Chapter 28 - Ice Rink

The In Between

“Ice rink?”, you asked as soon as both of you arrived.

 

Since Hoya couldn’t spend his time with you, Sungyeol asked you to come with him to some place, which turned out to be an ice rink. He just nodded at you and quickly parked his car. After that, he went out of the car and opened the door’s car for you. You just smiled at him as you stepped out of his car, taking his hand as a support.

 

“From all of the place, why ice rink? I thought you will take me to the other place, like… amusement park?”, you said, walking side by side with Sungyeol to the ice rink. You didn’t realize that your hand still intertwined with his. Meanwhile, Sungyeol almost jumped in happiness to have your hands perfectly in his.

 

“I can take you there someday. If you want to”, he said sweetly to you. You just chuckled, but inside, your heart almost burst into pieces as it raced faster and faster. ‘What’s this feeling?’ You were busy with your own thoughts, until you realized Sungyeol was holding two pairs of skating shoes on his hands.

 

“Shall we?”, he said as he passed one pair to you. You just nodded happily and took it.

 

***

 

You weren’t a really good skater, but you could at least keep your balance so you wouldn’t fall due to the slip. You and Sungyeol slided through the ice rink slowly, trying to feel the joy of skating.

 

“Hey let’s go faster”, he said, turning his head to you. You just smiled at him and shook your head.

 

“You go. I’ll stay slow like this. I’m afraid if I go faster I would end up falling on my ”, you said, earning a pout from him.

 

“You’re no fun”, he said. You just giggled at his childish act.

 

“Can’t help it, I’m not a good skater you know”, you said to him. He just pouted and slowly skated next to you, trying to stay his speed the same as yours.

 

“You can go faster if you want”, you said again.

 

“No, I want to stay on your side like this”, he said, with his gaze away from you. ‘I don’t know if I could be like this next time, you don’t know how much I wanted to be by your side ___-ah’

 

You, meanwhile, felt your blood rushed to your cheeks and suddenly you felt the ice rink got warmer than before. ‘Is it just me or it’s warmer here?’. You put your hand to your cheeks, to find it felt warm. ‘Am I sick?’

 

You were too busy with your thoughts, and didn’t realize there was a couple skating towards you fast from behind, unable to stop their speed by the time. Sungyeol turned his head and noticed this couple would hit you.

 

“Watch out!”, Sungyeol said as he grabbed your shoulder, jerking you away from the fast skaters and ended up falling down to the ice floor, with you on top of him. Your face now was on his chest, and you could hear his heartbeat clearly. Sungyeol still laid there, with his eyes closed, groaning in pain.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

‘Urgh, that couple, they almost hit ___-ah with their speed. Urggh, wait why is my chest heavy?’ I slowly opened my eyes, to find ___-ah was on top of me. Urgh awkward position. I felt my heartbeat raced faster than before. Her body was so small, but it gave me so much warmth. I could see her perfect feature from this position. She was so beautiful. Why so perfect ___-ah? I couldn’t help but falling for you. Argh that damn Hoya should take a better care of her, how can he choose work over her? I don’t get it.

 

“I-I’m sorry Sungyeol. Are you okay?”, she asked as she quickly got up. I noticed her cheeks were red, same like me. Does that mean I still have a chance?

 

“It’s okay ___-ah, I’m fine, are you okay?”, I asked back and also tried to stand up on my own feet. She helped me to get up.

 

“I’m fine”, she said as she smiled shyly. She’s really cute. I wished she could be mine, but what can I do? She’s taken and she loved her boyfriend.

 

“That’s what will happen when you skate in a slow speed”, I said teasingly and took her hands. “Let’s go faster”

 

‘Let’s stay like this while we can ___-ah’

 

***

 

Narrator’s POV

“That was fun!”, you said as you sat down on a bench placed outside the rink. Sungyeol followed too, staring at you sweetly and felt happy to see you weren’t down or sad. He took out two cans of drink and passed it to you.

 

“Thanks Sungyeol”, you said and smiled to him. He smiled back.

 

“I should be the one who thank you ___-ah”, he said as he opened his drink.

 

“And why is that?”, you asked.

 

‘Because you make me feel happy today’. “For accompanying me to this place. Sorry if you’re disappointed with it, next time I’ll take you the amusement park”, he said, making you blushed into crimson red. He made it sound like there would be the next time. ‘It sounded like we’re going on date’, you thought. ‘What are you thinking ___-ah? You have Hoya already’

 

“Okay okay, if there’s what you call ‘next time’, I’ll go with you”, you said teasingly. You tried to look like you didn’t hope for it, since you knew, Sungyeol probably just being nice.

 

“Haha, fine fine”, he said as he stood up and reached out his hand. “Let’s go home now, it’s almost evening, maybe your boyfriend’s now looking for you”

 

You scoffed at his sentence. “He’s probably busy now. He doesn’t even know I’m going to this place with you”

 

“He doesn’t? Naughty girlfriend, cheating over her boyfriend”, he said teasingly, earning a glare from you. It was right that you didn’t tell Hoya about going to the ice rink with Sungyeol. You actually had typed the text to Hoya telling where you were, but you got a feeling you shouldn’t tell him so you ended up not sending the text. ‘Does that really mean I’m cheating over him? I’m not! Going with other man doesn’t mean I’m cheating right? I often do that with Woohyun and that isn’t considered as cheating so this one is the same’

 

“But I don’t mind it though”, he said again with a smile on his face. You stared at him skeptically. ‘What does he mean?’

 

“What do you me-“, you were about to ask when suddenly your eyes caught a familiar figure staring at your direction.

 

“___-ah?”

 


Sorry for just updating now. And... it's almost getting into the real problem. I wished i could finish this fanfic fast so i could start a new one >< thanks for reading. comments and subscribes are loved :D