Chapter 8 - How He Solved His Problem

The In Between

As Woohyun left and Hoya couldn’t have lunch with you, you then had lunch with the other staff. You actually could go home after the lunch, but you decided to work a little bit longer as you knew you would be lonely if you went home just like that. You made yourself busy until you forgot your annoyance towards Hoya.

 

Hours passed, it was already 3 pm. The director told you to go home since tomorrow would be a busy day for you. You just obeyed her and got your stuff then went out of the salon. You paid a visit to a market near the salon to buy some groceries. As you walked pass meat section, you immediately thought of Hoya. ‘He would hardly eat dinner, doesn’t he? Well, cooking for him won’t bring any harm though’. So you bought some meat and other ingredients for dinner. You went to the cashier and paid all of the things you bought. As you finished with your shopping, you took a cab and went home.

 

As you reached home, it was 5 pm already. You immediately stormed into your house after you paid the cab. You put all of your stuffs, including the flowers, on the couch and went to the kitchen. You spent an hour to cook dinner. You then set the table, cleaned the mess you made, and literally ran into the bathroom to get yourself cleaned. After you had finished with your routine and changed into comfortable clothes, you went to the couch to get your stuffs. As you reached for the flowers, you noticed a card in it. You took it and read it.

 

To ___-sshi

It’s been almost three weeks I have sent this flower for you

and, still have no courage to give this flower to you by myself.

I actually want to introduce myself properly to you

but I got super nervous everytime I tried to.

Well you had known me already, but you didn’t know how I feel towards you

Let’s just hope the time when I could freely show my feelings to you would come soon.

Hope you like the flower.

-Your Secret Admirer :)

 

You smiled as you read the card. It was white and written nicely. You got more curious each day as this person who called himself ‘Your Secret Admirer’ kept sending you flowers and card everyday. EVERYDAY. You always wondered how much he spent on this flower as you knew, the florist owned by Woohyun had the best flowers provided in it, and they weren’t cheap. You had complained about the price to Woohyun, but he couldn’t help it since the flowers worth the price.

 

You carefully folded the card and brought it together with the flowers into your room. You opened your drawer and put the card together with other cards.

 

‘Whoa, so many of it’. You closed your drawer and then went to your night stand next to your bed. You replaced yesterday’s flower with today’s. You stared at the yesterday’s flower closely.

 

‘It’s a pity to throw this out. It’s still fresh. And I’ve been throwing other flowers everytime I had new one. Hm, let’s just put this one in the living room’. You then went out of your room to put the flower in unused vase in the living room. You were satisfied to see your living room now had flowers in it. Not long after you finished your business with your flowers, you heard a sound of car coming nearer your house. You knew it was Hoya, so you went to the front door to welcome him.

 

“Welcome home Oppa, you come home faster than I thought”, you said as you hugged him, welcoming him home.

 

He hugged you back, you can smell his perfume under his embraces. “I managed to finish everything earlier, so I could have dinner together with you”, he said lovingly. “Sorry about the failed lunch”, he said again as he rubbed the back of his neck.

 

‘Let’s play a bit’, you thought.

 

You put a fake angry face and left him being guilty in front of the door. You went to the dining table and sat there, waiting for his reaction. He followed you into the house, and sat across you, still feeling guilty. He reached your hand and said, “___-ah, I’m sorry”. You let go of his grip and coldly said, “Eat dinner first Oppa, let’s talk about this later”.

 

Hoya just nodded and ate his dinner in silent. He was really afraid of you being mad at him. He knew he was wrong to cancel the lunch, and he already did it many times. He thought you already at the limit so he tried not to make you angrier. Hoya kept eating and tried to take a few glances at you. The atmosphere got too awkward, so he tried to melt it by praising your cooking. “Y-Your cooking is great ___-ah”, he stuttered. You just smiled and continued your eating. Hoya just gulped and continued his eating too.

 

You still put a poker face but inside, you were laughing like crazy. ‘He looks like a lost child hahaha. Let’s see how long it would last’. You finished your dinner and stood up from the seat. You silently went to the living room and turned the TV on. Hoya then followed you to the living room and silently sat next to you. You kept ignoring him, waiting what he would do next. Hoya, on the other hand, was trying to find a good word to be told to you. He kept scratching his head, hoping it would help him.

 

15 minutes passed, Hoya finally made his move. He sat closer to you who were busy with the remote in your hand. “___-ah”, he called.

 

You turned your head to him, “Yes?”

 

Hoya took a deep breath and said, “I know you are angry about the lunch. But I do have a reason…”

 

“I know, you have lunch with Mr. Kim right? I understand”

 

“You know I couldn’t reject his offer right?”, he asked.

 

“I know, but I thought you already had promised to have lunch with me. Why couldn’t you at least told him about it? Maybe he could at least understand and let you go with me”. Hoya sat there, not knowing to say.

 

“You didn’t tell him right?”, you asked again.

 

“W-well, I didn’t think of it. ___-ah don’t be angry pleaaseee. I’m feeling super guilty right now”, he said again.

 

“Well, you are guilty Oppa”

 

Hoya sighed. He didn’t know what to do to make you not angry with him, although actually, you weren’t angry at all. But the words you said were right, why didn’t he think of telling Mr. Kim about his promise?

 

So, the awkward atmosphere came again. Hoya was being panic as he didn’t want you to get mad with him all night long. He kept thinking how to make you feel better. Then, a brilliant idea popped from nowhere.

 

You kept staring at the TV although you didn’t watch it. You weren’t mad at all, but half of you were disappointed to know that Hoya didn’t even tell Mr. Kim that he had already promised you to have lunch together. You were busy with your own thoughts when suddenly you felt a soft touch on your cheek.

 

Hoya kissed your cheek.

 

Your eyes widened and you stared at Hoya. Hoya was there, looking at you with his puppy eyes. “Are you still mad ___-ah?”

 

You just chuckled and looked away from him. Hoya then gripped your shoulder and made you face him. He then put his lips on yours, giving a sweet kiss. Your eyes got widened again but then you closed them and tried to feel the sweetness Hoya gave to you.

 

You both let go and you smiled. Hoya smiled too. “Still mad now ___-ah?”

 

You chuckled again and said, “You think?”

 

“Should I take you to the bed? We can continue what we did before”, he said teasingly, earning a hit on his arm. You pouted and threw your gaze to the TV. Hoya just rubbed his hand and then he attacked you with tickle.

 

Being a ticklish one, you couldn’t hold your laughter. So you ended up laughing hard as you were struggling to be out of his attack. Hoya stopped tickling and laughed with you.

 

“You know what? I wasn’t mad at all. Just trying to see your reaction though”, you said, admitting the sin you had made before.

 

“WHAT?! I was afraid like crazy before! How could you ___-ah!”, Hoya exclaimed and tried to tickle you again.

 

“Don’t be mad Oppa~ You know I love you right right right?”, you said cutely to him. You put your head on his shoulder and let him wrapped his hands around you.

 

He just smiled towards your cute act. He ruffled your hair affectionately. “I know ___-ah I know. Sorry for cancelling the lunch, let’s just go next time okay?”

 

“Okay Oppa, and by the way, let’s invite Woohyun Oppa too. It’s been a long time since we last hang out together”

 

“Alright, just tell him. Hey let’s go to sleep ___-ah, it’s late already”, he said.

 

You nodded, and gave him one last bear hug before you went to your room. He also went to his bedroom, but he stopped as he reached the door. He turned around and faced your room. “Sleep tight ___-ah, sweet dream”, he said as he smiled sweetly.

 

You smiled, “You too Oppa”. You then went into your room. You were feeling happy with the way Hoya tried to make you feel better. ‘I really love you Hoya, hope we can stay together like this forever’