Chapter 37 - Days Without Him

The In Between

Days without Hoya just turned you into a frowning doll. Sungyeol noticed this sadness plastered on your face everytime he saw you sighing heavily and staring blankly at your phone. You were now in the studio where the schedule were held. It was break time already, he then approached you, and in a blink of an eye, he was sitting next to you. You turned your head to him, facing the big wide smile you used to see now.

 

“What is it Sungyeol? Need some touch up?”, you asked.

 

“Nope, just notice these sad eyes you have, staring on your phone”, he said, pointing to your tired eyes. You chuckled once. Sungyeol just knew you too well. You even wondered how he managed to do it, considering it was only several months since the first time you both met.

 

“What’s the matter? Is it Hoya again?”, Sungyeol asked in concern. You smiled weakly and nodded. Sungyeol then flew his hand to your back, patting it slowly, trying to comfort you. You smiled to him and mouthed thanks.

 

“What is it this time? Fighting because of the party?”, he asked. You shook your head.

 

“No, we are not fighting at all. It’s just… he went to another week of business trip, like two days ago, yet he didn’t even send any text to me”, you said. Sungyeol just put a concern face, not knowing what to do. Inside his head, he was cursing Hoya for making you sad. ‘Don’t tell me he doesn’t know how sad ___-ah was everytime he left her like this. Damn, don’t you feel grateful to have her Hoya? How can you treat her like this?’

 

“Maybe, he’s busy now”, he said. You playfully rolled your eyes.

 

“OF course, everyone knows that”, you said as you giggled. Sungyeol smiled as soon as he saw you finally smiled. He patted your head lovingly. You smiled in contact. It felt warm to have him pat your head, making all your sadness gone in every pat.

 

“Thanks Sungyeol”, you muttered.

 

“For what?”, he asked.

 

“I don’t know. Just wanna say thanks”, you said again. Sungyeol just smiled and wrapped you on the shoulder, letting his warmth transferred to you. You felt your heartbeat increased, and blood rushes to your cheeks again. It felt a lot warmer now. ‘Why am I feeling like this?’

 

“Yah Sungyeol, she will shrink if you hug her like that”, one of the crews . Sungyeol just grinned.

 

“She’s already this small since I first met her. She won’t get any smaller”, he joked, literally teased you. You hit his arm playfully, just like the way you usually did to Hoya. Sungyeol stuck out his tongue and playfully ruined your hair. You ruined his hair too, so now, you were playing with each other’s hair.

 

Both of you stopped when you noticed a shadow shroud you. You looked up, to find it was Myungsoo and his cold stare.

 

“Can’t you stop acting this way Hyung? It can attract the media”, Myungsoo said coldly..

 

“Well, I don’t care actually”, Sungyeol said with a smile, yet a harsh tone. Myungsoo scoffed at his words.

 

“You don’t care? If the media made an article saying that you were dating with your own stylist, it would ruin our career! Our image! And still you don’t care about this?”, Myungsoo said, lecturing his own hyung. Sungyeol glared at his dongsaeng, before stood up from where he sat and grabbed you wrist.

 

“It’s my life, my feeling, and my own choice. Don’t make yourself difficult by taking care other people’s business”, he said in a low tone, something you had never seen Sungyeol did. He then walked away from Myungsoo, who was clenching his fist tight, and dragged you along with him. You took a last glance on Myungsoo, and you noticed his anger eyes was shooting daggers towards you. You quickly looked down to your feet, as you let Sungyeol dragged you to wherever he went.

 

He then stopped in the hallway, where there was no one in there. You looked at him who was now staring at you deeply.

 

“Don’t mind him. He’s just… weird”, he said.

 

“Seems like he’s mad at me. But he was right, maybe you should watch what you’re doing Sungyeol. People might misunderstood”

 

“I don’t want to hold back in front of my friend. We’re friends right? Then I don’t have to watch what I am doing”, he said. You were startled at the word ‘friends’. Somehow, you hoped that you were more than a friend to him. ‘Why am I hoping to be more than a friend to him? What is this? I can’t be like this’

 

Sungyeol on the other hand, felt hurt as he said ‘friends’. ‘I actually hope that we can be more than friends ___-ah. But what can I do? You’re taken and I don’t have anything to snatch you from Hoya. It just hurts’

 

“Break time’s up! Get ready for the next scene!”, the director’s voice echoed in the hallway. You quickly gathered yourself and Sungyeol did the same.

 

“Thanks for being my friend Sungyeol. Here, let me fix your hair before the shooting”, you said as you smiled. You gripped his wrist and dragged him to the make-up room. Sungyeol smiled as he felt your skin touching with his.

 

Little did you know, Myungsoo was watching the both of you from a far. “I won’t let my career ruined just because of her. I won’t”, he muttered.


Updated! Sorry it took so long to update this, i need to get the mood first before i write this fanfic.

Comments and subscribes are still loved :D