Chapter 17 - His Jealousy

The In Between

You walked to your workplace lazily. You woke up early today to find no message from Hoya. You were worried now, wondering why he didn’t text you. You tried to call him this morning, but no one answered. ‘Is he sick? Should I visit him?’. All of bad thoughts coming to your head, making it hard for you to concentrate in your work. You got reproached by the manager for being unconcentrated all the time. She placed you on the cashier, to avoid the customers’ complaints on you. You sighed heavily as you kept glancing on your phone.

 

“What happened ___-ah?”, a familiar voice called your name, making you to look up and saw who it was. Woohyun stood there, with a concern arose from his face. You smiled sadly and glanced back to your phone

 

“Oh, Woohyun Oppa. It’s nothing… Well Hoya hadn’t texted me since yesterday”

 

Woohyun reached out his hand to ruffle your hair. You smiled half-heartedly, still worried about Hoya.

 

“Maybe he’s still busy. Just wait okay?”, Woohyun said, trying to comfort you. He then passed two bouquets of flower to you. You stared at him confusedly. “Two? Is it from Hoya?”

 

Woohyun grinned and playfully said, “No, one is from the you-know-who and one is from me! Specially wrapped for my lonely dongsaeng”. You happily took the one from Woohyun. You looked at it in amazed. The last time you got flower from him was on your birthday. You even got it because you kept whining, asking for him to make it for you. Now that he made it for you, you were confused.

 

“It’s a super rare for you to make this one for me. Why are you now giving me this?”, you asked.

 

“Since I felt guilty for not coming last night. Dongwoo Hyung scolded me like forever last night”, he said as he passed the other one to you. You half-heartedly took it. Somehow, the flowers—which you claimed as your mood booster—didn’t make you feel happy today, even the one from Woohyun didn’t. You were just… not in the mood to get a flower sent to you.

 

“Thanks Oppa”, you said. Woohyun then tried to hold a conversation with you. He asked about anything, about last night, about Hoya, about how you felt, but you just gave him short answers or simple head movements in reply. Woohyun just sighed to see you like this. All the time, you kept glancing on your phone, waiting like forever for Hoya to contact you.

 

‘Aish Hoya, just call her already’, he thought. He then nervously played with his phone, as he couldn’t hold a proper conversation with you. Thinking what should he do to make you at least, less worried, he just stood there nervously. Then, a happy voice echoed in the salon.

 

“___-sshi! How are-“, a man called your name but suddenly skipped a step and fell on the floor, earning glares from the other customers and a giggle from you. Woohyun looked at you giggling at the scene, and somehow felt confused. ‘She laughed?’, he thought.

 

The man panickly stood up and bowed to everyone. He awkwardly apologized to everyone. He then made his way towards you and Woohyun. You still giggled at him when he finally reached both of you. Somehow, the bad-mood-you just went away and replaced by the happy-you.

 

“What were you doing earlier Sungyeol-sshi?”, you said between your giggle. Sungyeol scratched his head nervously, as he blushed like mad. Woohyun glanced at your happy giggle and silently scoffed under his breath. ‘Why didn’t you laugh before ___-ah?’

 

“I just… fell. Aaa stop laughing ___-sshi, it’s embarrassing”, Sungyeol said as he tried to stop you laughing by putting his hand on your mouth, earning a glare from Woohyun. ‘Since when he could touch ___-ah easily?’

 

You then stopped laughing as you pulled Sungyeol’s hand away from your mouth. Both of you glanced each other and smiled stupidly, earning another glare from Woohyun. Woohyun couldn’t believe how this unknown man could have—you can say—skinship with you. You and Sungyeol still smiling stupidly and somehow looked like giving signal to each other, which Woohyun didn’t understand. It was like a secret language between both of you, although actually, there was no such thing as secret language. Both of you just didn’t know what to talk about.

 

Woohyun then cleared his throat, trying to get his existence known by both of you. You then looked away as you awkwardly fixed your uniform. Awkwardness was on the air as Woohyun gave a cold stare to Sungyeol while Sungyeol kept gulping his own saliva, nervous of being stared by Woohyun.

 

“Uhm, Oppa, this is Sungyeol. Sungyeol, this is Woohyun, my bestfriend”, you said, finally breaking the awkward atmosphere, in an awkward manner

 

Sungyeol then politely reached out his long hand for a hand shake. “Hi, I’m Sungyeol”

 

Woohyun coldly scoffed at him. But as you glared at him, he then took Sungyeol’s hand and said, “I’m Woohyun”. He pulled out quickly and just stared at you and him.

 

Then, silent again. You and Sungyeol had your head down for awhile, unable to resist the cold stare Woohyun gave to both of you. Sungyeol kept glancing on you, and you could read from his expression that he was afraid of Woohyun’s dark aura. You took the first move as you didn’t like the awkward atmosphere all of you were in.

 

“What are you doing here Sungyeol-sshi? Need me to fix your hairstyle?”, you asked, with your hands playing with your phone, indicating that you were nervous too.

 

“Uhm, no just wanna say hi though. Actually I have a schedule in less than half an hour, so I just come by to say hi…”, Sungyeol said, unsure about what to say as he got more nervous due to the stare Woohyun gave. Woohyun just looked away, silently cursed under his breath.

 

“Well, why don’t you get going now? You’ll be late if you stay here any longer”, you said sweetly, finally ignoring Woohyun’s weird state. You just didn’t get the reason of his weird act.

 

“O-okay, I’ll be going then. I’ll contact you later. Maybe I’ll just text you. Bye ___-sshi”, he said nervously as he made his way to the front door, leaving you and Woohyun alone. You waved at him as you mouthed ‘Good luck’ and he just smiled.

 

Woohyun finally spoke up. “What’s with that stupid smile?”

 

You glared at him. “Oppa, that’s so impolite. Why did you act like that?”, you said, practically changing the subject.

 

Woohyun rolled his eye as he nonchalantly said, “I don’t like that guy”. You stared at him in disbelief. What did Sungyeol do wrong?

 

“What are you talking Oppa? He’s nice”, you said, or maybe, lectured him.

 

“I just don’t like the way he kept glancing on you. It’s annoying”, he said shortly.

 

“Hah, whatever. Why don’t you go back to your florist already Oppa? You’re busy right?”, you said, indirectly asked him to just leave. You were just not in the mood to talk to him, as you had your expression down, unlike the way you smiled before.

 

“Were you just asking for me to leave?”, Woohyun asked back with eyes sticked at you. You just ignored him, when suddenly you heard your phone ringing. ‘Hoya Oppa!’, you thought as you quickly picked it up.

 

“Oppa! How can you not contacting me yesterday?”, you abruptly said as soon as you picked your phone up. You were relieved as finally he called you after being unable to reach yesterday.

 

“I’m sorry ___-ah, I put my phone on silent since I had meeting to attend and forgot to put it back on normal mode. But then I forgot where I put this and couldn’t find it anywhere. I just found it earlier, and it was tucked under my dirty clothes I’m going to wash later. I’m sorryyyy”, Hoya said on the line. You sighed a relieve as you heard that. ‘Thank goodness he wasn’t sick or something’

 

“How could you~”, you said as you pouted. “You’re not sick right?”, you asked again.

 

“Nooo, I’m really alright seriously. I’m sorry for making you worried. You were alone last night right? Why didn’t you just ask Woohyun to come?”

 

“He said he was busy Oppa, can’t blame him haha. Aaa I’m worried like hell about you. Hah I bet you didn’t worry about me even a bit”, you said sarcastically.

 

“Haha actually, I didn’t”, he said playfully. “I know you are a good girl, you won’t cheat on me right right right?”

 

“Whateverrr”, you said as you smiled widely. You felt happiness overflowed you as you heard his voice, although it’s only from the phone.

 

“Have you eaten already ___-ah? I’m going for lunch now”, he said.

 

“Not yet, break is like another 15 minutes from now. Eat well okay? Don’t take fast food or snacks, eat a proper one”, you said like a mom to her son.

 

“Yes baby~ HAHA so corny. Okay, I’ll be going then. You too, eat properly, no need to worry, you’re not fat. And even though you’re fat, you still look cute”, he said again, making you giggled.

 

“Ahaha I know I know. Call me later okay?”

 

“Okaaay. Bye ___-ah”

 

“Bye Oppa”

 

“And by the way”, he said again before you hung up the phone. “I love you” Then he quickly hung up, not letting you to say the same. You chuckled as you stared at the screen phone. You smiled stupidly again, earning a sad stare from Woohyun, who was watching you all the time.

 

‘I was like here for almost half an hour to talk to you and even bring you flowers, but you didn’t even once, smile for me. That Sungyeol guy and Hoya just talked to you for less than 5 minutes and you smiled for them like there’s no tomorrow. It just…. hurts ___-ah’

 


Woohyun :( Haha i felt a little bit sorry to him. And yeah another update! Still on fire to do this fanfic although i already started the new one. Please do check my other fanfic and support! Comments and subscribes are loved :D Thanks for reading and sorry for the wrong grammar and the lame plot, i didn't proofread this one *bow 90 degrees*