Chapter 12 - You and Woohyun pt.2

The In Between

*Flashback*

 

You, Dongwoo, and Hoya were in the café where all of you usually went to afterschool time. You were waiting for Woohyun to come, as he said he had things to do and would come later. All of you had ordered for each other’s food and also for Woohyun.

 

“Whoa this café’s pasta is the best! One day I will run a restaurant that serves better pasta than this!”, Dongwoo said loudly as he did a hwaiting sign, making all of the café’s customers turned their head to Dongwoo’s direction. You just giggled while Hoya face-palmed himself, embarrassed with Dongwoo’s act. Being the oldest one, didn’t mean he was the mature one. In fact, he was the most childish between all of you.

 

“Treat us when you do Hyung”, Hoya said sarcastically.

 

“You’ll see! You’ll be amazed with my future restaurant and definitely be its regular customer”, Dongwoo said. “By the way, where is Woohyun?”

 

“Don’t know”, you and Hoya said in unison.

 

You took a glance on Hoya and turned away when your eyes met his. Your cheeks were slightly red and so were his. You and Hoya hadn’t going out at that time for some reasons, but both of you had realized your own feelings towards each other. Hoya looked down to his feet, hiding his blushing cheeks from you.

 

“Eish, if you wanna see ___-ah’s face just put your chin up and look her in the eyes. No need to be shy like that”, Dongwoo said, teasing his suddenly-shy-dongsaeng.

 

You blushed even more and so did Hoya. Dongwoo kept teasing you both when finally, Hoya took Dongwoo’s spoon and stuffed foods into Dongwoo’s mouth, in order to make him stop talking and just finish his eating. “Dongwoo-baby, you must be hungry. Eat a lot babe”, Hoya said as he kept putting foods in Dongwoo’s mouth. You laughed at Hoya’s act and Dongwoo’s being choked by food. You stopped laughing when suddenly you noticed Woohyun was outside the café,  talking with a crying girl which you knew, was his girlfriend, Soojin.

 

“Hey, is that Woohyun Oppa?”, you said, making the other two stopped their ridiculous act and looked outside. As they turned their head to Woohyun’s direction, all of you then witnessed the scene of Woohyun got slapped hard and left by the girl. All of you were shocked, but managed to look normal when Woohyun went to your table. The situation got awkward as Woohyun silently sat on the vacant seat and started to eat his food, ordered by all of you.

 

“Uhm, Oppa. Sorry to say this, but we saw you got-“

 

“Slapped?”, Woohyun cut your sentence as he turned his head to you. You noticed his left cheek got a little bit swollen and the tip of his lips scratched. You took several cube of ice from your drink, put them on the napkin, wrapped it, and brought it to Woohyun’s swollen cheek. He winced in pain as you did that, but let you do that as it reduced the pain he felt.

 

“She must have slapped really hard. Look it’s swollen”, Dongwoo said in concern.

 

“What did you say this time?”, Hoya asked.

 

Woohyun just shrugged his shoulder and said, “I just told her I don’t like clingy girl and asked for break-up”

 

“No wonder you got slapped”, Dongwoo responded, earning a glare from Woohyun.

 

“Dongwoo Oppa is right. I would do the same if I were Soojin”, you said as you kept treating Woohyun’s swollen cheek. Woohyun then took your hand, stopping you from treating him, without even looking at you.

 

“I don’t care what you would do if you were her. It’s not that you are going to be my girlfriend or any of us’ girlfriend”, he said coldly.

 

Hoya froze for a while as Woohyun said that. The situation got more awkward than before. All of you stayed in silence as Woohyun groggily murmured under his breath.

 

“Aww, too bad, I think I’ve grown a crush on ___-ah. Can’t she be my girlfriend?”, Dongwoo said jokingly, you playfully hit his arm and giggled. Both you and Hoya knew Dongwoo was just kidding, but somehow, Woohyun was not in the mood to hear his joke.

 

Woohyun then stood up from his seat and coldly said to Dongwoo, “If you dared to hit on ___-ah, I wouldn’t consider you as my hyung and gladly punch you on the face”. He then left.

 

You took this as a signal to follow him. “Treats on Dongwoo Oppa”, you said cheerfully as you took your stuffs and hurriedly ran out of the café, following Woohyun. Hoya then also ran out from the café, leaving Dongwoo dumbfounded with all of the unpaid food in front of him.

 

*Present*

 

Woohyun’s thought got interrupted as he heard a heavy sigh next to him. He turned his head to found you frowning at your phone, which he found cute.

 

“What happened ___-ah?”, he asked as he approached you to take a look at your phone.

 

“Hoya extends his trip for another week. Huh, just keep leaving me alone here Hoya”, you said, complaining to Woohyun as if he were Hoya.

 

Woohyun smiled at your childish act and ruffled your hair again. “I’ll be coming here everyday to accompany you. Don’t worry you won’t be alone”

 

You smiled to your favorite Oppa as you put your head on his shoulder. “Thank you for being beside me all the time”

 

Woohyun wrapped his arm around you as he ruffled your hair again. He then went back to his thought as you comfortably laid on his shoulder.