Chapter 48 - Midnight Decision

The In Between

"___-ah", he called your name as he stopped the car on the side if the quiet road. There were a few cars passing, and Sungyeol thought it was the best place to stop his car and help her to calm herself. He pulled up the arm brake and stared at you whose eyes were red due to the self crying session you had. 

 
"___-ah, you know he-"
 
"Just don't talk about him now. I don't want to hear"
 
"But ___-ah-", he said but then you stopped him from saying any words as you snapped at him. 
 
"Are you going to make me irritated too? I'll step out from this car of you are". Sungyeol was startled at you as his eyes widened in shock. But then he quickly gathered himself and went back to calm you down. 
 
"No ___-ah listen to me", he called again. You rolled your eyes in annoyance. 
 
"Didn't you hear me? I'm going to-"
 
"___-ah listen to me first!", he said to you half-yelling as he grabbed your wrist. You were frozen and unconsciously started to cry again. It wasn't because you were shocked from his yelling, but because you were feeling disappointment came back attacking your heart. Sungyeol took a deep breath before continuing what he about to say. 
 
"___-ah, you know he loves you right?", he started. 'Yeah, he loves you like I do'. You nodded I reply. 
 
"There must be some reason behind these for him to do this to you", he continued, but inside, he scoffed at his own words. 'Hell no. There's no reason for someone to make her sad actually'
 
"Yeah", that's the only thing you could say. It's hard to talk as you were still muffling your tears. Sungyeol then pulled out a box from Hoya and shoved it to you. You were frozen as the box touched your hand. 
 
"That's from him. Maybe he told you the reason why in that box", he said. 'If I were selfish, I wouldn't give that to you ___-ah'
 
You gulped in your tears first, before opening the box. Sungyeol just looked to the window on his side, cursing and regretting the fact that you weren't his and how he couldn't be selfish to make you as his. Of course, you were taken, and Sungyeol didn't want to ruin your relationship with your boyfriend. Pain was the only thing he felt now. 
 
As soon as you opened the box, you found a white paper folded next to the beautiful necklace that suited with the ring you wore. Your eyes glittered in amazement for a while, before taking out the folded paper to read it. 
 
 
'dear ___-ah
Happy birthday baby hahahaha here's the real present. Wear this with the ring I gave you before right? Sorry for not coming, I ran my breath out from office to the jewelry shop. I wrote this on that shop. I really can't breathe now. Yet I still have to run again from here to Dongwoo's. Asking why on earth I was running? I sneaked out from the meeting and the security would notice me if I'm going with my car so yeah, I'm running. I'm really sorry I can't join the dinner though, I still need to attend that meeting. Enjoy the dinner, love you to the smallest DNA I have. :*'
 
 
 
You just couldn't contain smile as you read it, but still felt guilty towards your childish act. 
 
Sungyeol smiled sadly to see you were touched with Hoya's letter. Woohyun's words kept ringing in his head. . He took the necklace from the box and held it. He motioned you to turned around and as you did so, he helped you to wear the necklace. 
 
"He sure did have a taste", Sungyeol said as the beautiful necklace now hung on your graceful neck. He couldn't take his eyes of yours and neither could you. You felt strange, part of your heart was touched by Hoya's sweetness, yet a part of your heart felt broken to see Sungyeol seems.... hurt, the way you felt hurt too. 
 
Sungyeol broke the stare and rummaged through his pocket again. He pulled out the hairpin that should be on your hair. You trailed every part of your head and just realized that the hairpin wasn't there. Sungyeol chuckled before placing back the hairpin on your hair. 
 
"Don't forget about my present ___-ah. I know it's nothing but it still hurts", he said jokingly. You muttered sorry to him as he struggled to place back the hairpin. You helped him to do it, and ended up brushing your hands to his. Then you felt those feeling again, the feeling that you felt towards Hoya too. 
 
Sungyeol found it awkward for him touching your hands so he pulled away and cleared his throat. "M-maybe you should call him to... I don't know, pick you up somewhere?"
 
"But where? Here? Where's this place by the way?"
 
"Not here of course, exact places where you can be safe without me like cafe or restaurant maybe"
 
"Why without you?"
 
"I don't want to be the mosquitos flying around you being ignored while both of you having your quality time"
 
You giggled at his reason and he just smiled. 
 
"You want me to drive you to his office?", he asked softly. You shook your head in disagreement. 
 
"No, no one's allowed to come into his office at this late of night except those who already have an appointment"
 
"Then where should I take you? Hoya's office is the safest place for you to wait for him"
 
You then looked around and found the place familiar. Then you realized it was only several blocks from the salon. It was a safe place, and Sungyeol didn't have to accompany her since it was rare for a robber to sneak through a salon. 
 
"Just drive me to the salon, it's safe"