Chapter 27 - At His Office

The In Between

With Hoya’s permission, you were officially Sungyeol’s make-up coordinator now, although you were not the only one. You and the other make-up coordinator had shift, so when you had to be at the salon, the other make-up coordinator would replace you. Everything went normal again. Hoya was still busy, but you didn’t feel lonely since you had so many people around you after being Sungyeol’s make-up coordinator. Everyone praised your excellent work, well, except Myungsoo. He was still indifferent to you.

 

About the flowers, they still kept coming to you, enlightening the gloomy days when Hoya couldn’t spend his time for you, which means, everyday.

***

You were in front of Sungyeol’s apartment. You got text from him earlier, asking for you to come to his apartment. He gave you the security code and told you to just come in as soon as you reached it. You punched down the code and let yourself in.

 

It wasn’t a luxurious apartment, but still gave a classy atmosphere. Everything was simple. You looked around to find where the owner was, when suddenly a tall figure walked out from the bathroom, only with towel covering his lower part. You quickly covered your eyes and turned away.

 

“Yah Sungyeol! Wear your clothes!”, you said, backfacing him. Sungyeol just chuckled.

 

“Haha why? Isn’t my body good enough to see ___-ah?”, he said teasingly as he made his way to his room to get some clothes. Since he finally got you as his make-up coordinator, you and he got closer to each other that both of you now no longer addressed each other with –sshi.

 

He finally got a t-shirt and jeans to wear, then he walked out again to greet you properly. He approached you who were already sitting on his comfortable couch, curiously looking around. He chuckled to see the innocent expression on your face.

 

“You should have told me you were already here. If you had, I wouldn’t have walked out from the bathroom with only towel covering my body. I’m shy you know”, he said, putting an act as he covered his body with hands.

 

You stopped looking around and faced him, pouting. “You’re the one who told me to just come in as soon as I reach here”. Your pouting face made him chuckled once again as he put his index finger on your right cheek. New habit.

 

“Sorry theen”, he cooed as he pinched you in the cheeks. Your cheeks reddened in contact, making you jerked away from him, trying to hide your red cheeks. ‘Why am I blushing?’

 

Sungyeol seems to notice your red cheeks. ‘She’s really cute’. “By the way, don’t you wanna know why I called you here?”

 

You turned your face to him. “I had asked you before but you said you’d told me as soon as I reached here”, you said. You actually had thought about it earlier. It wasn’t usual to have him called you to come to his apartment. Usually both of you would meet at the company.

 

“Haha did I? Well, I just wanna say that you have day off today. Both Myungsoo and I don’t have any schedule today, so you can have a rest at home”, he said. Your jaw dropped opened in shock.

 

“Yah! Why didn’t you just tell me on the phone?! You make me literally running here you know!”, you exclaimed as you pouted. You had your hand crossed in front of your chest.

 

“Haha is that how you act to your boss? I’m your boss, girl”, he said teasingly and pinched your cheek again, this time harder, making you winced in pain.

 

“IT HURTSSS”, you said, earning a laughter from him.

 

“If I didn’t call you here, I wouldn’t have a chance to meet you today you know”, he said lovingly. You blushed once again. ‘Why is he like that? He knew I have boyfriend right?’

 

“Hey, use this chance to have a quality time with your boyfriend. You hadn’t had one for a long time right?”, he said, after clearing his throat. He knew what he had just said made everything awkward, but that was the real reason. If he hadn’t called you, he would lose a chance to meet you today, and he didn’t want it to happen.

 

You beamed in happiness as soon as you heard his idea. “You’re right! Haha never thought you’re a genius one. Thanks Sungyeol! I really appreciate this day off”, you said as your body unexpectedly moved by itself, hugging him tight. Sungyeol’s eyes widened in contact. You quickly pulled yourself and fixed your clothes.

 

“Um, sorry. Too excited”, you said as you played with your hand. Sungyeol just smiled at you, although he was a little bit disappointed that the hug was for only a short time. He stared closely at your figure who were now staring at the other side of the room. ‘His boyfriend is really lucky to have her. I don’t get any reason for him to make her feel lonely like this’

 

He then reached out his car key and walked towards the front door. You saw him and quickly followed him as you said, “Where are you going?”

 

He turned around to face you, as he flashed a grin. “I’ll take you to his office. Take it as a payback for making you running here in the morning”

 

‘Sounds so lame. I love her but still want to take her to meet her boyfriend. But she seems happy about it. Well a little bit sacrifice won’t hurt right? She hugged me and I’m happy because of that. I should make her happy too then’

 

***

You and Sungyeol now arrived at Hoya’s office. The security guard on the lobby opened the car’s door for you as you stepped out from the car. You turned to Sungyeol who was on the driver seat, waving at you.

 

“You’re not coming?”, you asked.

 

“Why would I come with you? It’s your private time with your boyfriend. Go now”, Sungyeol said as he waved his hand, motioning you to leave.

 

You pouted at him, and pulled his waving hand. “C’mon, I want to introduce you to Hoya. I’ve never introduced properly right?”.

 

“What? No! I’ll leave you here. Stop pulling me!”, Sungyeol said with his high-pitched voice and a face, which you just knew after you had become his make-up coordinator. You found his voice just like a dolphin, but with a face of an owl.

 

“C’moooon, leave the car to the valet. Come out now”, you said, with pleading voice, which Sungyeol always failed to resist. Sungyeol sighed as he saw you like this. He turned off the car’s engine, stepped out from the car, and passed the key to the valet. You happily smiled at him and took his hand, walking into the office’s lobby. You went to the receptionist and asked if Hoya was there.

 

“Your boyfriend owns this company? Whoa it’s huge”, Sungyeol said as he looked around the lobby.

 

“No, he only works in here. But who knows maybe someday he will inherit this company”, you said, shrugging your shoulder uninterestedly. Although it was good for Hoya to inherit the company, somehow you didn’t like it since you knew it would keep Hoya even busy more.

 

The lift’s bell then ding, indicating that it was there already. You then saw several men came out from the lift, and found Hoya among them. Your expression brightened as you sweetly called him. “Hoya Oppa!”, you said with a bright smile, making Hoya turned to you and smiled back.

 

“___-ah! What are you doing here?”, he said as he approached you, to find another man stood right next to you nervously. “Who’s this?”

 

You beamed happily and gave Hoya a hug. “Oppa!“. You then remembered about Sungyeol being next to you and quickly pulled back.

 

“Oppa, this is my boss, Sungyeol. You know, the one I work with as a make-up coordinator. Sungyeol, this is Hoya”, you said, introducing both of them to each other. Hoya looked at you with puzzled expression first, but then he understood the situation. He reached out his hand to Sungyeol for a handshake.

 

“I’m Hoya, nice to meet you. Thank you for taking care of ___ all the time she works as your make-up coordinator”, Hoya said politely. In his heart, a flame of jealousy already burnt up his body, but he knew if he showed it, you would be mad. After all, like it or not, Sungyeol had literally accompanied you when he couldn’t. ‘Don’t think that you are special to her. One touch on her and your beautiful face would go to heaven’

 

“I’m Sungyeol. It’s okay, thanks for letting her be my make-up coordinator”, Sungyeol said, as polite as Hoya did, although in his mind, he had already cut Hoya into pieces. ‘So this is the guy who chooses his work over ___-ah. Of course you should thank me for accompanying her when you made her feels lonely like hell’

 

You, who couldn’t read their mind, felt happy to know that Hoya and Sungyeol started off well. You then turned to Hoya as soon as he let go his grip on Sungyeol’s hand. You were about to say something, when suddenly one of the men before called him.

 

“Manager, we’re late”. Your expression fell down as soon as you heard it. ‘He’s going?’

 

“Yes, wait a second”, Hoya replied to them and then turned his attention to you again. “What are you going to say earlier ___-ah?”

 

You bit your bottom lips, and Sungyeol noticed it. ‘She’s going to burst again’. “No-nothing, I just want you to meet Sungyeol. Hehe, well go now Oppa, they’re waiting”, you said, trying to hold back the feeling of disappointed. Hoya, who didn’t notice the change of your expression, just smiled and ruffled your hair. He then bid goodbye, leaving you smiling bitterly as you waved to him, with Sungyeol next to you.

 

Sungyeol turned his head to you, who were about to cry. He awkwardly patted your back, not knowing to do. He actually felt the urge to hug you, but he knew it would be weird to hug you out of the blue.

 

“Haha, sorry you have to see me in this situation”, you said, trying to cover your sadness with the fake happy expression. Sungyeol just smiled, knowing the real feeling of you. He thought hard to find a way to make you happy, or at least not disappointed. One idea popped in his mind. ‘I hope it can work’

 

“Hey, let’s go somewhere”, he said

 


Sorry for not updating yesterday hehe. Hope you like this update. Comments and subscribes <3