Chapter 33 - A Ring

The In Between

It was Tuesday today, so you were now working on the salon. Many of your customers came today, since you only worked for three days in the salon, making all of them re-scheduled their time to come to the salon. You handled so many customers today, and you felt tired because of it. You lifelessly went to the front desk, after you were finished with your last customer. You leaned your own head on it, feeling the coldness of the woodened desk. ‘I’m so tired’

 

You took this chance to think over several things. Lately, you felt your feeling towards Sungyeol changed a little bit. It wasn’t like a friend to friend feeling, it was more like a girl to her crush. You were confused because of it, and didn’t want to let yourself for falling for him. Not only because he was your boss, but also because of Hoya. Of course, he was your boyfriend, and you didn’t want to betray his trust on you. Besides, the main reason you accepted Sungyeol’s offer was because you wanted to keep up yourself with Hoya’s tight worklife, and it worked a bit. ‘I still love Hoya as my boyfriend right?’, you thought to yourself. You were really sure about it, but a little part of you just didn’t.

 

“Yo coordi-noona~”, a familiar voice cooed, making you to get up from where you leaned your head, and looked at the person who did that. As expected, it was Sungyeol. ‘How should I act? Why am I confused by myself?’

 

“Yah, I’m younger than you”, you said as you pouted, earning a chuckle from Sungyeol.

 

“You look like one with that tired face”, he teased. You just stuck out your tongue.

 

“I blame you for making me like this”, you teased back.

 

Sungyeol just smiled in concern.  He knew that tired expression you got was because of him. Being his make-up coordinator, you needed to follow him everywhere he go, even if it took hours to get there. And because of that, you rarely got home in time. Unlike him, who had got used to it, you still needed time to adapt and struggle with your natural-hours.

 

“Sorry ___-ah”, he said in concern. He then patted your head, like how Hoya and Woohyun always did to you. You looked up to him, feeling a little bit shocked. His palm gave you warmth as soon as it touched your head, but the warmth he gave wasn’t as warm as Hoya gave.

 

“Haha what’s with that expression? I’m older right?”, he said with a smile, keep patting your head. You just nodded and gave a smile in return. ‘I like the one Hoya did better’

 

Then, you heard a voice of a man clearing his throat. You turned your head to his direction, and as expected again, it was Woohyun. Sungyeol took his hand back to the pocket, and politely smiled to Woohyun. Woohyun just stared at him coldly and made his way to you. He slammed his hand hard on the desk, with something in it. It was a bouquet of red roses.

 

“Oppa, you scared me”, you said to him with shocked expression. Sungyeol just stared blankly at the roses, which their petals now scattered on the desk after being harshly slammed to the desk. ‘There goes my last flowers’

 

Woohyun just stared at you, dangerously. You flinched back at his stare. It wasn’t the usual way he stared at you, which was lovingly and dearly. This time it was more like angry and sad. You were confused, not knowing the reason behind that stare.

 

“This is going to be the last flowers I deliver for that damn stranger to you ___-ah”, he said, emphasizing that he didn’t like the stranger as he stared to Sungyeol. You didn’t notice it, since your gaze now fell on the red roses. ‘This is going to be the last? Why?’

 

“B-but why?”, you asked him, quizzically. You were a little bit disappointed since the flowers had been your mood booster lately. And now that you wouldn’t get it anymore, you were just confused. ‘Everything got confusing lately’, you said to yourself.

 

Woohyun and Sungyeol noticed this disappointed expression you got. Woohyun directly snapped at you. “Why? You were having fun playing with this stranger huh?”, he said coldly.

 

“I-it’s not like that. I’m just wondering though”, you said, with a scared tone. ‘Why is he like that?’

 

“Don’t act like that towards her”, Sungyeol said, earning a glare from Woohyun. Unlike what happened earlier, Sungyeol wasn’t scared of this stare anymore. He even now stared back at Woohyun, as cold as Woohyun did to him.

 

“Don’t hop into others’ problems. You’re no one”, Woohyun said to him. Sungyeol’s face made him really sick.

 

“Oppa, why are you like this?”, you said to him.

 

“Why did you stand for him? You like him ___-ah? Huh?!”, he said harshly to you. You just stared at him with confused stare. You didn’t get any reason for him to act like this.

 

“I didn’t stand for him. I don’t like how you act towards him, towards me. And if I did like him, you have no right to do anything with it. This is my life”, you said. It was silence for a while. Woohyun still stared at you with disappointed expression clearly plastered on his face.

 

“Fine. Do whatever you like. Just remember your promise to me ___-ah. Don’t break it for the second time”. Woohyun then left, leaving you and Sungyeol stood there in confuse.

 

‘Why is he like that?’

 

***

You were just about walked into the living room, when Hoya suddenly came out from the bathroom shirtless. You covered your eyes with your hands. “Oppa! Wear your shirt!”

 

Hoya just chuckled. Instead of getting a shirt for himself, he went closer to you, who were still covering your eyes. “Why? Don’t you like to see this?”, he said, pointing to his bare upper body. You just blushed and turned your body around, now backfacing him.

 

“Oppa, I’m blushing, stop it”, you said. Hoya just giggled to see your innocent act. It had been two years for both of you to live together, yet you were still not used to see Hoya being shirtless.

 

“Okay okay, wait up right? I have something to talk to you”, he said sweetly. ‘I hope you like my surprise ___-ah’

 

***

Hoya finally got shirts to wear, as he now walked towards you, who were sitting lifelessly on the couch. Tiredness radiated from you, which Hoya could just smiled in concern, not knowing what to do with it. He grabbed his own pocket, and could feel the hidden thing he kept in it. ‘I hope you’ll like this’

 

“Oh, Oppa, finally you are not shirtless”, you said, getting up from your position and sat back comfortably. You shuffled a bit to let Hoya sat next to you. He quickly flung his arm around your shoulder, and got himself closer to you. It had been a long time since he last did that, you were now blushing like a tomato. You felt your heart beat raced and blood rushed to your face. You missed this feeling, and ended up smiling by yourself.

 

“Why are you smiling by yourself?”, Hoya asked with a playful smile. You just smiled at him and shook your head. “Nothing hehe”

 

“By the way, it’s rare to see you at home at this hour. Don’t you have work?”, you asked. You were now leaning on him, letting yourself relaxed under his embrace. He felt tickled when you nuzzled your head to find a perfect position. You inhaled his scent deeply, trying to remember the last time you smelled his scent. ‘I really missed this scent’. As your head now on his chest, you could feel his heartbeat, thumping faster yet calming to your ear.

 

Hoya just smiled to see you like this. He your hair, giving warmth all over your body. You closed your eyes in comfortness. “I’ve finished it. Sorry for being busy lately”, he said.

 

“It’s okay Oppa. I understand”, you said. Hoya then started to move, as his hand now going through his pocket, looking for something.

 

“Looking for something Oppa?”, you asked as you got up from earlier position. Hoya just smiled at you once, and got busy with trying to find something in his pocket. Then, he finally took out a small red velvet box and smiled victoriously. You just giggled at his victorious smile, it looked like the smile of a pirates finding the lost treasure after years of journey. He then handed it to you.

 

“For you”, he said with smile. You looked at his eyes, which now were sparkling like stars. Then you moved your gaze to the box.

 

“What is it?”, you asked. Hoya just smiled mischiveously. You giggled to see how many kinds of smile that Hoya shown today.

 

Your giggle changed into an amused expression when he opened the box. It was a ring, with your name and Hoya’s name engraved on it. Hoya happily took your left hand, and put the ring on your ring finger. You were still in your own amusement. Never once you thought Hoya would buy you a ring. Besides, there wasn’t any special occasion today, so you really didn’t expect this.

 

“You look weird with that expression”, he said teasingly, earning a hit from you. You and him giggled happily, as it had been a long time too since you last hit his arm with your signature hit.

 

“What is this Oppa? Are you proposing me?”, you said.

 

“You can say that”. You felt your heartbeat raced again. Butterflies were now flying in formation in your stomach, and you couldn’t hold the urge to smile. Hoya seems was shy too, as he now nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Well, partly because I felt sorry towards you. I’ve been a bad boyfriend lately, leaving you alone while I’m busy with my works. And I’m afraid someone would snatch you if I didn’t claim you as mine”, he said again.

 

You quickly pulled him for a hug. You missed him really much. You forgot your own annoyance towards him. And as Hoya hugged you back tightly, you suddenly forgot your feeling towards Sungyeol. As Hoya whispered his love to you, you forgot about what happened towards you and Woohyun earlier. You just forgot everything.

 

‘I still love Hoya the most. I know it.’

 


Updated! Sorry for just updating now. I wrote a very long chapter here. And yeaaah Hoya gave her a ring and she was finally sure about her feelings, but there are still more dramas to come. Please anticipate it :D

Sorry for the wrong grammar, i made this in a rush.

Comments and subscribes are still loved :D