Chapter 52 - Her Disappointment, Start of Everything

The In Between

"You can go home now"

The officer motioned you as he patted your shoulder, trying to tell everything would be okay. You just smiled weakly, as your hand trailed on your face. Bandages were everywhere, covering your bruises and cuts. You stood up and bowed to him, before turning around your heels, to find a talk figure was walking into the room, bringing two cups of warm beverages. 

He went closer to you, and stopped right in front of you. 

You eyed him on his face, and so did he. He examined your full of bruises face, then down to your body, wearing his jacket since your dress was wrecked. Worry and guilt could be seen in his eyes. He then blinked once, chuckled before passing one of the cups to you. 

"Since you love dairy products more than coffee, I bought you hot chocolate", he said. Your gaze fell on the cup, staring at it for a while before reaching out to grab it. You brought it closer to you, as you eyed him with grateful yet weak look. 

"Thanks", she muttered. A delicious scent of chocolate hit your nose, tingled it as you felt weak, tired, and weary. He just smiled--Sungyeol just smiled. He took a sip on his coffee as he stood firmly right on your side. 

He glanced at the clock hanging in the police office. It was already an hour past the midnight. He sighed, as he glanced on you, who were sipping your hot chocolate slowly. His mind went to the moment when he got your phone call. 

-Flashback-

Sungyeol was slowly walked towards the salon, humming random songs as he rubbed his body to keep himself warm. He looked at his watch, to find it was already midnight. He blew heavily and created smoke to the air. 

'She's probably still waiting for Hoya, maybe I should just walk slowly', he thought. 

But then there was this uneasy feeling he got, like something would be happened in the next second he took a step. So he stopped, abruptly. He blinked once, and the uneasy feeling got stronger. He was frozen, thinking of what feeling he got. 

'What is this? Why am I feeling nervous now?', he thought confusedly. He looked around to find no one was around him, suspecting some burglars around him, but no. He furrowed his eyebrows on confusion.  'What is happening? Is it... ___-ah?'

Just like on cue, his phone rang loudly, urging him to pick it up. He reached his pocket and looked to its screen. 

'___-ah?', he thought. He got a bad feeling of this, so he quickly picked it up. 

"___-ah?", he said as soon as he picked it up. 

"Hi babe, having fun playing hide n seek with me?". A raspy voice was heard from the other line. Sungyeol's eyes widened in shock as he felt his whole body paralyzed. 

"What the- Yah Han ___, who's that?!", I yelled through my phone but only got the sound of something bumping to the floor as an answer. 

'___-ah is in danger', he thought panicly as he started to run, going to the salon as fast as he could. He kept sticking the phone to his ear, trying to keep track on what happened. 

"Such a nice body"

"Let me go!"

Several slappings and groanings were heard from the other line. He even heard a sound of something being banged to the wall, followed by another groans. 

"HELP!!!!"

"Stop making a fuss!"

"Help...."

Sungyeol couldn't take it anymore and hung up the call. He quickly punched the emergency number and called the police. 

He explained he address as he ran towards the salon. His long legs did give advantage to him, bringing him faster to the destination he went.

When he got there, the police hadn't arrived yet, so he decided to search for you by himself. He looked through the window and found one man went through he front desk with a big bag on his side, rummaging through the cashier as he put he money inside the bag. He also took several expensive beauty products and put them on the bag too. 

'I have to find ___-ah'

He then went along the glass window and found two figures inside. A girl, and a man pressing his body onto hers. The girl had bruises all over her face, clothes wrecked and her upper part exposed, no fabrics. The man started to undone his clothes. 

Seeing this, Sungyeol ran to the front door and banged it. But hell, it was locked. He ran along the window, to see the man tried to make further moves. Sungyeol lost his logical side and just banged the window with his body, breaking it into pieces as he barged in. 

He ran to you, who had your eyes closed and noticed several bruises were seen. He grew angry, and harshly pushed the aside and pinned him down to the floor, before punching him mercilessly. 

"How. Dare. You. Hurt. ___-ah", he growled lowly for each punch landed on the . His knuckles were swollen, but still he hit the and stopped until one of the officer stood up to grab his wrist, restraining him for going any further. 

The police took the to join his company, leaving Sungyeol stood there with his swollen knuckles. He then turned around to look at you, who started to cry helplessly while wiping your body continuously. 

He walked up to you and took off his jacket, before wrapping it to your exposed body. He hugged you tight, not wanting to see you being helpless. You just cried on his chest, while him patting your head. 

'I'm sorry for being not in time ___-ah'

-End of Flashback-

He looked at you in guilt, especially everytime his gaze fell on one of those bandages. He gulped hard, not able to imagine those wounds behind them. He reached out his hand to caress your cheek, when suddenly you jerked up in fear and took steps away from him. 

He stated at you worriedly. 'What happened?'

You looked away for awhile, breathing heavily. As soon as you felt his hand touched your cheeks, you suddenly reminded of how the touched you, and you felt disgusting all over sudden. You eyed Sungyeol in guilt. It was an instant reaction. 

"I-I'm sorry, I just... Just...", you stuttered on your words. Sungyeol somehow got what you meant. 

"I see. Traumatized?"

You just nodded weakly. You felt really guilty when you caught the disappointment in his eyes. But it wasn't like you wanted to do that either. 

"I'm sorry...", you said, lowering your gaze and looked down to your feet. Sungyeol just chuckled, and was about to pat your head but then pulled his hand back to his pocket. 'She might be afraid'

"It's okay. By the way, if you felt uneasy for being walked home by me, you can ask someone to pick you up", he said, changing the subject. 

"What do you mean? I'm fine being walked home by you", you asked him quizzically. 

"Nah. I don't think I'm that close to you that you can trust me fully to not hurt you", he said, smiling bitterly. You bit your lips in guilt. 

"I-it's okay, seriously just walk me home Sungyeol. I promised you to walk home with you if it's already past midnight. It is, now. Let's go home", you said as you grabbed his hand, but he resisted. 

"Give me Hoya's number. I'll call him to pick you up here"

"NO!", you snapped, a little bit loud that Sungyeol's eyes grew large in shock. You blushed as you looked down to your feet again. 

"I-I mean, Hoya is probably busy. I don't want to burden him", you whispered softly. 

"But ___-ah, he's your boyfriend l, he has the right to know. No, he must know, he must know that his girlfriend is in this kind of state. I mean... What kind of boyf-", his sentence was cut as you covered his mouth with your hand. 

You felt it wasn't right to let Hoya knew. Or more like, you were disappointed in him that you didn't want to let him knew. You just didn't know why, you wanted Hoya to find out about this by himself, not you or your friend telling him. You were clearly disappointed. Especially that he didn't even call you to ask where you were. 

'I wonder why he didn't call. Isn't he in his way to pick me up? Or he isn't?'

"Where's your phone? I'll call Hoya"

"What? No! Why would you? I'm fine walking with you"

"I don't want your neighbor thought me being the third person in your relationship, coming into your house with just two of us. Don't you think people will think negatively towards us? Especially those paparazzi", he explained. 

"But-"

"Whatever you said, I'll call Hoya. Give me his number", Sungyeol said. His heart was actually against what he did now. He wanted to be the one and only person you felt grateful for saving you. He felt he was a lot better than Hoya, your own boyfriend. But then, he couldn't say this out loud. And he needed to show that he wasn't against your relationship with Hoya, or else you would be really angry. 

You just eyed him, before rummaging through your pocket. He eyed you back, biting back the annoyed feeling he had towards Hoya. 

'He really needs to take care of his girl properly. Aish, his girl almost got yet I didn't see him trying to contact her'

You finally took your phone out an went through your phone book. Sungyeol took his phone out, waiting for you to tell the number. You then told him several series of number with blank expression on your face. Your phone was broken, not able to make a phone call yet still managed to receive. Sungyeol then quickly punched the dial button and wait for the other line to answer. 

"Will Hoya pick it up?", Sungyeol asked as he turned to you. 

"It's not Hoya you're calling now", you said shortly. 

"What? Wait, so wh-"

"Woohyun-oppa", you said shortly again.  Sungyeol just stared at you confusedly. His mouth gaped slightly. 

"It's Woohyun-oppa's number. Just call him"




Why is it had to be Woohyun's? And where is Hoya? Gotta update later, kinda busy with my college, sorry. thanks a lot for reading, commenting, and subscribing. 

Goodnight!