Chapter 9 - The Day After

The In Between

Narrator’s POV

The day after, you were busy with your work since it was Saturday, when the most customers would come to the salon. Hoya was busy too, although it was actually his day-off, but being a busy one, he went to his office and finished several works so he didn’t have to overwork on Monday. Woohyun still paid a visit to deliver the flowers and cards for you.

 

“Yo ___-ah, another flower for you”, Woohyun said as you finished with your work on your customer.

 

“Whoa, thank you Oppa”, you beamed. You took the flower from him happily. “Roses?”, you said.

 

“Yeah, the sender changed the order in last minutes. He said roses fit you better”, he said annoyingly.

 

He hated it when people change order in last minutes. But what made him annoyed the most is the fact that the sender, this stranger, now really put his eyes on you. Usually this stranger would send normal random flowers, but now, he asked for roses to be delivered to you. ‘Err isn’t roses means love or other things like that? Damn you stranger she's taken already’, he thought, still in annoyance. You noticed his change of expression and asked, “What’s wrong Oppa?”

 

“Nothing, no worry”, he said, trying to put off his annoyance. “By the way, how is Hoya? Are you mad at him?”

 

You blushed as you reminded of what Hoya did last night. “He’s fine hehe and no I’m not mad at him”, you said as you smiled stupidly.

 

Woohyun noticed the redness of your face and got curious about it. “What happened to both of you last night? Did you do IT?”, he said, emphasizing the word ‘it’.

 

“What the- NO OF COURSE!”, you said, well actually, exclaimed, that almost everyone now stared at you. You awkwardly bowed and hit Woohyun for making you talk loudly.

 

“Aish, why do you hit me?”, he said as he rubbed his arm. Your hit got stronger each day, maybe because you had these guys to practice with.

 

“Because… it’s fun to hit you?”, you said jokingly. Woohyun put a fake angry face and turned away from you. “Nahaha, I’m kidding Oppa. Hey, don’t you have work on florist today?”

 

“What if I don’t? You sounded like you don’t want me to be here”, he said. You just shook your head and smiled.

 

“I was just asking Oppa. Why you got so sensitive today?”, you asked.

 

“Well, things…”, he said, unsure. ‘I should find this stranger who keeps sending flowers to ___-ah. No one could mess with her’. “I gotta go now ___-ah”, he said as he walked away from you.

 

You confusedly waved at him and your gaze followed him until he went out of your sight. ‘What happened to him actually? Did he get rejected by his crush?’. Again, you were busy with your thoughts when a familiar person came into the salon.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

I saw a man went out from the salon after he had talked to ___-sshi. I knew him, well at least I had met him before. He was the one who kept delivering flowers to her. He seemed close to her. I wonder what his connection to her was. ‘Is he his boyfriend? Man I’m dead if he is’, I thought. As that man went out of my sight, I went closer to the salon’s front door.

 

‘Haha daydreaming again ___-sshi’, I thought when I saw her staring blankly as I stood in front of the salon. I smiled to see her innocent cute face, which she didn’t show when she was with other people, including me. I noticed how smooth her skin was. She must have taken a good care of her skin. Her hair was also smooth. Whoa it would be fun to know her more. She was really beautiful.

 

“Hyung, why are we here? Don’t you already have your hair styled?”, Myungsoo said, interrupting my thoughts of ___-sshi.

 

“Wanna talk to someone. If you are going to bother me, just go to that café and wait me there”, I said. Myungsoo put a confused face and I just pointed at ___-sshi. I actually didn’t want him to interrupting my talking time with ___-sshi. Especially with that kind of irritating voice. I had thought of what he would said next like “Why are you talking to her?” or “You told me to wait you while you talk to her?” and other similar sayings. But to my surprise, he replied while keep staring at his phone, “Okay, I’ll be at that café, just text me when you’re done”

 

I wrapped him in my arms and happily said, “Thank you!” and then left him as I went to ___-sshi. Good things Myungsoo wasn’t being annoying this time. I turned around to see if he had gone to the café or not, and yes, he had. So I just happily approached ___-sshi. No one would interrupt me this time.

 

Narrator’s POV

“Hi ___-sshi, daydreaming again?”, Sungyeol said as he reached your position.

 

You came back into reality and then politely said, “Oh, Good morning Sungyeol-sshi. And… um yes I was daydreaming I guess”. You scratched your head, being embarrassed since Sungyeol always catched you daydreaming.

 

Sungyeol smiled to your shyness. His gaze then flew to the bouquet in your hand. “So you have flowers today ___-sshi. It looks good. Is it from your boyfriend?”, he said again, trying to hold a conversation with you.

 

“No it’s not. It’s from a… stranger? I don’t know who the sender is actually. But I do love how he keeps sending me flowers. It’s sweet”, you said, practically praising whoever sent you the flower.

 

Sungyeol stupidly smiled but then snapped out of it. “Well, flowers suit you ___-sshi.”

 

You just awkwardly laughed, since you didn’t know what to respond his sentence. Then you remembered about your conversation before that was cut by Myungsoo’s appearance.

 

“Sungyeol-sshi, you mentioned about flowers on our last conversation. What was that about?”, you asked. Lately, you were suspicious of Sungyeol and thought maybe he was the sender. But you pushed the idea off your mind since you remembered that Sungyeol was an idol and he only knew you for a short time.

 

“Well, I kinda noticed a guy kept delivering flowers for you. I often got my hair styled here so well… you know…”, he trailed off, unsure what to say. You just nodded your head, understood about what he said. Then silence came to interrupt. Sungyeol cleared his throat and out of nowhere asked, “Is he your boyfriend?”

 

“Who?”, you asked back, confused of which person Sungyeol  meant.

 

“The one who delivers the flower. Is he your boyfriend?”, he asked again. ‘Please say no’

 

“No he’s not. He’s my best friend. Why are you asking?”

 

Sungyeol sighed a relief. “No, just curious. By the way, do you-“, he got cut off as he heard his phone ringing. He mouthed ‘sorry’ and checked his phone. ‘A text from Myungsoo. Aish this guy, what’s his problem?’, Sungyeol cursed.

 

To: Sungyeol Hyung

Just remembered I left my wallet at home. Can you please come here and pay for my coffee? I’ll pay back later. And make it fast, I got this crazy fans staring at me.

 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he finished reading the text. He cursed Myungsoo for interrupting him, again. He actually just wanted to let the crazy fans ate him alive but still, Myungsoo was his partner. His career would end if Myungsoo couldn’t survive from this crazy fans. He half-heartedly said, “Sorry ___-sshi, gotta go for a while. I’ll be back soon I guess”. You nodded and he left to the café across the street.

 

As Sungyeol left, you got a customer to be served. She asked for hair color, which took long time to finish. You actually wanted to wait Sungyeol to come, for no reason, but this customer was one of the important customers of the salon. So you half-heartedly went to the customer and politely served her. You kept glancing to the café where Sungyeol ran to. ‘Uhm, why do I wait for him?’, you thought. You then just let the mind off and concentrated on your work.

 

A little while after, Sungyeol went back to the salon. You didn’t realize that Sungyeol had already back from that café, together with Myungsoo. Sungyeol looked around to search you, and found you in the corner, working on someone’s hair.

 

Sungyeol sighed and then went to Myungsoo. “Because of you, now she’s busy and I can’t talk to her”.

 

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulder, “Blame the fans, if they didn’t stare me like crazy, I wouldn’t have asked you to help me”

 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes and then he went to the front desk. He asked for a paper and pen to the staff and politely thanked her. He wrote a notes and asked the staff to give it to you when you were not busy. He then left the salon together with Myungsoo on his side. He kept smiling all the way out.

 

Finally, the busy day ended. You were stretching your body when this one staff approached you and held out a paper. “He said it was for you”, the staff said. You politely said ‘thanks’ and took the paper. ‘Oh, from Sungyeol-sshi’

 

To : ___-sshi

From : Sungyeol

Sorry for leaving you earlier. I’ve come back but seems like you are busy so I just leave a note. Let’s have another nice talking later. And, I actually wanna leave my phone number but I’m afraid someone will take this note and use it for blackmailing me haha. I’ll give you my number later, give me yours too okay?

 

You smiled as you read the note. His handwriting was really neat for a man. You were about to fold the paper and put it in your pocket when you noticed another writing on the bottom of the paper.

 

PS: Roses fits you :)

 

You tilted your head in confusion. ‘This sentence seems familiar’


Another chapter! Trying to use POV's this time, and i think i will use it again for next chapters. Sorry if it gets boring but bear with it please :D Thank you for the subs and comments. Love you guys :)