her bestfriend. Yeah, he was a good bestfriend  I think. Instead of that busybody Hoya, Woohyun was always there for ___ to talk to. And he was really protective to ___. I even wondered which one was the real ___’s boyfriend, Hoya or him.

 

And this florist was the one where I got those flowers for ___. Thank goodness I never came here by myself to get those, I always either ordered it by phone or sent Myungsoo to get them. Usually, Woohyun would be the one who delivered it to ___, but lately I found he got his staff to do it instead of him.

 

One thing I knew, if I wanted to get ___’s heart, first I should get rid of Woohyun’s cold act towards me. Yeah, another reason why I thought of giving up to get her heart was her bestfriend, the biggest barrier. Literally, ___ got these two men protecting her, and Woohyun would be the hardest to approach. Ever since the first meeting he already had this ice stare shooting towards me, as cold as Myungsoo’s. I knew it he didn’t like the fact that other boy was trying to court his bestfriend, and he would do anything to prevent anyone to hit on her. Hm, I wondered why he let Hoya though.

 

I sighed as my eyes still wandered on the florist. I needed to get Woohyun not suspicious towards me. I didn’t care if I couldn’t get ___’s heart, but at least I could be her bestfriend, the one who could also protect her just like him. I needed to talk to him.

 

I got out from the car and made my way to the florist. I hoped this was the right decision.

 

Narrator’s POV

As soon as Sungyeol stepped into the florist, Woohyun quickly noticed him. His eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, ‘What is this guy doing here?’

 

Sungyeol, on the other hand, felt nervous all of sudden at Woohyun’s furious stare at him. ‘His stare is seriously scary’. But he had decided to do this, so he wouldn’t take any step back from his decision. He took a deep breath before finally walking towards where Woohyun stood.

 

Woohyun stared at him coldly as he approached his place. He shot daggers from his eyes. “What are you doing here?”

 

Sungyeol’s heartbeat increased due to the nervous feeling he felt. ‘I hope this is the right idea’

 

“I want to buy flowers. For ___”

 


Updated againnn! So yeah, expect the fight between Woohyun and Sungyeol cause the next chapter will be about it :D

Comments and subscribes are loved :D