Chapter 36 - Party

The In Between

“Oppa”, you said to Hoya who was now busy wearing his shoes. He looked up to you and flashed a warm smile to you. You smiled back as you approached him and sat next to him.

 

“Morning  ___-ah”, he ruffled your hair lovingly. You just smiled and looked at your boyfriend lovingly.

 

“What is it ___-ah?”, he asked you, noticing that you didn’t say anything. He looked up to you again, to find you wore a blouse and skirt. Simple, yet still managed to look beautiful. You put a light make-up, adding the point to your beauty. ‘Oh right, she’s not going to the salon today. No wonder she doesn’t wear her uniform. She looks pretty today. Well everyday actually. But… isn’t she going to work with that Sungyeol guy?’

 

“Can’t you look ugly ___-ah?”, he asked again, making you stared confusedly at him.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re too beautiful, wear something ugly, so there’s no other man will fall for you”, he said jokingly as he grinned widely. You playfully hit his arm as you held back the shy laughter.

 

“Take the fact that I’m beautiful no matter what I wear”, you joked back and earned a ruffle on your hair. You stared lovingly at your boyfriend. ‘I missed this moment’

 

He was about to stand up and went out from the house. You followed him in silent, until you realized what you were about to say earlier.

 

“By the way, Oppa”, you called him, making he turned around to face you.

 

“Hm?”

 

“The company where I work, Sungyeol’s management, is going to throw a party since it’s its anniversary today. And… they said we could bring our spouse or couple. So… want you come with me?”, you asked him, unsure whether he would say yes or no. Hoya looked at you with guilty feeling. ‘Damn, I have meeting tonight. If I said it straight would ___-ah be mad?’

 

“___-ah, I’m sorry”, he said, trailing at his own word. You looked at him in disappointed stare. ‘I knew it. He’s just too busy. Can’t help about it then’

 

Hoya flinched at your stare. He didn’t like to disappoint you. He didn’t want to disappoint you. He nervously rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, I have meeting tonight, but maybe I can cancel it. I’ll text you later okay?”

 

Your expression brightened on his sentence. You happily hugged him as you said, “Okay! Don’t forget to text me Oppa!”. Hoya hugged you back and gave light peck on your cheek before letting you go. He then went to his car, leaving you on the front door watching him leave. You waved at him as he finally rode off with his car, going to his office. ‘I hope Hoya can make it!’

 

***

You were now on the loby of the building where the party held. You kept pacing back and forth, ignoring the fact that you were wearing pump shoes that added about 15 cm on your height and also a mini black dress that really fitted perfectly on your body, showing every curve you had. And with your hair curled at the end and fell perfectly on your shoulder, you just made several guys having their eyes on you. Sungyeol, who was standing there, seems to notice it and glared at those guys daring to check you out, literally told them to just go away and get another girl.

 

“___-ah, let’s come in, the party is about to start”, Sungyeol said, after several sighs he made. You just stared at him and pouted. Sungyeol looked away nervously, couldn’t take it to see you any longer. ‘Eish, why is she so beautiful?’

 

“Hoya Oppa is maybe in his way here. I want to wait for him”, you said to Sungyeol, whining actually. It had been an hour since you last texted your boyfriend yet he didn’t give any reply. You thought maybe he was driving and not able to use phone, so you ended up waiting on the lobby.

 

“Let’s just wait inside. The manager has called me several times”, Sungyeol said, taking your wrist and ready to drag you with him.

 

“I want to wait for him~”, you whined, hoping it would work, but no it didn’t.

 

“He can directly come in as soon as he get here. In case he couldn’t make it in time, just be my girlfriend for a night. You look beautiful tonight”, he said with a grin. You couldn’t help but to have your heart raced like a horse. You shyly looked down to your feet as you let yourself being dragged to the hall where the party was held.

 

***

You kept glancing on your phone all the time in the party. Sungyeol had to drag you around to meet some celebrities, which several of them had met you before. Everyone praised you for being beautiful that night. You just smiled proudly as you thanked them for the praisings. Sungyeol also kept praising how beautiful you were everytime he had a chance to say it. He was also being protective, not letting any boys go nearer you, as he would shot daggers from his eyes everytime one did so. You were happy, but your happiness wasn’t complete since you were still waiting for Hoya to come, or at least to text you where he was now. ‘Where is he? Is he lost?’

 

Then, slow music played in the room. Every guest started to take their couple to dance. You sighed, since Hoya wasn’t there yet, means there was no person for you to dance. Several boys came nearer you, asking for you to dance, but you rejected them. Well, of course, you barely even knew them. Then, a familiar figure reached out his hand right in front of your face. You looked up, and saw Sungyeol with his warm smile asking, “Wanna dance?”

 

At first, you wanted to reject it, as you were still waiting for Hoya. But knowing that there was only 10 percent for him to come, you shyly took Sungyeol’s hand, letting them to drag you to the dance floor. Warm feelings ran through your body as soon as you felt Sungyeol’s hand on your waist, taking you closer to him.

 

“Sorry if it’s uncomfortable for you. But everyone seems to do so”, he whispered to your ear. You just giggled and nodded, letting both of you dancing to the music.

 

‘This is just great’, Sungyeol thought as he examined your face feature. He could see your blushing cheek from the thin layer of make ups. ‘She wears simple make-up yet managed to look gorgeous’

 

You, on the other hand, felt your heart about to burst into pieces in any time. You could also feel Sungyeol’s heartbeat too. You looked up to him, and found him staring deeply at you. Suddenly, he leaned closer and closer, and you unconsciously did the same. Your face was just several centimeters away, when suddenly reality hit the both of you. ‘No, I can’t do this’

 

As the music finally came to end, both of you awkwardly let go and went back to the tables. There, you found your phone buzzing, with Hoya’s name on the screen. You quickly took your phone and went out from the room, until you stopped at the lobby, looking for Hoya. You then picked the phone up.

 

“Oppa! Where are you? The party is almost over”, you said as soon as you picked it up.

 

“I’m sorry ___-ah, I think I can’t make it in time. I’m on the way home now”, Hoya said from the other line.

 

“What? But why?”

 

“I’ll tell you at home. And… can you ask your friend to take you home tonight? I’m seriously can’t make it to pick you up”

 

“O-okay, I’ll ask my friend to drive me home”

 

“And, it would be better if you go home now, don’t be too late”

 

“Okay Oppa. I’ll go home soon”

 

Then, he hung up. You stared at your phone confusedly, with your brain still processing what Hoya said on the phone. Sungyeol, who noticed you were no longer in the room, were looking for you and found you at the lobby, staring at your phone.

 

‘Don’t tell me that Hoya couldn’t make it to be here. Should I be happy? But ___-ah must be sad’ “___-ah, is there something wrong?”

 

You turned around and found Sungyeol now were standing next to you. “Nothing, I just… need to go home now. Sungyeol, can you drive me home now?”, you asked him.

 

“But why?”

 

“I don’t know, Hoya just told me so”

 

“Okay. I’ll drive you home”

 

***

After bidding goodbye to several guests, Sungyeol quickly drove you home. All the way to your home, Sungyeol couldn’t help it but to see your thighs which was exposed because of the dress you wore. Sungyeol groaned and suddenly stopped at the side of the road, making you surprised at the sudden stop.  He then took off his blazer and gave it to you, who were now staring confusedly at him.

 

“Cover your legs. They are a distract”, Sungyeol said as he looked away. You looked down to your legs and noticed the exposed thighs you had. You quickly grabbed his blazer and covered your legs.

 

“Sorry. And thanks”, you said and looked away to the window, being shy all of sudden.

 

“Don’t ever wear that dress to the company’s party anymore”, he said, earning a confused stare from you. “Boys are checking you out, and I don’t like it”, he continued.

You then smiled to yourself. Somehow, you felt very happy to hear what Sungyeol said. You felt your heart beat raced again, and blood rushed fast to your cheek. ‘Thanks for caring, Sungyeol’

 

***

“Thanks for the drive Sungyeol”, you said as you stepped out from the car.

 

“It’s okay. Text me if something happens”, Sungyeol said to you. You just nodded and waved as he went off with his car. You turned around to face your house, which its light already on, indicating that Hoya should have been home now. You quickly walked inside the house, taking off the painful high heels you wore, and went to the living room. You found no one in there, yet you heard sounds from Hoya’s room.

 

You then walked to his room and saw the door was already opened. You looked inside of it, to find Hoya was busy putting in some clothes into his luggage, like he was going for a trip. You looked around in confuse.

 

“Oppa, what are you doing?”

 

“Oh, ___-ah, you’re home”, he said, still busy packaging his luggage.

 

“Are you going somewhere?”

 

He then looked up to you with his tired eyes. All you could see was problems in it.

 

“Yes, I’m going out of the town. I just knew it earlier too”

 

“When are you going?”

 

“Tonight. I’m sorry ___-ah, I’ll be back in a week."


Updated! Huah, it's a very looooong one haha, be patient to read it :D

Comments and subscribes are loved <3