Chapter 38 - Airport pt. 1

The In Between

Sungyeol was just walked in the building of his management. As he stepped in the lobby, he saw you who was waiting for the elevator. Sungyeol smiled a bit, to have a first sight on you in the first day of the morning. He examined your facial expression from a far, and found no sadness or worry in it. ‘This is going to be a good day. No badmood her, and always good mood me. Maybe this good mood of me had transferred to her? Thank goodness she is no longer put that long face today’

 

He then walked towards you, and tapped your shoulder from behind. You turned around, and as you saw Sungyeol , you beamed your happiest smile to him.

 

“Good morning Sungyeol!”, you beamed. Sungyeol just chuckled and patted your head, happy to see your chilidish side the first in morning. ‘This morning is just too good to be true’

 

“Seems like you’re in good mood today. Happy to meet me?”, he joked, but half of his heart wanted his sentence to be true. You just chuckled at his joke.

 

“Partly?”, you joked back. Sungyeol’s heart skipped a bit. ‘Oh God, this is just too good to be true’

 

“But more like because Hoya will be back today. Finally! No more waiting!”, you said as you punched your fist to the air. Sungyeol’s expression went down as soon as he heard that. He then forced a smile as he tried to be happy with you. ‘See? It’s too good to be true’

 

***

You kept glancing on your watch. It had been three hours you were in the set for today’s schedule. It was a photosession for some fashion magazine, and it didn’t seem will end soon. You sat fidgetly, and still glancing on your watch. Hoya’s airplane would arrive in like an hour, and you were still in the set, not knowing whether you could go or not. And if you could, you were unsure if you could get to the airport in time. You wanted to call Hoya and tell him to wait for you, but it was impossible since Hoya now was still in airplane.

 

Sungyeol went to you after finishing his session, now it was Myungsoo’s session. He noticed your uneasy feeling, and quickly approached you.

 

“What happened ___-ah?”, he asked. You looked up to him and pouted.

 

“Hoya’s airplane will be arrived in like an hour, and I don’t know when this photosession end. I don’t even know if I could go or not. This is just stressing”, you said as you frowned. Sungyeol sighed at first, before taking seat beside you. He then patted your head, habit.

 

“Have you asked Hyung?”, he asked.

 

“I have. He said I could go when he came back, he said he was going somewhere first, and asked me to take care of you both until he got back here. It’s been an hour, but he still hadn’t showed up”, you said, complaining to him. You frowned as you stared blankly at your phone. Time still ticking, and went slowly as you knew you only had less than an hour to pick Hoya up.

 

Sungyeol thought hard to find a way for you to pick him up, although in his heart he wished Hoya would just drive himself home, so there was no need for you to pick him up. He tapped his chin as he tried to find a way out. You, on the other hand, were already hopeless about this. You then played your phone, as you twirled it in your hand.

 

Sungyeol felt awkward to see you like this. He was about to say something when suddenly the producer called him. “Sungyeol! Get ready for the next session!”

 

“Yes”, he said as he stood up. “I’ll be going ___-ah. As soon as Hyung comes back, ask him to let you go to the airport, okay?”. You just nodded weakly and let him went to the set for the next session. You sighed heavily. ‘I hope Hoya would wait for me to pick him up’

 

***

In half an hour, the photosession ended. You quickly gathered your stuffs and ready to go to the airport. You were about to walk out from the make up room, when the manager suddenly blocked your way.

 

“Where are you going ___-sshi?”, he asked, with a respectful tone. You  stopped your steps immediately and looked at him in the face.

 

“I’m going to pick someone up at the airport. Can I do that?”, you asked, politely. You hoped by being polite and nice, the manager wouldn’t ask much.

 

“You can’t ___-sshi, you need to go to the next schedule and wait until the schedule’s finished. I’ve sent you the schedule right?”, he said. ‘Sure he didn’t ask much, he directly prohibits me to go to airport’

 

“Can’t the other coordinators make it? I really need to go to the airport now”, you said, a little bit pleading to him. He sighed at first and shook his head.

 

“I’m sorry ___-sshi, there’s no other coordinators can make it for today. Do you really need to pick this someone up? I could send the chaffeur to do so”, he said, offering another way. You mentally scowled, and politely rejected his offer. It would mean nothing to have a chaffeur pick him up, when the real reason you wanted to do it was because you wanted to meet him.

 

You politely shook your head, and said no to his offer. You then lifelessly went back to the make up room, where Sungyeol and Myungsoo were getting themselves ready for the next schedule. Both of them noticed the long face you had.

 

“Aren’t you going to the airport ___-ah?”, Sungyeol asked concerningly. He actually felt happy inside, but he knew it was improper to show it, so he tried at least to look concerned to you. You plopped down to the chair as you let your stuffs fell to the floor.

 

“Your manager didn’t let me”, you said, again, complaining to Sungyeol. Myungsoo, who wasn’t interested at all, then walked out from the room, leaving the both of you in the room, alone. Sungyeol then walked to your side and slowly bent down on his knees. Now, he was on the same level with your knees.

 

“Do you really need to pick him up ___-ah? Isn’t he with the other workers from the company?”

 

“Well, yeah. But is it wrong for a girl to pick her boyfriend up after a week spent with no news from him? Besides, I’m sure if I’m not the one who make the move, both of us would end up being in a long distance relationship despite the fact we’re living together, under the same roof, and in the same house. Scratch that, maybe we wouldn’t be in a relationship at all”, you said, completely not bothering whether Sungyeol heard it right or not.

 

Sungyeol stayed in silent as he listened to all of your ranting. His heart flinched a bit as you said you were living in the same house with Hoya. ‘Has their relationship reached that far? Do I even have any chance?’

 

Your frown didn’t go since the last minutes. Sungyeol didn’t like to see it, since the frown was purely because of anger and hatred, not because of being annoyed to his jokes. In short, it was a serious frown, not a playful one.

 

He then sighed heavily, while you were trying to hold back your childish anger. You knew it wasn’t a big deal if you were not able to pick Hoya up. But somehow, the not-big-deal already become a-very-big-deal for you lately. Partly because you were worried about Hoya, and about your relationship. You were also worried about the feelings you had towards Sungyeol.

 

Lately, you felt a little bit different towards him, and also towards Hoya. Hoya’s image, lately had been replaced by Sungyeol’s. Usually, Hoya would pop out from nowhere in your mind everytime you were daydreaming, but now, it was replaced by Sungyeol. You knew, if this were going further, you might end up falling for Sungyeol and forgot Hoya. You didn’t want that to happen.

 

“Hey ___-ah”, Sungyeol said, making you turned your attention to him. He then grabbed your hand and pulled you up. You were now standing on your feet, no longer sitting.

 

“I’ll drive you there”, he said shortly, before running and dragging you along with him.


Sorry if it's boring :)

Comments and subscribes are loved :D