Chapter 7 - This Cocky Person

The In Between

“Sungyeol-sshi, are you-“

 

“YAH HYUNG! I KNEW YOU WOULD BE HERE!”, a scream echoed. All of the people in the salon turned their head to the voice’s owner, including you. As your sentence cut off, you found Myungsoo already on the front door, acting all cocky.

 

‘Thanks for being in time’, both you and Sungyeol thought. Of course, in a different way.

 

Myungsoo walked towards both of you as he kept talking, with loud voice. “Who said you can go out without me knowing?! Don’t you know we have interview in less than an hour?! How could you left me and get here just to talk to… her?!”, he said as he pointed at you.

 

You stared at him coldly, and so did he. You practically rolled your eyes and said, “I’m sorry sir, can you lower your volume a bit? Your screaming might make our customers annoyed.”

 

“Do I even care? This is my voice and I have my own right to use it on my own.”, Myungsoo talked back. He stared at you with his icy stare and you stared back.

 

Then, you have this staring competition with Myungsoo. Sungyeol, who couldn’t stand the tension, tried to melt the situation, so he pulled back Myungsoo and said, “What are you doing? You’re dragging the attention. Gosh you’re so noisy”

 

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes again and said, “She’s the one who-“

 

“Alright then, seems like I should be going now ___-sshi, we are late for our interview, right Myungsoo? Gotta go now before he ruin this place”, Sungyeol said.

 

“What the- Yah! I’m not-“, Myungsoo tried to talk but got cut off again as Sungyeol pushed him out of the salon.

 

“See you later ___-sshi! It’s nice talking to you”, Sungyeol said as he waved at you.

 

You, who still didn’t understand the situation, bowed at him as he walked out of the salon. He bowed back and waved again, didn’t let his stare out of you. He kept waving until he got in his car. You just giggled, as you watched a bit scene of Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s cat fight.

 

Not long after that, Woohyun came with a bouquet in his hand. He saw Sungyeol waving at you and you just giggling. He went towards you and said, “Who’s that? You’re cheating on Hoya?”

 

You turned your head to him and hit his arm, hard. “Of course not! Why would you say that?”

 

Woohyun rubbed his reddened arm. “Argh, Hoya’s right. You got harsher everyday”

 

You sticked your tongue out. “Only to you, Hoya, and Dongwoo-Oppa”. He pouted and you laughed. “Hey is that for me?”

 

Woohyun nodded and gave it to you. You happily accepted it and deeply smelled the fragrance. You smiled by your own and found yourself too happy over the flower. ‘Who’s the sender? Is he someone I know?’, you thought. You left Woohyun stood there awkwardly, so he cleared his throat to get your attention back.

 

“So, who is it?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“The one waving at you before. Who is it?”, he asked, trying not to be obvious that he really wanted to know.

 

You smiled as you kept looking at the bouquet in your hand. “He’s just another customer Oppa, don’t worry. I’m still with Hoya and I’m not cheating on him”

 

Woohyun seemed not too be satisfied with your answer. After all, he was your bestfriend, your bestest Oppa from the three. He tried to make you told him more.

 

“Really? Seems like that person didn’t think the same way. I can see in his eyes, he looks like he fell for you”, he said.

 

You shrugged your shoulder and said, “Well, who knows? Maybe he does. You know this friend of you is really a beauty one don’t you?”.

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes. You sticked your tounge again. He then said, “Who would fell for this unlike-girl like you? As he knows how harsh are you I’m sure he would regret falling for you”.

 

You were ready to hit him again. “Eish, no hitting”, he said as he dodged from your hit. You put a fake angry face. Woohyun just smiled and ruffled your hair. He, Hoya, and Dongwoo had this habit to ruffle your hair as all of you were bestfriends before.

 

“But you know what? He’s kinda familiar”, he said again.

 

“He’s an idol Oppa, of course he is familiar. You must have seen him on TV”

 

“Uhm, maybe. By the way, how is Hoya?”, he asked.

 

“He’s good. And yeah! We are going to have lunch at Dongwoo-Oppa’s. Wanna come Oppa?”, you beamed with happiness. It had been a long time since you had lunch together with Hoya, and it had been a longer time since you hang out with the three.

 

“You do? Why didn’t you tell me beforehand ___-ah? I really wanna come but… I have some flowers to pick from the garden”, he said, kind of dissappointed.

 

You pinched his arms, causing him smiling in response. “Aww, can’t be helped then. Let’s just go together another time”, you said.

 

“Yeah you’re right. So when are you going? Is Hoya going to pick you up?”

 

“He should be. But he hadn’t replied my text. I wonder where he-“, your sentence got cut off with the vibrate of your phone. You checked your phone to found a text from Hoya.

 

To: ___-ah

___-ah I’m sorry seems like we couldnt go to dongwoo’s today. Mr. Kim suddenly asked me to have lunch with him and you know I couldnt refuse him. Sorry :( lets just go next time. And seems like I would go home late, another pile of work is waiting. Sorrrryyyyyyy

 

Your face turned down in a second. You sighed and replied the text.

 

To: Hoya-Oppa

It’s alright Oppa, I understand. See you at home then. Have a proper lunch, don’t get too tired, I dont wanna you get sick. Love you Oppa :)

 

Woohyun noticed the change of your expression. As you put your phone back, he asked you concerningly, “What happened ___-ah?”

 

You put a fake smile and answered, “Hoya had another appointment, so he cancelled our lunch”. Woohyun put a concern face, asking if you were okay. “I’m okay Oppa, poor Dongwoo for losing his chance to meet his beautiful bestfriend”, you said as you tried to be cheerful as usual.

 

But Woohyun knew you better. He knew you were really disappointed inside so he tried to make you feel better by ruffling your hair and literally ruining your hairstyle.

 

“Don’t be sad ___-ah, let’s just go there together next time. Tell me beforehand, so I could spare a time to have lunch with you both, okay?”. You nodded in response, feeling grateful that Woohyun always there to calm you whenever you felt sad.

 

“I’ll be going then, I’m a busy florist”, Woohyun said jokingly. You waved at him and he left to his florist.

 

On the way to his florist, Woohyun kept thinking about you and Hoya. He couldn’t stand to see you struggling not to be sad or lonely although actually you were.

‘That Hoya. I’m gonna hit him in the face if he keep making ___-ah sad’, Woohyun thought.

 

As he reached his florist, he noticed a familiar car stopped across the street. Then two handsome men went out of it. They were laughing and hitting, like brothers. Woohyun just walked past of it as he realized something. He turned around and looked at the men again

 

‘Isn’t that the one who waved at ___-ah?’

 

Woohyun squinted his eyes to get a better look of the men.

 

I’m sure I’ve met him somewhere. But… where?’


Seems like it would end up to be a long fanfic, i actually wanna write a short one -_-

Hahaha btw managed to update although I have exams tomorrow. Wish me luck! And still, comments and subscribes are loved :)