Chapter 45 - Birthday Morning Call

The In Between

You were in your deep slumber, feeling tired from all busy days you had passed. You were actually awake, but tiredness did eat you up that you were just too lazy to open your eyes. Instead of getting up from your bed, you were curling up like a caterpillar and nuzzled your head to the pillow, feeling its softness and comfort. 

 

You were about to dive back to your ocean of dream, when you felt a peck on your cheek. You were frozen for a while, but then quickly got up into sitting position. You trailed your cheek with disbelief, not fully awake to realize that Hoya was already sitting next to you, on the same bed. Hoya giggled at your silly expression.

 

"Is that how you looked everytime you wake up ___-ah? You look hilarious", he teased, still giggling. You pouted and put an angry expression, crossing your hand. 

 

"Oppa, what are you doing here?", you said, still pouting. Hoya ruffled your messy hair and smiled warmly. The smile you always missed earlier. 

 

"To wake my birthday girl up", he said and grinned. You stared at him confusedly first, before realizing that it was your birthday today. You jolted happily on your bed, rocking the bed. Hoya chuckled once at your action. He then grabbed your hand and pulled you into a kiss. He then slowly pulled back and smiled. 

 

"Happy birthday dear, best wishes for you and for us", he said while ruffling your hair again, sweetly and softly. You smiled in reply and hugged him. 

 

"Thanks Oppa!", you exclaimed. Hoya hugged you back your hair, before pulling back from you. You smiled happily to him. 

 

"Shouldn't you be at work now Oppa?"

 

"You don't want me here? Fineeeee", he teased as he about to jump off from your bed. But being quick, you took his arm and restrained him from going anywhere. 

 

"Nooo, staaaaay", you whined, earning another giggle from him. 'How I really missed this kind of moment'

 

"Haha I'll stay anyway, I asked the secretary to postpone any meeting I should attend this morning, so yeah, you can say I don't have any meeting this morning. Did it specially for you", he said. You lightly smacked his arm and pulled him closer. 

 

"Thanks a lot Oppa"

 

"Anything for my birthday girl", he replied with another ruffle on your hair. 

 

"So... where's my present?", you asked teasingly. Hoya raised an eyebrow to you. 

 

"Isn't my morning kiss enough?"

 

"Noooo I want more"

 

"You want more?", he asked and you nodded excitedly. The next thing you knew, you were pushed to lay down back on your bed, with Hoya hovering above you. He trapped you with his well built body. You blushed at his action and shocked, that you couldn't even move a bit. 

 

"Y-yah, what are you doing?", you stammered at your words. Hoya just smirked and leaned closer to you. 

"You want some more right?", he said with his low voice. "I'll give you more", he whispered softly in your ears. In a moment, you were like dead fish, not moving any inch. Hoya seems couldn't hold it any longer, that suddenly he burst into loud laughter. 

 

"Sorry ___-ah, it was funny!" You scowled at him as you sat up straight, pouting your cheeks. You pushed the laughing Hoya away from you. Hoya pinched one of your cheeks softly. 

 

"Eish, frowning doesn't suit you. Hahaha don't worry ___-ah, I know you're one of those who object something like this.  I appreciate your choice, okay?" You smiled sweetly to him and so did he. 

 

"So... is that mean no present for me?", you an tickled him on his waist. He giggled and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, leaning himself to your ear. 

 

"I'll give you the real present at Dongwoo's. See you there, okay?", he whispered. You giggled to feel warmth tickling your ear and nodded to him. 

 

He ruffled your hair once again, before jumping of your bed to skip out from your room. You were about to follow him to get up from your bed, but then you heard his voice from outside. 

 

"Don't even dare to step out from your bed ___-ah. Waitttt". You stayed in silence, confused. You were getting into reality when suddenly the door burst opened and Hoya walked in with tray in his hand.  You watched him walking towards you, then he put the tray on your bed. It wasn't a usual tray used for serving the guests, more like a small table. Your eyes widened when you noticed so many foods on the small table. 

 

"Oppa, what is this?"

 

"Breakfast! On bed, specially made for Princess Han ___ with love from Lee Howon", he said and tapped his chest proudly. You shook your head in amusement and went back to the food. You were staring blankly at your food first, before noticing a spoon full of food flying nearer to your face. You looked up, and saw Hoya was ready to feed you. 

 

"Oppa, I can eat by myself"

 

"Nope, not wanting to make my princess' hands tired. Let Lee Howon do the job", he said. 

 

"So cheesy. Woohyun sure is contagious"

 

"Haha blame him and open your mouth, airplane is comiiiing~", he said again, like feeding a five-years old. You shook your head once again, before eating the food Hoya took for you. He smiled as he watched you munching the food and flew his hand to ruffle your hair. 'How I missed her smile'

 

Then, you were interrupted by a sound of your ringing phone. You were still munching and Hoya just initiatively stood up and grabbed your phone. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw the caller ID. 

 

'Sungyeol?'

 

"Who is it, Oppa?", you asked as you peeked from his back. You smiled when you noticed it was from Sungyeol. You snatched the phone from him and got up from the bed, picking the phone up and left Hoya in the room. Your happy laughter echoed, that Hoya could really hear it. You were just happy that you and Sungyeol were no longer being cold to each other. But Hoya didn't feel the same. 

 

Hoya flew his hand to his chest as he felt his anger rose and it hurt his heart. He could feel his jealousy almost took him over when he saw you skipped back into the room and jumped to the bed. But your happy face sure eased a bit anger in his heart. 

 

"Oppa, are you going to stay at home all day long?"

 

"No. Why?"

 

"Sungyeol called me and he said the other make up artist couldn't make it to come today, so I need to replace her"

 

"Well, okay", he said half-heartedly. "But why are you so happy with that? Like working so much?", he asked teasingly, but inside, he was already burnt in jealousy. 

 

"Haha it's because things are going back to normal between me and him. Don't worry Oppa, we're just friend", you said, a little bit offended. You didn't know why but something urged you to convince Hoya that you and Sungyeol were just friend. 

 

"Okay, go get ready, I'll drive you there", he said and ruffled your hair. He then stood up and pulled you up from bed. You tiptoed to kiss his cheek, before running to the bathroom. He chuckled at your act, before his face turning down in worry. 

 

'No, I am allowed to be jealous, but not to restrain her from having any friend. Aish, I hope nothing bad would happen to her. To us.'

 

 

Updated! Sorry it took a long time to update huhuhu *bow*

And this is the first time I use my iPod to update, ofyou find anything weird, please tell me so I can fix it as soon as possible. 

Comments and subscribes are still loved :) Thankyou for reading :)