Chapter 16 - Disappointed

The In Between

You just got home from a long day with Woohyun. Not long actually, you only had lunch for like an hour with him and then had a long chattering for several hours. The waiter was even literally asked both of you to just find another place to talk, as both of you had already finished everything with your lunch but your talk. So both of you ended up talking in Woohyun’s florist.

 

You were now on the couch, letting yourself eaten by the puffiness of the couch. Talking to Woohyun sure took a lot of energy, as he talked non stop and you got so many things to tell to him. You put your bag on the floor, and took the today’s bouquet next to you. It was light pink roses, which you found really beautiful. Smelling the sweet scent of it, you sighed a relief as you slowly took the card in it.

 

To : ___-sshi

I watched you from afar to notice that you are more beautiful than the flowers I had sent to you.

Will this beautiful you become mine?

Ahaha crappy flirting but I mean it J

 

You smiled as you read the card. The stranger guy now clearly stated that he had fell in love with you. “Sorry stranger, I’m taken already”, you said to the card, as if it was the person who kept sending you flowers. You then lazily stood up and went to your room, placing the card in your drawer with the other cards.

 

“Hm, Hoya hasn’t texted me today. Is he still busy?”, you asked to yourself. It was true, Hoya hadn’t contacted you for a whole day. He only texted once in the morning to tell you that he was really sorry for the extended schedule. No text sent to you after that. You then decided to text him first.

 

To : Hoya-Oppa

No text for me? You sure are really busy. Don’t get too tired L

 

5 minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. No reply. You then texted him again.

 

To: Hoya-Oppa

Stop working already and text me baaaack L

 

Still, no reply. You decided to call him, just to make sure he was okay. But the one who answered your call was voicemail, signaling that he was still busy with his work. ‘What is he doing at this time?’, you thought. You then put your cellphone on the night stand, and went to the bathroom to clean yourself. ‘Maybe he’ll text back later’

 

After a long refreshing bath, you went to your night stand again to check your cellphone. There were 2 messages. You were happy as you thought both of them were from Hoya, but when you opened them, none of them were from Hoya. One was from Woohyun and the other from Dongwoo. Half-heartedly, you read both of them.

 

To : ___-ah

Yo besties, alone huh? Sorry I can’t accompany you tonight. Make sure you lock every door and window before you go to sleep, okay? If anything happens, call me

 

To : Woohyun-Oppa

Yes, it’s okay, yes, yes. Haha still at the florist Oppa? Don’t be a busy body like Hoya, just go home already :D

 

As you finished replying Woohyun, you then read Dongwoo’s message.

 

To : ___-ah

___-ah, Woohyun told me he couldn’t come to your house tonight. Is it okay for you being alone at home? Should I come? I’m free tonight.

 

To : Dongwoo-Oppa

It’s okay Oppa, I’m not a child anymore, and I know what to do. No need to come here, just go home already, you must be tired :D

You sighed as you sent a reply to Dongwoo. Two of your bestfriends were worried like hell to know you were alone at home tonight while your boyfriend was out there, busy working, and not even contacting you. You must admit that you were kind of disappointed. You knew Hoya was busy with only-God-knows-what-it-is but you just couldn’t find any reason for him not contacting you, or at least text you to say he was busy.

 

You pouted at your phone and gave up for waiting Hoya to text you. You put your phone on the night stand as you went out of the room to take your bag and the bouquet.

 

As you stepped back into the room with your bag and the bouquet in your hand, you heard your cellphone rang. Quickly, you went to the night stand and took your phone, letting your bag and the bouquet threw on the floor. You were anticipating it from Hoya, but as you saw the caller’s ID, your eyes widened. ‘Sungyeol-sshi? He’s calling?’. You then picked it up.

 

”Hello?”

 

“___-sshi? Is that you?”

 

“Of course. I gave you my number earlier right? Why asking?”, you said confusedly

 

“Just wanna make sure you didn’t give me fake numbers haha. What are you doing ___-sshi? Not asleep yet?”

 

“About to. I’m waiting for someone to text me back actually. How about you?”, you asked back, although you weren’t intended to.

 

“I’m about to sleep too. Hey, it sounds so quiet in your house”

 

“I’m home alone Sungyeol-sshi, that’s why it’s quiet”

 

“You are? Be careful ___-sshi, it’s dangerous for a beautiful girl like you to be home alone”

 

‘Beautiful? Me?’, you thought as your cheeks blushed into red crimson. You never thought someone like Sungyeol would say something like that. Thump thump thump, you felt your heart beat faster than before.

 

“I know Sungyeol-sshi. Aren’t you going to sleep? It’s kinda late already”, you said, trying to change the subject.

 

“Yeah I’m already on my bed actually. But somehow my drowsiness went away as I heard you were alone tonight. Should I accompany you until you’re asleep?”, he asked in concern. You could tell he was worried for you to be home alone, although he barely knew you. You were touched.

 

“Haha, thanks Sungyeol-sshi, I’m alright. Thanks for your concerning. Go sleep already”, you said sweetly. You didn’t want him to stay all night long just to talk to you when you knew he was a tight-scheduled-star.

 

“Okay, goodnight ___-sshi, you too go sleep already. Don’t forget to lock the doors. You can always call me if anything happens”

 

“Okay Sungyeol-sshi, thanks. Goodnight”. Then, you hung up.

 

You stared blankly at your phone screen. Even the person you just know for like several weeks was worried for you. You kept thinking why Hoya didn’t even bother to text you. Was he that busy? You put your cellphone back to the night stand as you slowly crawled to your bed. You lied down and turned around, facing the night stand. You kept glancing on your cellphone, still hoping Hoya would at least send a short message saying goodnight or something.

 

‘I actually hoped you were always be the last person I talked to before I go to sleep. Why didn’t you text me back Hoya?’


Double updates! Haa, i got some writer's block here -_- Subscribes and comments please, thanks :)