Chapter 44 - Making Ups

The In Between

You were crying on the empty hallway, where no one was even bothered to look for you or even walk past. After minutes of crying, you wiped off your tears and slowly walked to the nearest washroom. You washed your face and erased the tear’s stains, so no one would notice that you were crying. No one, except someone who happened to follow you and witness your crying.

 

You were just one step out from the washroom, when you felt someone gripped your wrist and pulled you out from the way, literally thrown you to the wall. You gasped in shock to feel the sudden contact on your back with the cold wall behind you. You winced in pain, before looking up to the person who did this to you.

 

“Myungsoo-sshi?”, you said questioningly. Myungsoo was there, with his poker face on, staring at you directly in the eyes. You felt nervous for being stared like that, especially when Myungsoo was the one who did that. You just realized that he pinned you on the wall, that both of you were in uncomfortable position.

 

“What are you doing here?”, you asked as you struggled to get out from this position. But being the weaker one, your struggling did nothing to him. Instead, he gripped you tighter, stopping you from moving anywhere.

 

“Following you around?”, he said sarcastically. You stared at him in disbelief. ‘Following me?’

 

“What a creep”, you hissed and tried to slip off from the position, but again, failed.

 

“Move, I need to go back to the dressing room”, you stated and pushed him as strong as you could. He didn’t move a bit.

 

“Not so fast”, he said shortly.

 

“What do you want?!”, you grew angry as you got a lot more uncomfortable in the position. Partly because you were afraid that Myungsoo would do something to you.

 

“Stop playing around”, Myungsoo stated, making you frozen in your place, no longer struggling. You stared at his eyes, which were staring at you coldly like an ice. If look could freeze, you were now an iceblock standing on the floor.

 

“What are you talking?”, you asked again, not understand what he meant.

 

“Stop being such a flirting around my hyung”, he continued. You grew angry at the word ‘’. Of course, as a woman, you couldn’t take his words.

 

“I wasn’t and will never do such thing. What the hell are you talking about?!”, you said as your tone rose into an anger one. But Myungsoo wasn’t called an ice-prince for nothing. He didn’t feel afraid to your raising tone.

 

“You’re taken and all of us know that. Aren’t you satisfied with only one guy? Huh?!”, he raised his tone as he glared dangerously to you. You weren’t flinched or jump in horror, you just stared at him disgustedly.

 

“Yah Kim Myungsoo, I don’t understand what you are talking”, you snapped at him. He calmed down a bit, as his tone now was normal like before.

 

“Stop playing with Sungyeol’s heart. He deserves more than a trash like you”, Myungsoo threatened you, with his dangerously low voice. You weren’t afraid of his words, but you flinched at the mention of Sungyeol. You felt your heart in pain again, as you clutched your chest tight with your free hand. You felt hurt, and you blamed Sungyeol for this. You looked up to Myungsoo and stared coldly at him.

 

“You should say that to Sungyeol. Stop playing around and making me confused of his act”, you said bravely, no trembling or afraid seen from you. Myungsoo scoffed at your sentence and stared back at you.

 

“You’re such a ”, he cursed as his free hand flew up. You knew his free hand’s movement would give a great impact on your cheeks, as you shut your eyes tight, waiting for his hand landed on your cheeks. But after a while, no slapping sound heard, neither you felt a slap landed on your cheeks. You slowly opened your eyes, and found Sungyeol stood there, gripping Myungsoo’s wrist to restrain his movement. Your jaw dropped, and so did Myungsoo.

 

“H-Hyung, what are you doing here?”, Myungsoo asked, stammered at his own words. You just stared at Sungyeol blankly, not believing it was him who helped you. ‘What is actually you want Sungyeol? I don’t understand’

 

“I should be the one who asked. What are you doing to her? What are you going to do?”, he hissed as he tightened his grip. Myungsoo winced in pain as he let go of you, releasing you from the uncomfortable position. You breathed heavily as soon as you were free from him.

 

“Hyung, I’m-“, Myungsoo was about to say something, but Sungyeol cut his sentence off. He released his grip harshly, leaving a mark on Myungsoo’s wrist. You just stood there like a stone, not knowing what to do. The next thing you realized, you were dragged by Sungyeol out from the hallway, the set, the building. The next second you blinked, you were already in his car, driving away from all of the staffs who were chasing you. You turned your head to the person beside you. ‘Sungyeol… I don’t understand… Are you the person I should trust? Or not?’

 

***

It was a pure silence between both of you. Sungyeol decided to stop by the empty park where no one was passing by. His hands were still gripping on the steer tight although the car was already stopped. He bit his lower lip, not knowing what to say. You were staring blankly at the empty road in front of you. Sungyeol then decided to break the ice between the both of you.

 

“I… What were you two talking before?”, Sungyeol asked.

 

“Stuff”, you answered shortly. You were still hurt from how he act towards you earlier. You decided to act cold, like the way he did to you.

 

“I… I’m sorry”, Sungyeo said. You just stayed silent, hesitate to reply the sentence. You ended up not saying anything. You just stared out from the window on your side.

 

“___-ah”, he called you, dropping the formalities again. You turned your head to him and stared at him with pained expression.

 

“Decided to drop off the formality again Sungyeol? Whoa so persistent”, you said sarcastically before staring out from the window again. Sungyeol let go his grip on the steer and reached out to your face. But your responsive reflex just slapped his hand away right before it could touch your skin. You ignored his shocked expression, and just looked away.

 

“What do you want?”, you asked harshly, not looking at his face.

 

“___-ah, you don’t understand”, Sungyeol trailed on his words. You flew your head to turn to him and glared at him.

 

“No I don’t. What do you expect me to understand Sungyeol? You’re confusing me! You were nice earlier and then act coldly towards me, and now you’re nice again. What do you want Sungyeol? I don’t understand”, you burst everything in your mind to him. You felt tears b on your eyelid, burning your cheeks and asking a permission to roll down your cheeks. You didn’t know why you felt hurt, why you acted like this was a big problem to start. You just felt the urge to do so.

 

“I’m sorry ___-ah, I just… don’t want anyone to hurt you”, Sungyeol said apologetically. You couldn’t help but to be touched by his tone. You could feel he was truly feeling guilty towards you. But you still didn’t understand the reason why he did so. So you let him continue his words.

 

“They got the picture of us hanging out together… I just can’t help but to feel worry that our fans might hurt you if they found out. I… didn’t want to attract the paparazzi to chase you everywhere you go, that’s why…. I just want you to be safe ___-ah”, he said. He stared at you with apologetic stare, as he grabbed your hand with his. You were softened at his act, and stared softly at him.

 

“I… didn’t know what the problem was. I’m sorry for acting childish earlier”, you said. Sungyeol raised his head and stared hopefully to you.

 

“We’re good?”

 

“Yep we’re good”

 

***

“She’s fired”, Myungsoo stated cooly as Sungyeol stepped into the office. The manager was there too, sitting next to Myungsoo who was cockily stood up and went to his partner. Sungyeol slapped his hand away and stared at him coldly. Myungsoo shrugged his shoulder and went back to his seat. Sungyeol eyed his every move, before staring at his manager who was rubbing his temple desperately.

 

“You can’t do this to her. She did nothing”, Sungyeol started. The manager just sighed as he leaned his body on the couch. Myungsoo was the one who snapped at his sentence.

 

“Of course she did something. She flirts around, that’s what she did”, Myungsoo said, earning a glare from Sungyeol.

 

“Flirts? I’m sorry maybe it was one of those girls you always brought home who did that but clearly not ___-ah”, he snapped back and looked to his manager pleadingly. “Hyung, can’t we talk about this again?”

 

“Well but at least the girl I brought home was a single one, not taken”, Myungsoo protested.

 

“She’s taken and I don’t care. We are friends and that’s what you have to know”

 

“Friends? You called your relationship, friends? Hyung, you’re clearly fell in love with her. You’re different now. You’re changed, you are blinded by her”

 

“And so what? People do change, at least I choose to be blinded by her, not to be a poker face like you”

 

“Oh come on Hyung, there are so many girls out there better than her, why are you so persistent?”

 

“Because I love her and that’s final. NO ONE can change the fact”, he stated and went back to his manager. “If you decided to fire her, then I would make a resignation letter to this management”, he said to his manager. His manager looked up to him and faced Sungyeol’s angered face. He could clearly see whatever he did to separate you from Sungyeol, Sungyeol would find a way to get you back.

 

“Hyung you chose her and abandon your career? You’re crazy!”

 

“STOP IT YOU TWO!”, the manager roared and stopped the two from bickering any further. He sighed first, before staring at Sungyeol deeply. Sungyeol was nervous all of sudden, waiting for what his manager would say next.

 

“Do whatever you want. Just don’t add the job for me to make up reasons for you. Myungsoo’s playboy act is already tiring for me. Help yourself if anything happens”, he said calmly and stood up from his seat. With that, he went out from the room, leaving Sungyeol and Myungsoo there.

 

Sungyeol couldn’t be any happier than this. He smiled happily and mentally punched his fist to the air. His manager had just given him permission to court you, and it was a miracle for him to do so. Myungsoo, on the other hand, couldn’t believe what his manager just said. He glared at Sungyeol in disbelief, before walking past him, bumping his shoulder to him in purpose. Sungyeol just stared at his dongsaeng confusedly, before smiling stupidly again.

 

‘___-ah, I still can stay by your side… You don’t know how happy I am to know that. Please accept my love for you ___-ah, please’


Updated! Sorrryyyyy i just finished moving out and just managed to find a right time to update this. The connection just really kills me...

Thank you so much for reading :D

Comments and subscribes are loved the most! <3