Chapter 40 - Shopping

The In Between

Forced and dragged away, you ended up going for a shopping with Sungyeol. His manager kept calling and texting him for numerous time, but he ignored all of them and pulled you into his car, driving to a shopping district nearby. Both of you forgot the fact that both of you were taking the car that should be used for schedule.

 

As you got there, he parked the car and unbuckled his seatbelt and yours. Both of you then stepped out from the car. As soon as your feet got to attach with the ground, Sungyeol dragged you along with him to walk past several stores that sold various fashion items. Seeing pretty things displayed on the shops’ window did make your heart a little bit better. At least it lessened your grumpiness level a lot.

 

You smiled inwardly as both of you stepped into one of the store. Sungyeol let go his grip on you, signalling you to look through the clothes you wanted. You slowly stepped past the clothes, as your hand ran through the soft fabrics. Then, you stopped as you saw a dress that caught your attention. It was peach in color with white ribbon on its back. You traced its fabric and admired its cuteness. You stared at it for a long time, until one long hand took it and shoved it to you. You were shocked a bit, as you stared to the owner of that long hand.

 

“Just try it if you like it”, Sungyeol said and grinned. You chuckled once, before turning on your heels to the fitting room. Thank goodness the store wasn’t crowded so you didn’t have to que for a long time. You looked around the store first and saw Sungyeol was busy at one corner of the store. You shrugged and stepped into the fitting room.

 

You quickly took off your clothes and changed into the peach dress. You tied the ribbon on its back and striked a pose in front of the mirror. You spun to see how it looked from the back, and then spun again to see how it looked from its side, randomly styled your hair simply to find a suitable hairstyle for the dress, and other things that always be done by girls in the fitting room. You were busy examining the dress when you heard Sungyeol calling you from outside.

 

“___-ah, why take so long? I wanna see it too”

 

You slowly opened the door of the fitting room and stepped out from it, revealing yourself in that dress to the tall guy standing backfacing you in front of the fitting room. You shyly looked down to your feet and tugged his sleeves. He turned around, and gaped at you. You awkwardly played with your fingers as you let him staring closely at you.

 

“You look cute…”, he said, trailing on his last word.

 

“Am i?”, you asked back, with a slight blush on your face. Sungyeol just nodded and still stared at you with awe expression.

 

“But still not as cute as me”, he finished his sentence and put a failed aegyo act. You playfully smacked his arm to hear it and pouted your cheeks. He just giggled at your act and poked your cheek.

 

“Pouting do add the cuteness level”, he teased and walked away before you could hit his arm again. He stuck his tongue out and you did the same, before stepping back into the fitting room to get changed into your normal clothes.

 

As you finished changing, you went out from the fitting room. You held the peach dress on your hand while walked around to find where Sungyeol was. Then, you found him on another dress section. You reached him and tapped him on the shoulder.

 

“What are you doing in this section? Isn’t men’s section over there?”, you asked and pointed to where tuxedos and shirts were. Sungyeol just grinned and shrugged his shoulder.

 

“Just wanna see random dresses and think which one suits you the most”, he said and patted your head. You blushed at the contact and so did he, but he quickly walked past you so you couldn’t catch his red cheeks. You turned around and found Sungyeol was already walking towards outside. Instead of following him, you just stared at his broad shoulder and tall figure from behind. Even from his back, you could still feel his handsome aura spreading around him. You couldn’t help but to admire his perfectness while walking behind him.

 

“Uhm.. are you done with choosing ___-ah?”, he said as he saw random accessories displayed in the store. Now you could see his face from his side. Handsome face, warm smile, and other perfect features were the only things that plastered on his face. Heartbeat again raced in your chest, while you heard bells were ringing in your ears. You unconsciously moved your hand to your chest, feeling your heart thumped loudly yet calming in your body. ‘This feeling…. Why do I feel like this towards Sungyeol too? Do I.. fall for him?’

 

“Hey, Earth to Han ___, are you there?”, he asked and got you back to reality. He chuckled once when he saw you in your daydreaming state and intended to let you do so. But he couldn’t help the staring you got on him, it made him nervous like crazy so he just walked towards you and got you back to reality.

 

“So-sorry, I’m… daydreaming?”, you said unsure, earning a giggle from Sungyeol. You just looked down in embarrassment. You looked up again when you saw a hand reaching out in front of your nose. You stared at Sungyeol, who was extending his arm to you questioningly.

 

“What is that mean?”

 

“I’ll pay for that”, he said.

 

“N-no, you don’t have to”

 

“You like it don’t you?”

 

“But you don’t have to buy it for me. I can pay myself”, you said and walked to the cashier. But then in a flash, Sungyeol snatched the dress and ran to the cashier. You were just too shock to react.

 

“Yah Lee Sungyeol!”, you yelled as you chased him from behind. But his long legs did give him advantage and he managed to get to the cashier long before you did. You breathed heavily as finally you reached him and saw him paying for the dress.

 

“Yah! Urghh whatever, I’ll pay you back”, you said and searched for your purse in your bag. As you found your purse and about to opened it, you felt a plastic bag shoved to you.

 

“Take this as my present for your birthday, it’s by the end of the week right?”, he cut your searching session and flashed a grin. You were startled for a second. You almost forgot that your birthday would be by the end of this week yet Sungyeol remembered. You blushed your cheeks again and shyly took the bag.

 

“Thank you”, you muttered and felt your heart thumping loudly again. Sungyeol grinned again and blushed once more. ‘Too much blushing today. I feel like a tomato’, he thought.

 

He was about to say something again, when his phone yelled its ringtone to get its owner picked it up. Sungyeol sighed first before taking out his phone. He picked up the call without seeing who it was from. He already knew who it was.

 

You saw him talking on the phone and heard several yelling from the other line. You nervously looked away yet your ears were still on their conversation. Finally, Sungyeol ended the phone call as he said lazily, “Yes Hyung, I’ll be back”

 

You bit your own lips when you saw Sungyeol sighed heavily and put his phone back to his pocket. You felt guilty for making him being scolded by his manager. If you didn’t force yourself to pick Hoya up, Sungyeol wouldn’t have thought to help you get to the airport in time and leave his schedule behind. And to add more guilts, Hoya wasn’t there and now he accompanied you shopping. ‘He did so much for me’, you thought.

 

You walked up to him and tugged his sleeve again. “Sorry, it’s because of me”, you muttered. Sungyeol stared at you with big eyes, but softened as he patted your head.

 

“Naaah, it’s my manager who overreacted. Come on, let’s get going. I’ll drive you home”

 

You just couldn’t hold your heart to beat normally as usual and blushed again. Sungyeol smiled first, before walking to his car with you following from behind. ‘This is sure a good day for me and her’

 

***

 

“Thanks for driving me back home Sungyeol. And sorry for making you accompanying me”, you said as you unbuckled your seatbelt. Sungyeol smiled and watched you stepping out from the car.

 

“Thanks for the dress too. And… thanks for everything”, you muttered the last part but he managed to catch them. He reached out his long arm and patted your head again.

 

“Anything for my precious make up coordi”, he said and grinned widely. You blushed once again and quickly bowed to hide your red cheeks.

 

“Drive carefully and get home safely Sungyeol”, you said and your heels to walk towards the front gate.

 

“___-ah”, he called again. You turned around again and met the gaze of his. It was deep, meaningful, sweet, yet sad in the same time. You stared back in question. ‘Why… what’s with that gaze?’

 

“You know you can always come to me right?”, he said, and you just stared longily at him. ‘Why didn’t I want to break the gaze off?’

 

“I will always here for you. Don’t hesitate to tell me anything you feel, okay?”, he continued. You couldn’t move your lips to reply, well mostly because your mind went blank and not able to produce any words. Sungyeol then waved his hand to you and you just waved back. He drove his car off, leaving you on the front gate, staring blankly at his car until it went away from your sight. ‘Somehow… I kinda feel I just want him to stay… but why?’

 

“Where have you been ___-ah?”

 

Your deep thoughts were distracted as you heard a familiar deep voice coming from your back. You spun around to see a man standing in front of your house with his arms crossed .

 

“Was that Sungyeol I saw?”

 

“Oppa…”


Updated! Sorry for taking so long to update. Gotta get throung enormous writers block first -_-

Thank you so much for waiting this story to be updated

Comments and subscribes are loved :D