Chapter 10 - Picnic

The In Between

It was Sunday, means you and Hoya finally had a day-off. You lazily got up from your bed, trying to get used of the sunlight coming from the window. As your eyes adjusted to the light, you stretched your body and fully got up from your bed. You practically dragging your feet as you walked out from your bedroom. Right after you opened the door, the delicious scent of food attacked your nose. You felt confused and you stared at the clock hanging on the wall. ‘It’s only 8 am, is Hoya awake already?’

 

You made your way to the kitchen and found this muscular man in his purple apron, struggling to cut the onion and its friends. You smiled as you saw his awkwardness in cooking. You knew he wasn’t pro in cooking, as he would get so many cuts after cooking, but his cooking tasted great.

 

Hoya was really busy with his onion, making him not realize you that were there for several minutes, watching him cooking. Your naughty ideas came right away. You tiptoed as you went closer to him. You took a deep breath and said, “BOO!” as you put your hands on his shoulder.

 

“WHOA”, he said, shocked like crazy. The knife on his hand fell to the counter and he put his hand on his chest, trying to get his normal heartbeat back. You laughed like a mad girl, holding your tummy hard. You even shed a tear as you laughed really loud. Hoya just frowned, and said, “If I got a heart attack, would you be responsible of it?”

 

“That’s what I felt several days ago”, you said as you stopped laughing.

 

“Well, I don’t mind getting heart attack, if it got attacked by you”, he said, trying to be cheesy but… failed.

 

You snorted, trying to hold back your laughter and said, “If you learn that from Woohyun, you’d better study hard Oppa”. Hoya just smiled and ruffled your hair. ‘I love this routine’

 

“Let me help you Oppa, you seems have a hard time cutting this family”, you said as you pointed to the failed tomato and onion cuts. Hoya then took another apron for you and helped you wearing it. You stood next to Hoya and started to help you. So basically, you were cooking together now.

 

“You know what ___-ah? If we happen to get married for real, promise me we will cook breakfast, or lunch, or whatever, together like this. Okay?”, Hoya said, as he fried the egg. You blushed a bit, but managed to nod. Hoya then ruffled your hair again, with his onion-smelled hand.

 

“Yah! Your hand smell like onion Oppa”, you said as you tried to get his hand off from your head. Hoya just kept ruffling your hair, teasing you. You just pouted, gave in to the fact that now your hair smelled like onion.

 

***

 

As you both finished with your breakfast, Hoya asked you to go to a picnic. “It’s been a long time since we do that”, he said.

 

“Why don’t we just go to Dongwoo’s? You know, we planned to go there before right?”, you asked.

 

“Not really in mood to go there today ___-ah. His restaurant is full of customers on Sunday. Besides, I kinda wanna have lunch outdoor today”, he said as he smiled widely.

 

“Okay theeen, I’ll take a bath and prepare for the picnic okay?”, you said cutely and ran to the bathroom. Hoya just smiled again to see your rare-cute-acts. He smiled wider as he anticipated the today’s picnic.

 

***

 

“Whoaa, it feels great!”, you exclaimed as you arrived at the park. You took a deep breath, smelling the scent of the grass wavering in the air. Hoya took a deep breath too, enjoying the atmosphere of the park.

 

Many people went to the park on Sunday, but it wasn’t so crowded that you managed to find a good place under the tree to put all of your picnic’s stuffs. Hoya spreaded the table cloth on the grass so you could comfortably sat on it. You both then sat next to each other and enjoying the scene of the park together. The sound of rustling leaves echoed in the air.

 

“I missed this place”, he said. “Remember when I first took you here?”

 

You smiled. “Yes, I remembered how you let me sat on the ground alone while you were busy playing with the kite you randomly found back then”, you said. “And you kept failing in flying the kite”

 

Hoya frowned, “Why did you always remember embarrassing things like that?”

 

You laughed at his annoyance and said again, “Sorry, embarrassing things are hard to forget”

 

Hoya faked a hit on your arms and you just sticked your tongue out. A cool breeze started to blow. You then put your head on his shoulder, as he wrapped his arm tight around you. It felt warm and comfortable, making you unwilling to let go of him. He kissed your forehead softly. You just nuzzled your head on his shoulder, making him wrapped around you tighter. The scent of him tickling your nose, you inhaled deeper, as you wanted to smell his scent better. ‘He smells good’

 

You didn’t want this romantic moment came to an end, but then, a sound of growling came to interrupt. You lifted up your head and faced him. Hoya just smiled awkwardly and said, “Sorry, my tummy needs a refuel”.

 

You just giggled and said, “I’m hungry too, let’s eat Oppa”

 

***

 

It was noon already. You both laid down on the ground, feeling full. It was silence, but it wasn’t awkward. But then, a familiar sound calling your name heard. You got up and looked around to find the one calling you. Your gaze flew to this man, holding a bouquet, going closer to you both.

 

“Woohyun Oppa! Why are you here?”, you asked as you welcomed him and gave him a bear hug. Hoya then followed you from behind and greeted his hyung.

 

“I’m looking for you. Seems you are too busy to not replying my message”, he said as he let go of your hug and ruffled your hair. You then slowly took your phone from your pocket and noticed there were 5 texts coming from Woohyun.

 

“Sorry Oppa, I got my phone in silent mode”, you said with apologetic tone. “Why are you looking for me? And how did you know we are here?”

 

Woohyun then handed the bouquet to you. “To deliver this. I went to your house as I knew you would take a day off today, but no one’s home. So I just went here and voila, you are here”, he said. You took the bouquet happily and thanked him. Hoya’s expression changed as he saw you happily accepted the flower. He didn’t like it to know that this stranger still sending flower to his girl.

‘This stranger should stop sending ___-ah flowers if he still wants to see sunlight’

 

***

 

You were playing with this random kid you met. You left Hoya with Woohyun watching you played with this kid. You were playing ball with one kid and then more kids gather around you. You got happier as you really liked playing with kids. You beamed in pure happiness as you laughed loudly together with the kids.

 

“___-ah sure is cute isn’t she?”, Woohyun started the conversation, being amazed with you playing with kids. Just like you, he liked talking, In fact, he talked a lot more than you.

 

“Yeah, she is. Great things she is my girlfriend now”, Hoya said. “Uhm wait, why did you randomly praise her? You’re not after her right?”, he asked to Woohyun suspiciously.

 

Woohyun directly turned his head towards his friend and said, “Of course not! Why would I?”

 

“Well, maybe you just realized how beautiful ___-ah is and now you are trying to get her from me. If you are intended to, you better give up Hyung”, Hoya said jokingly, but half of it was serious. He wouldn’t let anyone take you from him. Anyone include his bestfriends.

 

“I already had a long time ago”, Woohyun murmured under his breath. Hoya couldn’t hear it clearly so he asked, “What did you say Hyung?”

 

Woohyun cleared his throat and said, “I said I’m not after her, she’s yours already. Not interested to mess someone’s relationship”.

 

Hoya just nodded and turned his head to your direction. You were running around to chase the kid. Hoya smiled as he saw you smiling happily. His eyes then flew to the bouquet you received today. He then said, “Hyung, do you happen to know who the sender is?”

 

Woohyun chuckled and said, “If I knew, I would have told him not to send the flowers anymore. I don’t like the fact he is after your girl either”. He turned away from Hoya and said, “And if it’s not because he is my customer, I won’t spend my energy just to help him delivering the flower”

 

Hoya then just nodded again. “Tell me if you have known who he is. I’m counting on you”, he said as he patted Woohyun’s shoulder. Woohyun just put an ‘ok’ sign. Their gazes went to you again as you went closer to the boys and laid down next to them.

 

“I’m tired!”, you said as you put your body on the ground. Hoya ruffled your hair while Woohyun just smiled to see you.

 

‘As I knew who the sender is, I’ll make sure he will regret trying to hit on you’, both of him thought.