Chapter 29 - Texts

The In Between

“Oppa!”, you exclaimed, running from the bench you were sitting at to hug the figure. It was Woohyun, with his folder filled with several papers. Woohyun hugged you back tightly, with his eyes staring at Sungyeol. Sungyeol, who was surprised to see you suddenly ran from him, looked at Woohyun’s direction. ‘What is he doing here?’, both of them thought, as their eyes finally met each other.

 

“Oppa, what are you doing here?”, you asked, finally pulling out from the hug. Woohyun broke the eye contact with Sungyeol and turned his attention to you. He ruffled your hair lovingly as he smiled, putting a different expression from earlier.

 

“I got some order from this ice rink”, he said. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Sungyeol asked me to go with him. I got a day off today”, you said. You took his arm and dragged him to Sungyeol. Sungyeol smiled nervously as soon as both of you reached his place.

 

“Hello Woohyun-sshi, nice to meet you here”, he said, bowing politely to Woohyun. Woohyun bowed back half-heartedly, his eyes still shooting daggers to Sungyeol, and Sungyeol could clearly feel it. He just looked down to his feet.

 

“Are you going home now? I’ll drive you home”, Woohyun said. You stared at him quizzically and then stared at Sungyeol who looked so nervous now.

 

“Don’t worry Oppa, Sungyeol will drive me back home, won’t you Sungyeol?”, you turned back to Sungyeol. He quickly looked up and nodded. Woohyun rolled his eyes  in annoyance. ‘How on Earth I will let this guy drive ___-ah home?’

 

“No, you go home with me. Now”, Woohyun said and took your arm, dragging you with him. You confusedly looked at him and looked back to Sungyeol. He was waving his hand with a disappointed face, and you could tell it. You waved back at him, while still being dragged by Woohyun.

 

‘I’ll call you later’, Sungyeol mouthed, and you nodded.

 

***

“You’re having a day off but you spend it with your boss. So ironic”, Woohyun said. Both of you now were on his car. His eyes were on the street but his ears and mouth just went to you. You unconsciously smiled, as Sungyeol’s image kept playing in your head. You felt your heartbeat increased. ‘Why am I feeling this?’

 

“Why don’t you go with Hoya ___-ah?”, Woohyun asked, after being ignored by this little girl sitting next to him. His mind couldn’t get any reason for you to go with Sungyeol to the ice rink. An ice rink, he emphasized. He always thought that a couple who went to an ice rink was either a professional skaters or a lovey-dovey couple. And thinking that Sungyeol took you there, there must be something behind his act.

 

“He’s busy”, you said shortly, knowing that it would be enough reason for you not to go with Hoya. “And Sungyeol was the only one who can hang out with me, so I ended up with him”

 

Woohyun stared blankly at the road. His mind literally cursed both Sungyeol and Hoya. ‘How dare that Sungyeol took ___-ah to hang out with him. Who do he thinks he is? Her boyfriend? And how could Hoya let her? Aish I’m going crazy’

 

“Does Hoya know?”, Woohyun asked again. You softly shook your head. ‘I just couldn’t tell Hoya. I don’t know why’

 

“Yah that’s cheating”, Woohyun bluntly said, earning a glare from you.

 

“It’s not! If going out with another guy without telling Hoya would be cheating, that means I’ve been cheating with you on him”, you said as you pouted. You didn’t like it when Woohyun said you were cheating just because you didn’t tell Hoya. Although a part of you kinda admitted that you were.

 

“Sorry. It just rolled out from my mouth”, Woohyun said. ‘Aish, Hoya should take care of her better than this’

 

***

You finally reached your home, after Woohyun drove you back. You took your house key and slipped it in, letting you to open the door. You stepped into the house and quickly thrown yourself into couch. You felt your body was wrecked into two pieces, being tired of skating for hours, bumping into others, and stumbling down to the ice floor. You let a heavy sigh and a relieved sigh. You felt happy for finally going out and having exciting activity. You had suppressed your desire to do any exciting things until Hoya could make his time for you, and you could do it together. But now, to know that finally you could let your desire being released, you just felt happy. And as Sungyeol’s image kept playing in your mind, you unconsciously smiled. ‘I’ve been thinking of him lately. Haha, his stupid grin is a mind-controller’, you thought.

 

You then felt your phone vibrated. You quickly opened it and read it. It was from Sungyeol.

 

From : Sungyeol

Yo, have you got home safely? Sorry for not driving you home :)

 

You texted back, saying,

 

To : Sungyeol

I have :D Thanks for asking, and for taking me to the ice rink. It was fun! And don’t worry, it’s not your fault

 

You were about to ask him whether he was home already, but you kinda felt uneasy to ask that, so you ended up clicking the ‘send’ button right away. You felt your phone vibrated again, a reply text from Sungyeol.

 

From : Sungyeol

Haha good thing then, I’m already at home, so don’t make yourself uneasy to ask that :p Hahahaha can’t stop grinning now, I’m really happy that finally I could take you out somewhere, to know that you had already spent your time being my make-up artist.

 

To : Sungyeol

It’s not a big thing you know, thanks anyway!

 

You hesitantly clicked the ‘send’ button. You thought it was too short to reply Sungyeol’s text, but you just didn’t know what to say.

 

From : Sungyeol

You just had no idea :D Btw, go take a rest, I’m sure your body felt like a stick of bone now haha. Don’t forget to have a dinner first before going to sleep, I don’t want my make-up artist being sick. :D

 

You just smiled at his texts. Seems like he was really a caring person to you, and you felt grateful to know it. Finally you got the attention you wanted, although it was from a different person. You felt your body warmed by happiness as you happily skipped to the kitchen to make dinner.

 

‘For now, let’s just enjoy this happy feeling’, you thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

You just don’t know what is waiting right in front of you


Updated! Sorry, got writerblocks yesterday >< so yeah, it's Woohyun haha it's really predictable isn't it?

Comments and subscribes are loved <3