Chapter 19 - Sungyeol's Idea

The In Between

Sungyeol walked towards the black car which had been waiting for him since the first time he stepped into the building. He just finished his schedule today, a press conference for the next single he would promote together with Myungsoo. Several reporters from different newspapers and magazines came and gave a lot of questions, mostly about the song. Unlike any other day, when he would always answer them happily and cheerfully, Sungyeol responded the questions half-heartedly, but still trying to be polite as he kept smiling all the time. Thank goodness, the reporters didn’t notice the change of his act.

 

Sungyeol sighed as he sat in the car and closed the door. Myungsoo was already there, busy with his own phone and earphone on his ears, not even taking a glance on his hyung. Usually, Sungyeol would nag about his cold act and try to make him play with him. But today, Sungyeol just stayed in silent and let him busy with his phone, making Myungsoo confused. ‘He’s not noisy today, what happened?’

 

Sungyeol kept gazing out through window, looking at the night scene on the way home. He still felt a pain in his heart, as the scene of you and Hoya kept playing in his mind. He was really silent today, not even single word out from his mouth. Myungsoo looked at him skeptically, thinking that it was weird to see the happy-noisy-Sungyeol stayed in silence.

 

“Hyung, what happened?”, Myungsoo finally spoke up. He put away his phone and his earphones, ready to make his hyung spilled out about the things he worried about. Sungyeol turned his head to Myungsoo but slowly looked away from him as he said, “It’s nothing”. He then gazed out again.

 

Myungsoo sighed. If Sungyeol said ‘it’s nothing’, that means ‘something big’ happened to him. He knew his hyung too well. “You can’t lie to me Hyung”, Myungsoo said.

 

“I told you it’s nothing”, Sungyeol replied shortly, not even bother to look at his dongsaeng.

 

“Is it about ___?”, Myungsoo asked. ‘It must be about her. What else can bother him?’

 

Sungyeol stayed in silence, not wanting to answer the question. Myungsoo took this as a yes.

 

“You got rejected?”, Myungsoo asked again with a teasing tone. He expected Sungyeol would say no, as he thought Sungyeol wouldn’t have courage to confess to you.

 

“You can say that”, Sungyeol said shortly, making Myungsoo stared at him with the eyes almost out from its socket.

 

“You confessed?”, Myungsoo stared at him in disbelief. He couldn’t believe what he had heard. Sungyeol got rejected? Since when he planned to confess to you? Correction, since when Sungyeol completely fell in love with you? All Myungsoo knew, Sungyeol just thought you were beautiful and had a crush on you, which he wouldn’t take a serious action to it.

 

“I didn’t”, the older said again.

 

“Did you plan to?”

 

“Yes, but not in this mean of time. Maybe later”

 

“What the- Yah! I thought it was only a crush. You never took serious action if it’s only a crush. Did you fall for her?”, Myungsoo exclaimed. He didn’t bother about the fact that the manager was there, driving the car. The manager could have just scolded both Myungsoo and Sungyeol for talking about romance. But seems like the manager didn’t bother either, since he was too tired to join the conversation.

 

“I don’t think it’s only a crush. It feels different”, Sungyeol said shortly again, making Myungsoo got annoyed even more.

 

“How could you! You know our career would be in mess if you started a romance with any girl. And from all of the girl in the world, why does it have to be the salon’s worker?”, Myungsoo said harshly. He didn’t understand his hyung’s mind. He wanted the best explanation Sungyeol could tell him.

 

“She’s different”. That was the only thing Sungyeol said. Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he decided to stop asking and let his hyung gone to his own world. He fed up with Sungyeol being heels over head with you, a salon worker he just randomly met in a random salon. ‘If I knew it will end up like this, I wouldn’t help him buying those flowers’.

 

Then, silent again in the car. No one was bothered to say any words, as Sungyeol now gazing at nowhere with his mind kept thinking on you.

 

‘Does it mean I have to give up ___-sshi?’, Sungyeol thought as he felt another great pain hit her heart, hard. He put his hand on his chest, clenching it. ‘It will be hard to do’

 

Suddenly, a hoarse voice of the manager heard. “Speaking of salon, I just remembered that your coordi noona gave me her letter of resignation earlier. That means we need to find another make-up coordinator for you guys. Have any connection with anyone who is good in doing make up? That would be helping me a lot”, the manager said as his eyes still on the road. He scratched his head in desperation since it was hard to find a make-up coordinator who suited the boy’s taste.

 

Sungyeol, at first, ignored his manager’s saying, as he really didn’t care about it. He never asked much about how his make-up should be done or which clothes he should wear. Myungsoo did. So, Sungyeol was about to go back to his own deep thought, when the idea suddenly popped out from nowhere. Sungyeol almost screamed in excitement, thinking how genius he was. ‘Brain, thank you so much!’

 

“How about recruiting ___-sshi? You know, the one I always visit on that famous salon”, Sungyeol said, earning a glare from Myungsoo, who was still dealing with his anger towards his hyung.

 

“What?! NO!”, Myungsoo said harshly.

 

“Oh the one you keep sending those flowers right?”, the manager said, making Sungyeol blushed like a tomato. “I heard she is the best hair-stylist in that salon. Can she do make ups too?”

 

“Yes she can! Can we just recruit her, Hyung? At least, until you find the right one for us. Please?”, Sungyeol pleaded. If he could be on his knee, he would, but he was still in his car so he ended up putting his hand together and begging his manager.

 

“Yeah, okay. You talk to her. And remember my words, I don’t wanna see any romance between you two when it comes to work. I don’t care if you love her or what, just be professional. You understand?”, the manager said, literally lecturing Sungyeol. Sungyeol happily exclaimed as he almost jumped from his seat, wanting to hug his manager.

 

“Thank you Hyung! You’re the best!”, he said as he smiled stupidly. Myungsoo just rolled his eyes, couldn’t believe what he had heard. ‘Great’, he thought.

 

Sungyeol stared at the night scene once again. This time, with his face full of smile and happiness. He knew, having you as his make-up coordinator would make it easier to get close to you.

 

‘I’m not giving up. I know I still have a chance’


Going through writer's block haha. Sorry for the wrong grammar. Comments and subscribes are still loved :D