Chapter 14 - Reveal The Mysterious Man

The In Between

Three days of day off had passed and you finally had to go to work again. You felt a lot fresher after three days resting at home and ready to serve as many customers as you could. After having breakfast with Woohyun, who somehow stayed last night, you happily skipped out of the house.

 

“Yah, you left me just like that? No hugs?”, Woohyun asked from the kitchen.

 

You turned around and jokingly said, “What are you? My boyfriend?”

 

“Ouch, it hurts”, Woohyun said, acting all over. ‘Well it actually hurts by the way’

 

You smiled and went back to him to give him a bear hug. “Here is the hug Oppa~”. Woohyun hugged you back, feeling the warmth you gave to him. He hugged you tighter and smelled your scent. He still wanted to stay like that for a longer but then you squealed under his hug, “Oppa~ I can’t breathe down here”. He then let you go, still smiling to see you busily fixed your uniform.

 

“Gotta go to work Oppa, don’t forget to lock the door as you left. And if you about to come by, text me first, so I can cook something for you”, you said, sounded just like a mother to her son.

 

“Yes mom”, he said as he grinned, earning a glare from you. He then ruffled your hair, practically messing with your hair. You then pouted and pushed his hand away as you tried to fix your hair.

 

“You and Hoya are the same, hair-ruiners”, you said. Woohyun just smiled and shrugged his shoulder. “Blame your hair, it attracts the hair-ruiners”, he said again, earning a hit from you.

 

“Oh! I’m late! I’ll be going now Oppa~ Don’t forget to text me!”. You ran out of the house and hurriedly took a cab as you were too lazy to drive today. Woohyun waved to you until you got out of his sight. Then, his phone buzzed. There were two messages come, from Hoya and from his staff.

 

To: Woohyun Hyung

Are you with ___-ah? She didn’t reply my text last night. And btw, the trip was extended and I couldn’t manage to come back this week. Can you accompany her till next week? You can stay if you want. I will really appreciate it. Thanks Hyung!

 

Woohyun sighed as he read Hoya’s message. ‘Of course she didn’t reply, are you too stupid to not know she’s mad? Aish this guy. I know I shouldn’t let him have ___-ah’

 

He then continued to read other message. It was from his loyal staff in the florist.

To : Mr. Woohyun

Sir, are you going to florist today? I heard the one who keep sending Ms. ___ flower will come by today.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened at the text. ‘He’s coming? Oh I need to go now’. He hurriedly cleaned himself and left the house after he made sure every door had locked.

 

***

 

You finally arrived at the salon after got trapped by hectic traffic jam all the way. You happily skipped in and greeted several staffs.

 

“Good morning ___-sshi! Someone’s waiting for you already”, one of the staff said. You then hurriedly went to the employee’s locker and walked as fast as you could to meet the one who had been waiting for you. But as you stepped in the main room, there were already several customers in it. Okay not several, there were many customers already came. It was hard for you to walk around and now you had to find this one person. You just didn’t know how to do it so you asked one of the staffs who greeted you earlier.

 

“Which one is waiting for me?”, you whispered to her as you couldn’t found any of your regular customers in the room. She then said and pointed, “There”. You squinted your eyes to see who the person was. It was a man. You furrowed your eyebrow, trying to remember any of your male customers. “He’s been waiting for you since three days ago ___-sshi. But none of us intended to tell him you were on your day offs”, she said. You then bowed at her and made your way to this man.

 

This man suddenly turned his head to you and his eyes widened at you. “___-sshi! Where have you been? Were you sick?”, he said concerningly. It was Sungyeol.

 

‘He’s looking for me? Whoa that’s nice’, you thought. “I took several day offs to have some rest. Don’t worry I wasn’t sick Sungyeol-sshi”, you said politely. Happiness filled your heart as you knew that he actually looked for you.

 

Sungyeol sighed in relief. “Thank god you weren’t. I’m about to ask for your address if you’re absent again today”, he said sweetly.

 

You smiled again, trying to hide a slight blush on your cheek. You scratched your head in awkwardness as you didn’t know what to respond. You somehow felt happy to know that Sungyeol was really caring for you. Your heart started to a little bit race as he smiled awkwardly too.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

‘Why do you have to look so cute?’, I thought. It sounded corny but surely, ___-sshi looked really cute now. Forget about those cute girlband members, ___-sshi looked a lot cuter than them. Well, she wasn’t cute actually, she was beautiful. I gotta admit she was as beautiful as the models I used to work with. What differ just, ___-sshi was naturally beautiful.

 

I couldn’t manage to find a word to say to her. My heart kept beating rapidly as it got faster each time I saw ___-sshi’s face. She kept in silent and so did I. I played with my phone as I twirled it in my hand. Aish why did my brain not working at the time like this? Then my gaze threw on my phone. A great idea came in instant.

 

Narrator’s POV

You both stood there, in awkward silence. You still didn’t know what to respond when suddenly, you saw a phone was perfectly went in front of your nose.

 

“What are-“

 

“Give me your number, you’ve read the notes right?”, Sungyeol said. Your memory then tried to find which notes he meant and suddenly remembered. ‘Oh that notes, I thought he was kidding’

 

You nodded and took his phone. After punching your number and giving it back to him, he miscalled your number and made sure you saved his number too. He smiled in happiness, but suddenly he remembered he had to go pick Myungsoo up. “Thank you ___-sshi! I’ll text you later. I gotta go now. Bye!”, he said as he hurriedly left the salon. You stood there, dumbfounded, and with your heart beating faster than before. ‘What’s this feeling?’

 

***

 

Woohyun had just arrived at the florist, when suddenly his loyal staff, approached him and whispered to him. “Sir, I think it’s the one over there”, he said as he pointed to a man in black shirt. This man was wandering on roses section, looking at the various colors of the beautiful roses. Woohyun walked closer to get a better view of this man.

 

This man was tall, at least taller than Woohyun. Woohyun scoffed as he didn’t like any man who was taller than him. He had this flower boy face, which made Woohyun scoffed even more. Woohyun’s silent-investigation ended as this man suddenly turned around and saw Woohyun stood there, frozen.

 

“Are you the staff?”, this man asked.

 

Woohyun cleared his throat and professionally introduced himself. “I’m the owner of this florist, I’m Woohyun”, he said as he reached his hand to this man. But this man—purposely or not—ignored his hand and busily stared at the roses.

 

Woohyun pulled his hand and put it in his pocket. He was still suspicious towards this man. ‘Is he the one? So cocky’ He cleared his throat to get this man’s attention back as he said, “Do you need any help?”

 

It was silence for a moment, this man was still staring at the various roses, looks like he was clueless in choosing the flower. Woohyun, being polite, stood there and waited for him to make his choice. He used this chance to do another silent-investigation. After a moment of awkward silence, the man then said, “I want to buy this one”, as he pointed to the light pink roses.

 

“I’ll wrap it for you sir, please wait”, Woohyun said. Woohyun then picked several light pink roses and about to walk away when suddenly this man said something Woohyun didn’t ever want to hear.

 

“Um, by the way, can I have it delivered? It’s not far, I just want it to be delivered to the salon two blocks away from here.”, he said as he pointed to the big salon’s direction.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened. It was the salon where you worked at. He then turned around and glared at the man who was now staring at him. "Can you?", the man asked again.

 

‘So, he’s the one’, Woohyun thought


Haha here I am! Another chapter is up and i had added a made-by-myself-poster on the forward haha. Somehow managed to update between this hectic study schedule. Don't feel like studying now but need to as National Exams are coming in no time T_T. Wish me luck guys, it will be my last exams in highschool :D. I hope i can do my best for it, so i won't regret it by the time i'm in college. Wish me luck!!!!