Chapter 39 - Airport pt. 2

The In Between

It was already an hour driving in the hectic road in the city. Sungyeol’s phone kept yelling to get itself picked up by the owner, but he seems not bothered to do so. He knew it was from his manager, who probably was in panic since he and you were suddenly running out from the set, with his car key twirling in his finger. You didn’t know, when and how, he got that key. What you knew was, you were now on the way to the airport, picking up Hoya, with Sungyeol driving you there.

 

You glanced on your watch. ‘The plane should have arrived now’

 

You glanced at Sungyeol who was concentrated on the road, and noticed he was cursing to the indisciplined road users. You also noticed he was still in his photosession make-ups, not having time to clean it. You felt your heart pumped up as you started to examine his facial features. ‘Why are you so nice to me Sungyeol? I can’t help but putting hopes on you…’

 

“___-ah”, he suddenly called your name. You snapped to the reality and quickly looked back to your phone, not daring to see him any longer as you felt your hearbeat rate increased.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“Call Hoya. Tell him to wait. He didn’t know we are going to pick him up right?”

 

“O-okay”

 

You then punched Hoya’s number and called him. Waiting for several seconds, no one was picking up. You tried to call him again, but still not getting an answer.

 

“He’s not picking up”, you said. Sungyeol then sighed, before suddenly turned the steer to the right, u-turning and went to a different way to airport.

 

“Sungyeol, airport is in that way”, you said as you looked the queue of cars going to airport’s direction.

 

“I know another way. Just trust me”, Sungyeol said as he now raced the car fast.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

 

I’m now in the secret road to the airport. It’s an alternative way, and it’s a lot less hectic. I glance at ___-ah, who is now fidgeting in her seat. She must be worried she wouldn’t make it in time. I told her to call Hoya first to let him know we are on the way there, yet he didn’t pick up. Screw it Hoya, it was your girlfriend calling yet you didn’t pick it up.

 

Somehow I felt stupid to realize I’m helping her with her relationship with Hoya. I should have helped mine with her first. But yeah, seeing the one you loved happy just make you happy too.

 

Don’t worry ___-ah, I’m always trying my best to make you happy, although it really hurts me down inside.

 

Narrator’s POV

Finally, both of you reached the airport. You quickly walked out of the car and ran into the airport, leaving Sungyeol parked his car. There were so many people in it, making it difficult to even look at the flight schedule. You then tiptoed, trying to be a little bit taller to see the flight schedule. Then, you noticed that Hoya’s airplane was already landed like an hour ago. Means now he was already checking out from the boarding. ‘Where is he?’

 

You then called Hoya once again, but still no one answered it. You sighed desperately and ran to the gate where Hoya should have walked out from. But it was already empty. You were already sweating because of running all over the place, looking for Hoya. But he was nowhere to find.

 

Then you noticed Sungyeol was already standing next to you, running out of breath. He then put his hand on your shoulder, leaning and trying to get his normal breath back.

 

“Where is he?”, he asked between his breath. You shook your head in disappointment, still looking around, hoping Hoya would show up from nowhere. Then, you felt your phone ringing.

 

“Oppa! Where are you?”, you said as soon as you picked up the phone. Half of your soul flew out when you saw Hoya’s name in the screen.

 

“Why are you looking for me? Aren’t you at work?”, Hoya asked back from the other line, not answering your question.

 

“Why didn’t you answer my question? And no, I’m not at work, I’m at the airport, looking for you”, you said as you looked around to find a familiar figure with his phone on his ear. But you didn’t see anyone.

 

“You what?”

 

“I’m at the airport. Where are you?”, you repeated your statement and your question. Sungyeol noticed something wrong from the conversation. ‘Don’t tell me…’

 

“___-ah, I’m already on my way to the office. I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were planning to pick me up, so I just took the taxi and went to the office”. Your shoulder deflated as disappointment lingering over you. Sungyeol caught some words from Hoya and noticed the disappointed expression. He quickly took your phone from you.

 

“___-ah? Yah ___-ah Where are you?”, you heard Hoya’s voice from your phone held by Sungyeol. You just ignored it, and Sungyeol hung up the phone, before dragging you out from the airport. You couldn’t contain your disappointed tears. ‘I hate this’

 

***

 

“Hey ___-ah, stop crying please”, Sungyeol said as he kept wiping off the tears you made. You just sat there, trying to hold back the tears but it was a great failure. You just felt too disappointed, that in some point you just wanted to say it straight to Hoya’s face but you couldn’t. You didn’t want Hoya to be burdened, to know that he was already busy enough handling his business, and it would just add the works if you approached him with weak hearts like this.

 

Sungyeol, on the other hand, was sitting in front of you while cursing Hoya in his head. He didn’t like the way Hoya treated you, and thought he could do better. ‘I am always by her side everytime she’s breaking down like this. Does Hoya ever see her like this? Why is he treating her like this. Urgh, what a hateful boyfriend. She’s better be with me than him. But yeah, it’s her feeling tells her to do so. I can’t help but just watching her be with another guy’

 

“Sungyeol…”, you called him as you sniffled your last sob. Sungyeol looked at you concerningly.

 

“Let’s just go back to work. Sorry I have ruined your schedule”, you continued.

 

Sungyeol shook his head as he patted your head. Butterflies flew around as soon as his big hand touched your head. You stared at his deep eyes, and felt something changed from your heart.

 

“I have a better idea. Let’s just go shopping!”, he exclaimed as he pulled you up from your seat, and dragged you to the car. You just let him to do so, while trying to make up your heart. ‘No. Whatever Hoya did, I’m still Hoya’s girl. I can’t fall for another guy. No ___-ah, you can’t’

 


Updated! Sorry it took me so long to update this story, gotta fight the writer's block first huhuhu

So yeah, thank you for reading :D

Comments and subscribes are still loved! :3