Chapter 32 - Florist's True Feelings

The In Between

Woohyun was in deep thoughts. Lately, your texts were no longer about how sad you were for being left by Hoya due to his works. Most of them now were about how happy you were after you took Sungyeol’s offer to be his make-up coordinator. You told him funny jokes you got from Sungyeol, and you also told him that you were no longer angry towards Hoya. You told him you had already accepted the fact that Hoya was busy, and you tried to not be bothered about it.

 

Woohyun felt relieved to see you were no longer being sad or mad to Hoya. Although he felt relieve, somehow he felt uneasy to see you got closer to Sungyeol by each day. He was jealous, of course, and he admitted it. But it wasn’t the main reason of him being uneasy. He just got the feeling something bad would happen if Sungyeol were always around you. Something bad, that maybe affected him, or maybe the worst, affected you.

 

‘My head turns everytime I think of ___-ah being with Sungyeol’, he thought as he messed his own hair. The frontdoor’s bell suddenly rang. As soon as he looked up to see who it was, his expression got stiffened. ‘What is this guy doing here?’

 

His stare was intense. If he could, he had been shooting daggers towards this guy. ”What are you doing here?”, he said, coldly. Sungyeol was taken aback for awhile, before finally he took a deep breath.

 

“I want to buy flowers. For ___”

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened at the sentence. He then scoffed at Sungyeol, rolling his eyes in annoyance, before finally turned his stare back into the tall guy in front of him.

 

“Did I mishear something?”, Woohyun asked sarcastically. He actually heard it clearly, it even echoed in his ears.

 

Sungyeol took another deep breath, and retold what he had said before.

 

“I want to buy flowers, like usual. For ___”, he said, emphasizing the word ‘usual’. This just made Woohyun scoffed him even more.  He leaned closer to Sungyeol, in dangerous way, and stopped right in front of Sungyeol’s nose.

 

“You’re the sender? Don’t kid me”, he said, in a low tone, still trying to suppress his anger.

 

“Yes, I’m the one who has been sending ___ flowers”. As soon as Sungyeol finished his sentence, Woohyun’s fist perfectly landed on his cheeks, making him stumbled down and fell on the floor. Blood dripping from the corner of his lips, as Woohyun walked closer to him. Woohyun grabbed his collar and brought him up.

 

“Who do you think you are to send her flowers? HUH?!”, Woohyun yelled on his face. He couldn’t contain his anger anymore. Sungyeol just stared back at him. He actually wanted to punch Woohyun’s back, but he knew, once he did it, the problem would just get worse.

 

“You think you can court her? Can’t you get another girl to play with? ANSWER ME!”, Woohyun yelled again. Sungyeol just slapped Woohyun’s hand, and got himself out from Woohyun’s grip.

 

“I’m not playing with her. I’m serious”, Sungyeol said, as he fixed his clothes and wiped the blood on his lips.

 

“Don’t you know she’s taken already? You know it, don’t you?!”, Woohyun said again. Cold daggers were still being shot from his eyes.

 

“I know. I’ve met him”, Sungyeol said shortly. He stared back at Woohyun, as dangerous as Woohyun did. He got offended when Woohyun said he was playing with you. The fact was, he felt his world now was completely in your hand. If you wanted, you could play it as much as you liked.

 

“So why the hell are you-“

 

“I love her”, Sungyeol stated. It was the first time he bluntly said this. He didn’t even know why he said this to Woohyun. He just felt the urge to say this directly, being cleared to what he had felt lately.

 

Woohyun put a mocking face. “And you think you’re the only one who loved her? Huh?!”. He furiously went to Sungyeol and grabbed him in the collar once again. “You’re not the only one who loves her. Take a note of that”, he said. With that, he let go of his grip, and left Sungyeol stood by his own feet.

 

“Lay a finger on her, you’re dead”, he turned his back on Sungyeol, then he walked away from him.

 

Woohyun just felt his heart burnt into ashes. He couldn’t control his mind now. He didn’t like the fact that someone, who was after you, was someone you were always with lately. He didn’t like the idea of someone courting you. It wasn’t that he liked the fact that Hoya was your boyfriend either. His ego just told him to get rid anyone trying to hit on you, but his love to you just held the urge to do it.

 

He knew more than anything about you. Being a childhood friend, he was always right beside you to protect you. He would do anything to protect you, even if it means that he needed to fight with his own bestfriend. And he still got his habit until now.

 

He remembered how he did the same thing, he just did to Sungyeol, to Hoya, when he told him that he loved you. Hoya even got himself beaten up by Woohyun, and absent from school for several days.

 

Woohyun did all this thing, because his pure feeling for you. His love for you. He didn’t want you to be sad, that’s why he was really angry when he knew Hoya kept leaving you for his work. He always tried to make you happy. But he was afraid if he confessed to you, both of you would end up being awkward to each other, and he didn’t want that happen.

 

‘I was, am, always there for you. Sometimes I just curse myself for not having you. Why can’t it be me? Why can’t you be happy with just me? It hurts ___-ah’

 

“You love her, don’t you?”, Sungyeol asked to Woohyun, who was backfacing him. Woohyun turned around and stared at him in anger.

 

“I can tell it from your eyes. It’s the same eyes I got everytime I look at ___”, Sungyeol said again.

 

“What is actually your problem? Just get lost and don’t lay a finger on her”, Woohyun snapped.

 

“I should be the one who asked. What’s your problem? If you can’t tell her that you love her, don’t blame it on somebody else”, Sungyeol said, making Woohyun startled. Woohyun started to reflect on himself. What Sungyeol said was partly right. He didn’t have the faith to tell you that he loved you, from his deepest heart.

 

It hurt him to know he couldn’t ever confess to you.

 

It hurt him to know your love wasn’t for him.

 

It hurt him even more to always see you belonged to somebody else, when he was always there by your side, to protect you.

 

He clutched his chest hard. He felt his heart broken into pieces.

 

Sungyeol cleared his throat. “I don’t care what you’re going to do. I love her, and I’m going to fight for it”, he said, making Woohyun burnt in his own anger.

 

“SHE’S TAKEN FOR GODDAMN SAKE! CAN’T YOU JUST GET THAT FACT?!”, Woohyun yelled from the top of his lung. His breath ragged.

 

He didn’t say it to Sungyeol though, he actually said that to himself. It had been years, and he still got his hope for you to go back to him, being his lost pieces he was searching for, and completing the puzzle of his heart. ‘That’s right Woohyun, she’s taken, and you have no chance to get her back’

 

Sungyeol stared deeply into Woohyun’s eyes, and he stared back. Both of them radiated sadness from their eyes. The fact that you were taken had already made these two guys fell deeply into the valley of the darkness of their own hearts. Yet you didn’t know anything about this. Each of them acknowledged each other’s feeling towards you. Yet they got their own way to carry their feelings out.

 

Sungyeol walked closer to Woohyun, and deeply stared at his eyes. “I’m not the same like you. I’m not going to be a coward one, who just keep his feeling, and end up being damned in despair”.

 

With that, Sungyeol went to cashier and took out a card he had prepared before. ‘This is going to be the last flower I send to you’, he thought.


Woohyun :(

So yeah, it's updated haha. Sungyeol didn't punch Woohyun back :D

Comments and subscribes are still loved :D