Chapter 23 - Burst

The In Between

You took a day off from the salon to have a personal conversation with Woohyun. Being left by the busy Hoya, who never came back home before midnight everyday, had given you enough reason for those sleepless nights, making you suffered from severe lack of sleep. The manager noticed those dark circles under your eyes, and decided to just let you had several days off. You used this chance to visit your bestfriend, since you couldn’t stand being alone at home from day to dawn.

 

“Good morning!”, you said as you stepped into the florist. Sweet smells of flowers tickling your nose as soon as the door flung opened. Several staffs were already busy cleaning the florist, tidying up the flower’s section, and spraying things you had no idea. You didn’t see Woohyun anywhere in sight, so you decided to walk to the cashier, where Sunggyu, Woohyun’s loyal staff, was there.

 

“Hi ___-sshi? Looking for Woohyun-sshi?”, he greeted politely.

 

“Yes, is he busy?”, you said as you looked around, trying to find your bestfriend.

 

“Well, he’s now on the way here from picking the flowers from the garden. Have a seat ___-sshi, he will be here for like… another 15 minutes I guess”, he said, gesturing you to take a seat on the couch, which was placed next to the cashier. You thanked Sunggyu politely and made your way to have a seat on that couch.

 

You were only sitting there for 5 minutes, when suddenly Sunggyu came with a tray with teapot, cups, and some cakes on it. He put it on the coffee table in front of where you were sitting now.

 

“No need to serve this Sunggyu-sshi, I’m just here to have a chat with Woohyun”, you said politely, not wanting to trouble him. He just smiled his signature eye smile.

 

“I know you both are gonna have a very long chat, so it will be impolite to not serve these”, he said. He then sat down on the couch in front of you.

 

You and Sunggyu then had this short conversation while waiting for Woohyun. You were grateful to have Sunggyu to talk since it would be awkward to wait for Woohyun without anyone to talk to, so you tried to hold the conversation. Suddenly, you remembered about this stranger who kept sending you the flowers. ‘Maybe Sunggyu has a clue about this guy’

 

“Sunggyu-sshi, do you happen to know… the guy who kept sending me flowers?”, you asked.

 

“Not really, he used to order from the phone. But about several weeks ago, a guy had come and asked for a bouquet to be delivered to you. Woohyun almost knocked him down but thank God he didn’t. Truth was, that guy was just a friend of the real sender”, Sunggyu explained. Then, the door flung opened again, revealing Woohyun with the key car on his hand.

 

“___-ah? What are you doing here? You’re not working?”, Woohyun asked as he stepped closer to you and Sunggyu.

 

“I’ll be going now, ___-sshi”, Sunggyu said as he bowed to you. You bowed back and then he left to the room on the back of the cashier counter.

 

“Hi Oppa!”, you greeted Woohyun, not answering his question. Instead, you gave him a bear hug.

 

“You didn’t answer my questions”, he said as he ruffled your hair. You smiled happily. It had been a long time since someone ruffled your hair. Hoya never did it again lately and you rarely met Woohyun, since the one who delivered the flower would be his staff. Busy florist, he said.

 

“Sorry. I’m having a day off Oppa. I got this dark circles”, you pouted as you pointed on your eyes. The circles weren’t that clear since you put a lot of concealer under your eyes, but still, they can be seen.

 

“Haha you’re right. What happened? Lack of sleep? Is my bestfriend got no time to sleep now?”, he said teasingly as he let you sat again on the couch, with him next to you.

 

“You can say that. I feel restless lately”, you said.

 

“And why is that?”

 

Then, you told him all of your problems. About how Hoya got busier and busier each day, how he now even rarely text you, how he always got home late, how you felt disappointed to him, and everything that troubled you. Woohyun just sat there, listening to your story. He knew you had been holding back all of your problems and acting all strong, so no one will be worried about you. ‘Seems like the barrier will break into pieces soon’, he thought. You kept telling him about your story, and got teary because of the emotional tides that suddenly hit you. You let your strong appearance gone for a while, replaced by the real you who were weak and fragile.

 

“I kept sacrificing everything for him but why didn’t he do the same?”, you said, finally tears flowing on your cheeks. You just couldn’t hold it. Woohyun patted your head, trying to calm you down.

 

“Well, you know he’s been like that since we were highschool, remember?”, he said.

 

“I know! But if he couldn’t manage his… things he’s busy at, I don’t know what, why would he force himself for a relationship? I know it’s selfish, but I still want his attention, not only sweet talks that just thrown out whenever I’m mad, or whenever he felt guilty. And the problem is, he rarely feels guilty! And and…”

 

“Sssh, calm down girl”, Woohyun said, patted your head again. His heart broken to see you like this, but he didn’t know what to do.

 

“I… don’t know what to do Oppa. I know he’s busy. But… you know I couldn’t stand being alone EVERYDAY”, you said, emphasizing the word everyday.

 

“Maybe you should get busy too”, Woohyun said.

 

“If I’m busy too then what will happen to my relationship?”, you asked.

 

“Don’t complain then”, Woohyun said again, with a big grin on his face, earning a pout from you. ‘That’s not helping Oppa’, you thought.

 

“Ahaha, don’t be mad. I know what you’re thinking. But seriously, maybe you should get another job ___-ah, like… make up artist? Just like what you did before being in that salon. You looked happier back then”, he said again. He then stood up and went to his office. You just looked down to your knee, drowned in your deep thought. Sungyeol’s offer suddenly popped out in your mind. A part of your heart told you not to accept it, but another part got distracted by Woohyun’s sentence.

 

‘Should I?’


I just realized it's chapter 23 already and I still haven't got into the real problem... I wonder how long will this story be -_-

btw, thanks for reading :D