Chapter 35 - The Last Card

The In Between

You excitedly set the table for tonight’s dinner. Hoya would be home in several minutes, which made you hurried yourself to finish the cooking and set the table. Lately, Hoya finished his work early, making he went home earlier than before. You took this chance to have a proper dinner, together with him.

 

As soon as you finished with the setting, you heard Hoya’s car’s sound from the garage. ‘He’s here! Finally, proper dinner, here I come!’, you thought. You happily walked towards the front door. Hoya was just walked out from the car, with the key jiggling in his finger. He turned his head to you, who were already at the door, waiting for him to come home.

 

“Hi babe”, he said teasingly, earning a fake vomit from you. It was rare for you to hear him greeting you with ‘babe’, ‘love’, and other things like that.  He only did that when he joked around.

 

“Sounds so player”, you teased back.

 

“Ouch, that hurts”, he said, fakingly put a pained expression. You laughed at his failed attempt. You then grabbed his wrist and dragged him into the house.

 

“Let’s eat!”, you said.

 

***

You were now sitting face to face with Hoya. In front of you, there were many kinds of food ready to eat. Hoya just smiled to see this. It had been a long time since he last saw this many food at the table. Usually, he would only find a plate of food on the table everytime he got home late.

 

“You cooked this?”

 

“Yup! Let’s eat now Oppa, I’m hungreeey”, you said as you started to grab some food. Hoya followed too. Then, both of you started to eat the foods.

 

“So, how was your work?”, he asked.

 

“Normal I think. How about you Oppa? You got home earlier lately. You didn’t get fired, did you?”, you joked, earning a chuckle from Hoya.

 

“Of course not, actually I got promoted haha”, he said.

 

“Really? Why didn’t you tell me earlier? So mean~”

 

“It will be next week, I wanted it to be a surprise, but yeah, you ruin the plan”

 

“Sorry then”, you said as you stuck out your tongue. You were about to say something again, when your phone buzzed next to your plate. You took it, and there was a message from Sungyeol.

 

From : Sungyeol

Yo, how are you? Haha don’t forget tomorrow is Wednesday, means you’re going to be my make-up coordi. Leave your boyfriend and come to me~ HAHA Kidding :p Btw, have a nice dinner with your boyfriend. :)

 

You just smiled to read the message. ‘Haha he’s cute. I like him. Eish what am I thinking’

 

Hoya seems to notice the smile you had on your smile. He stood up and bent over, to see what you read. Since you didn’t move a little bit, a playful plan suddenly played on his mind. With one swift movement, he took your phone from your grip, and brought it closer to him to read.

 

You, on the other hand, panicked when you felt your phone flying by itself. You looked up, to see Hoya now was reading the message you read, and possibly would open the other messages and your call history. Suddenly, you felt nervous from head to toe. The messages and the calls were mostly from Sungyeol, and somehow, you didn’t feel it was a right decision to let Hoya read them. But on the other hand, you were curious about how Hoya’s reaction would be. ‘Will he feel jealous? Of course, he is my boyfriend after all’

 

Hoya’s POV

As soon as I took her phone, a message was seen on the screen. It was from Sungyeol. Wait, he was ___-ah boss right? What did he say that make ___-ah smiling like before? I quickly read it in curiosity.

 

From : Sungyeol

Yo, how are you? Haha don’t forget tomorrow is Wednesday, means you’re going to be my make-up coordi. Leave your boyfriend and come to me~ HAHA Kidding :p Btw, have a nice dinner with your boyfriend. :)

 

Okay, something wasn’t right. It didn’t sound like a message from a boss to his staff. More like, a boy to his crush. Don’t tell me he is in love with ___-ah. He knew ___-ah already had me right? Then I looked through the other messages, and, he sounded like a desperate guy trying to get his love. Not to mention that he always put sweet words in his messages. And I found his name on the entire ___-ah’s call history. Did he call ___-ah often? I didn’t know about that. Oh right, I was too busy back then.

 

Maybe he was the reason why ___-ah didn’t feel sad or cry when I kept leaving her for work. I should thank him for keeping her happy though. But I didn’t like the way he talked through messages to her. And I didn’t like how he calls her everynight before she sleeps. Well partly because it was my fault. If I could spare my time to contact her, she wouldn’t have talked to other guy. And that guy wouldn’t tell her sweet words like this.

 

Speaking of sweet words, I didn’t see any new bouquet of flowers home lately.

 

Narrator’s POV

Hoya then passed your phone back to you, not speaking any words. You took your phone and silently stared at him. ‘Why didn’t he give any response? Is he mad?’

 

“Oppa, are you mad?”, you asked.

 

“No! Why would i?”, he said as he smiled. You just pouted. You felt a little bit disappointed towards Hoya’s reaction. You thought he would be at least frowning and saying that he was jealous.

 

“Are you jealous?”, you asked again, trying to confirm how he felt.

 

“Why would I be jealous? I find it normal for you texting your friends”, he stated, still with his attention on his food. You pouted again, clearly disappointed to Hoya’s answer. ‘What if it isn’t a text from a friend?’

 

“By the way, I didn’t see new flowers lately. Is Woohyun’s florist running out of business?”, he asked jokingly, trying to change the subject.

 

You sighed, as Woohyun’s name reached your ear. He never replied your texts and ignored your calls. You didn’t get any way to contact him now. But then you let your thoughts go and put a fake smile on your face. You didn’t want Hoya to worry about you and Woohyun. From all of the three, only you who could approach him easily, and if you had problem with Woohyun, the other two would be surely not a help.

 

“I think it isn’t Oppa. Well, the sender seems finally decided to stop sending me flowers. Maybe he already knows I’m taken”, you said.

 

“Good then! By the way again, these foods are delicious!”, Hoya said again.

 

You weakly smiled at him and said, “Thanks Oppa”

 

***

You closed the door behind you, now you were facing your own bedroom. You sighed, as you felt disappointed to Hoya’s response towards the relation you had with Sungyeol. You didn’t know that Hoya would only respond like that, you expected more. And to add the disappointment, he asked about Woohyun. Now you were clearly in the bad mood.

 

You looked around, and didn’t find anything interesting to get your mood back. ‘Usually, the flowers will help me back into the mood’, you thought. You then walked towards the drawer and opened it, to find so many cards stacked in it. Those were from the stranger, who sent them along with the flowers. You took the one which was sent along the last flower you got.

 

To ; ___-sshi

This would be the last flower I send to you

Not because I have stopped loving you

But more because I need to find a better way to get your heart

The next time you will get the flower from me,

it will be the time when both of us meet each other

I love you

 

You just smiled to read it. It definitely touched the very deep in your heart. At first, you restrained yourself to be happy to read this, considering that you were still Hoya’s girlfriend. But now, you just couldn’t contain the happiness when you re-read it. Deep in your heart, you hoped that the day when you meet this stranger would soon come. But then you stared blankly at the floor, being in deep thought.

 

‘If I happen to meet this stranger, what would I do? Would I fall for him? Or would I hurt him? I just don’t know’

 


Up.da.ted! So yeah, this girl is really not a consistent one haha.

Comments and subscribes are loved :D