Chapter 6 - A Boring Day

The In Between

Next day, you went to your workplace happily. It was rare to have lunch together with Hoya due to his busy works. You were anticipated it and couldn’t stop smiling as you kept being excited by yourself.

 

As you stepped into the salon, the scent of shampoos and other beauty product welcomed you. You met several customers being served and bowed. You skipped to the employees’ locker and put all of your unimportant stuffs there. You fixed your uniform and make up, then you walked out from the locker.

 

The salon was quiet. Not many customers came and most of the employees’ would be at home that day. It was Friday, the day with the least customers came to the salon, which made some employees would take a day off. You actually didn’t have to come either, but since you were the salon representative, at least you had to show up and worked half-day.

 

Well, scratch that, you just had to show up and literally doing nothing that day. None of your regular customers came on Friday, which left you with no work. Usually, you would end up helping the cashier, so you just went to the front desk. You sat there and served as a cashier since the real cashier took a day-off that day.

 

Several hours passed. You were alone at the front desk. It was really quiet in the salon. Chattering was still heard, but not as loud as other day. Since there were only several customers to be served, you just sat there doing nothing. You tried to text Hoya, but being the busy one, there was only 10% chance he would text you back. You really couldn’t stand being alone without anyone to talk, so you ended up daydreaming. ‘There’s no sign of Woohyun today. Don’t I get flowers today? Uhm, wait. Why do I wait for the flowers? Well at least if Woohyun come I will have someone to talk to. Argh why is the time passed slowly, I’m hungry already’

 

You kept thinking random things, hoping the time would pass faster if you do that. You were busy with your own world, when you realized a hand waving right in front of your face and a person saying, “Hey, are you there?”

 

You quickly stood up, bowed several times, and panickly said, “I’m sorry sir, I was just-“. A laugh cut your sentence off. You stopped bowing and found a familiar man standing there, holding his tummy while laughing hard. “Your panic face is the best!”, he said between his laughter.

 

“Oh, Sungyeol-sshi, it’s you. What are you doing here?”, you said, annoyed that the fact he was laughing really hard at you. He stopped laughing and put a failed serious face. “Why? Can’t I be here?”, he said as he wiggling his eyebrows.

 

You found it funny and giggled. “It’s not like that Sungyeol-sshi. I mean, don’t you have schedule somewhere? You are an idol aren’t you?”

 

Sungyeol smiled and said, “I do have one. But I remember I have some business to do here”

 

You tilted your head in confusion. “Business? What kind?”

 

“To have a longer chat with you”, he said then he chuckled on his own sentence. He found himself genius as he said that. You slightly blushed. You didn’t even remember his promise to have a longer chat with you, it was last week and you thought he was just being polite when he said that. “And I found you were at the front desk, daydreaming. So I guess you’re not that bust to talk to me right?”

 

You smiled, feeling happy that finally there’s someone to talk to. “Well you guessed right Sungyeol-sshi. But I’m sorry, you’re blocking the way. There’s someone wants to pay”, you said as you pointed to someone behind him. Sungyeol turned around to see a lady holding a purse, ready to pay. She looked a little bit annoyed but at the same time amazed to see an idol in front of her. Sungyeol awkwardly said sorry, bowed several times, and moved from her way.

 

‘He’s really polite for an idol. Other idols may act cockily and half-heartedly say sorry. He sure is different’, you thought and unconsciously smiled. After the lady finished with the paying, you both continued your conversation.

 

“You’re really polite for an idol Sungyeol-sshi”, you said, practically praising him.

 

“Am I? Seems like you always meet the annoying one don’t you? There’s a lot other idols more polite than me you know. You just haven’t met them”, he said as he smiled. He scratched his head nervously. “Uhm, don’t you have any customer today ___-sshi? You seem not as busy as you were on other days”

 

“Well, it’s Friday. I kinda don’t have any customer coming for me today”, you said right away. “Wait, how do you know I’m busy on other days? Are you stalking me?”, you asked teasingly.

 

To your surprise, Sungyeol got awkward even more. Like he was hiding something from you. He kept scratching his head as he tried to find a right answer. “Well… aren’t best hairdressers always busy?”, he said at last, still awkward. You giggled at his awkwardness and tried to change the subject.

 

“What schedule do you have today Sungyeol-sshi?”

 

“An interview. It will be an hour actually. I should have been on the way there with Myungsoo, but managed to sneak here without him realized”, he said proudly.

 

“Hahaha seems like you use so much effort just to talk to me, really appreciate it”, you said. You smiled sweetly to him, feeling really happy to know someone you rarely knew had tried hard just to meet you. He smiled back, shyly.

 

“So, Myungsoo must have made his way here to find you Sungyeol-sshi”, you said again.

 

“Yeah you can say that. He will come here in no time I think. Don’t be surprise if you hear a weird man yelling my name with his annoying voice”, he said as he rolled his eyes.

 

“I personally think he is kinda… rude. You know when the first time we met, he talked rudely to one of my friends. I think I would pull his hair if I were my friend”, you said.

 

“He’s not rude!”, he exclaimed, making you a little bit shocked. “Uhm, sorry, I mean. He’s not that rude actually. He just acts cold towards people he doesn’t know. He also acted like that towards me at the first time. But he actually nice and caring”, he said carefully.

 

You stared at him, amazed. ‘Such a good friend.’ “You must be really close with him”, you said.

 

“Yeah you can say that”, he said as he smiled once again. “By the way, what were you thinking before? Seems like you were out of this world and had already gone to other dimension”

 

“What I was thinking? Uhm…. things?”, you said, not sure. “Actually, I was bored to death as I waited for my boyfriend to pick me up. So I end up thinking random things”

 

‘What the… she has boyfriend?’

 

“Is that mean you don’t want me to be here? Okay I’ll just go”, he said, as he stood up from his seat, acting all hurt and sad.

 

“Your acting is weird Sungyeol-sshi. No don’t go, I never said I don’t want you to be here. In fact, I was kinda grateful to have you talk with me”, you said sweetly.

 

Sungyeol had his cheek a little bit red and said, “Okay, I’ll just go when Myungsoo come here to pick me. Don’t worry”. He wiggled his eyebrows again, making you giggled.

 

Sungyeol then looked around the salon, like he was looking for something. You noticed him doing it but ignored it as you thought he did it to see if Myungsoo was around. But then he mumbled something under his breath, but you could still hear it.

 

“Where are the flowers today? Hasn’t it come yet?”

 

Your eyes widened. ‘Flowers?’

“Sungyeol-sshi? What are you saying? Flowers?”, you asked, with investigating voice.

 

Sungyeol seems to be surprised by his own. ‘Stupid! Why did I say that’? “You must be misheard ___-sshi”, he said nervously.

 

“No, I clearly heard it. Flowers? Are you-“

 


Another chapter! Did double updates :) Trying to be cliffhanger but seems like it's failed haha. Comments and subscribes! :D