Chapter 25 - Another Disappointment

The In Between

You were waiting for Hoya in the salon. You had planned a lunch together with him, couple’s quality time. You were anticipating today’s lunch as finally both of you would have lunch on Dongwoo’s restaurant. You also took this chance to talk about your decision to take Sungyeol’s offer. The salon’s manager had given you permission to be Sungyeol’s make-up coordinator, after several hours talking with Sungyeol’s manager. But she still not let you to resign from the salon, since you were one of her best hair-stylist and she didn’t want to risk her own salon. ‘Now all I have to do is getting Hoya’s permission’

 

“Heeey ___-sshi? Are you there?”, you noticed a hand waving right in front of your eyes. You then turned your gaze to the owner of the hand.

 

“Oh, hi Sungyeol-sshi”, you said, surprisingly smiling shyly. You also felt your cheeks reddened. ‘Why am I like this?’

 

“Thinking of how exciting will it be since you finally take my offer to be my make-up coordinator?”, he said teasingly, wiggling his eyebrows. You just giggled at how funny his face was.

 

“Haha, you’re really happy to know I’m gonna be the one to do your make-up right?”, you said.

 

“Yes! Finally! I’ve been waiting for this time to come!”, he said happily. “So, are you free ___-sshi? Maybe we can have lunch together”, he said again, leaning on the desk you were at.

 

You were about to say yes, when you remembered your appointment with Hoya. “Sorry Sungyeol-sshi, I’m going to have lunch with my boyfriend. Maybe next time”, you said politely, not wanting to hurt him.

 

“It’s okay. There’ll be more next time since you’ll be my make-up coordinator starting next week!”, he exclaimed happily. He couldn’t contain his happiness to know that he was one step closer to you. He hoped that by being his make-up coordinator, he would get a chance to get closer to you. ‘It’s okay if I only ended up as her bestfriend’, he thought.

 

“Haha, don’t get too excited first Sungyeol-sshi, I still haven’t got the permission from my boyfriend”, you said.

 

“I’m sure he will give you the permission! Which boyfriend would like to block up his girlfriend’s career?”, he said, literally supporting you. You just smiled at him and weakly mouthed thanks. Actually, you hoped that Hoya would say no. You hoped that Hoya would get jealous to know you were about to work personally for other guy, that maybe could risk her love to him. You silently prayed that Hoya would prohibit you, and so you knew that Hoya still care about you. ‘I’m sorry Sungyeol-sshi, but I wished he would say no’

 

Then, you felt your phone buzzed. You checked it, and found a text from Hoya.

 

To : ___-ah

Hey, seems like I can’t pick you up. Still on meeting. Wanna meet on Dongwoo’s?

 

You sighed. Plan was changed. ‘Great, I got a bad feeling of this’

 

To : Hoya Oppa

Okay. Let’s meet there. I’m on my way now

 

You clicked ‘send’ and sighed, as you put your phone back. Then, you noticed Woohyun was already there, staring coldly at Sungyeol who was now nervously looking at his feet, being intimidated by Woohyun’s stare. You just chuckled and wondered why Woohyun kept acting cold to Sungyeol.

 

“Oppa!”, you said happily, making Woohyun turned his gaze on you. His cold stare changed into a warm one as soon as his eyes met yours. He smiled sweetly as he ruffled your hair.

 

“I heard you’re going to Dongwoo’s today”, he said as he passed a bouquet of flower to you. You took it and quickly put it on the desk, not noticing the widened eyes of Sungyeol. ‘She’s not happy with the flower?’, Sungyeol thought silently.

 

“I am, wanna come with us?”, you said happily again.

 

“I don’t know, I still have so much to do in the florist”, he shrugged.

 

“Oh I see. Okay, I gotta go now Oppa, Hoya can’t fetch me so we’re just meeting there”, you said as you took your belongings and the bouquet, ready to go.

 

“Want me to take you there? I brought my bike”, Woohyun said, as he pointed out to the motorcycle outside the salon. You nodded happily, knowing that you didn’t have to take on taxi and go there yourself.

 

“You know me so well Oppa! Thanks! I’ll pay you back later”, you said as you gave him a big bear hug. You then let go of the hug and took Woohyun’s hand. “Let’s go! And, bye Sungyeol-sshi! I’ll call you later”, you said and went with Woohyun. Sungyeol just waved at you and smiled. ‘I hope her boyfriend gives the permission’

***

 

You finally reached Dongwoo’s restaurant. It was a big one, and a crowded one. All you could see was customers everywhere. Thank goodness you had already made a reservation, and the fact that Dongwoo was your bestfriend just made it a lot easier.

 

As soon as you stepped into the restaurant, delicious scent from various foods welcomed you warmly. You could hear chattering all over the place, and felt comfortable with the atmosphere. ‘Dongwoo Oppa is the best!’

 

“___-ah!”, Dongwoo exclaimed as he approached you to give a hug. You hugged him back. It had been a long time since you last met Dongwoo. The only communication you had were phone call and text. You missed his contagious smile and a long talk with him.

 

“Long time no see ___-ah. Busy salon’s staff right?”, Dongwoo said with a wide smile, which made you smiled back to him.

 

“Yup! And now this busy salon’s staff wants to taste the delicious food you have always bragged on the phone”, you joked as you rubbed your stomach. Dongwoo ruffled your hair lovingly, which had been a long time since he last did it. You smiled happily as soon as his warm palm made a contact with your hair.

 

“Okay! I’ll cook it specially for you! By the way, where is Hoya? You came here alone?”, he asked. He looked around to see if Hoya was there but of course, he wasn’t.

 

“Hoya will come later. I came here with Woohyun. But that’s not important, go cook the best food you can cook now Dongwoo Oppa, ‘cause this pretty dongsaeng of you is hungreeeyy”, you said happily, and then bounced off to the vacant seat next to the window. Dongwoo just shook his head and went back to his kitchen, starting to make delicious dish for you.

 

You anxiously waited for Hoya to come. You kept checking your phone, in case if Hoya called or texted you, but there was none. You glanced at the clock. ‘It’s lunch time already, where is he?’.

 

Food had already been served, yet Hoya hadn’t showed up. You kept looking from the window next to you, to see if Hoya’s car was around. You didn’t realize Dongwoo was coming over and took a seat across to you. Dongwoo stared at you with concern, as worry took over him.

 

“Is Hoya really coming ___-ah?”, Dongwoo asked, making you turned your attention to him. You sighed heavily in disappointment.

 

“I don’t know”, you said sadly, staring at the untouched food. You had decided not to start eating before Hoya came, knowing that Hoya probably hadn’t eaten either. But knowing that Hoya hadn’t showed up yet made you regretted your decision. ‘I should have eaten first’, you thought as you unconsciously pouted. Dongwoo just smiled, trying to comfort you, as his hand took the spoon and dug it to the food, taking a small bite of it and bringing it to you.

 

“Eat first. You look hungry”, he said heartwarmingly. You shook your head, rejecting the food like the 5-years-old child. “No, I’m waiting for Hoya”, you said as you stared to the window. You hoped that Hoya would show up from the end of the alley, but seems like your hope faded as you felt your phone buzzed.

 

To : ___-ah

Sorry ___-ah, the meeting isn’t finished yet and I already got lunch from the meeting. Are you at Dongwoo’s now?

 

Tears built up as soon as you read it. ‘Great’

 


Haha so dramatic. But thankfully after several long unimportant chapters, the story went back to real plot :D Thank you so much for reading and subscribing. Comments and subscribes are still loved! If you have anything to say just post a comment or post on my wall or maybe you can just pm me. Thanks <3