Chapter 18 - It's Hurt To Be Jealous

The In Between

Days passed and it had been two weeks since Hoya went for a business trip. Today would be the day of Hoya going back home, which made you anticipated it. You were literally hopping all the way to the salon, as you finally would be meeting Hoya after two weeks. You had called Woohyun to accompany you to the airport. You wanted to be the first person Hoya met so you emphasized the words ‘Don’t be late’ to Woohyun as you knew he was the type of not-in-time guy.

 

You kept smiling all the day and were on fire to give your best service. A happy feeling radiated from you and it affected all the customers that they were smiling too as they saw your smile. ‘Today would be the best day for this month!’

 

“In a good mood ___-sshi?”, a sound said, making you turned your face around to find Sungyeol stood there, smiling as he took off his shades.

 

“You can say that Sungyeol-sshi. What you up to? Hairstyling?”, you asked back as you cleaned up the mess you made.

 

“Yes. And… I want you do it”, he said shyly. It was the first time he asked you to hairstyle his hair. Usually, other staff would do it for him.

 

You chuckled and said, “We’ve been talking for several months and this is the first time you ask me to hairstyle your hair. Okay then, have a seat, I’ll be back in a second”. Then, you quickly went to get the appliances you need. You went back to him with hairdryer, some gel and hairspray, and combs.

 

Sungyeol’s POV

This was the first time I asked her to style my hair. I actually wanted to do it long time ago, but my heart wasn’t ready yet to have her touch me directly. Silly me, but that’s the truth.

 

She went back to me with several things on her hand. She then asked me to face the mirror, and getting started with her work.

 

As soon as her hand touched my head, my breath hitched. I suddenly felt nervous, and had my heart thump loudly. I put my hand on my chest, trying to calm it down while praying that ___-sshi wouldn’t notice it. She seemed not bothered about it, she was too concentrated with her works. Haha work-a-holic ___sshi. I unawarely stared at her for a long time through the mirror, admiring her beauty. ‘___-sshi, why so beautiful?’

 

“Something on my face Sungyeol-sshi?”, she suddenly asked, interrupting my time to admire her natural beauty. She smiled sweetly and it just made me more nervous than before.

 

“N-no, it’s nothing”, I said. Why stuttering Sungyeol? Argh I looked so stupid. Well, everyone becomes stupid when it comes to love. Yeah, I completely fell for her now. At first, I only saw her as a too beautiful staff in this salon and it slowly grew into a feeling of love. Haaah, I wished I could make her fall for me the way I fell for her too.

 

“Are you really okay Sungyeol-sshi?”, she asked again, making me realized that I was smiling stupidly on the reflection. She giggled to see my stupid face while silently continued her work. Argh, okay, new image on me, stupid.

 

Narrator’s POV

You kept giggling to see Sungyeol’s stupid grin from the reflection. He had been doing it for the last several minutes, and you found it really cute. It gave you the urge to smile widely to see his gum shown in the weird way. ‘He is funnier in person than on TV’. Just like him, you then smiled stupidly all the time you were doing his hair.

 

“Done, Sungyeol-sshi. How is it? If you don’t like it I can change it”, you said as you cleaned up the appliances. He, who was dazzling before, shook his head and cutely said, “No! It’s really good. You sure are the best hairdresser ever ___-sshi!”

 

You chuckled at his sentence as you saw him posing in front of the mirror. You didn’t realize someone was walking towards you and suddenly, you felt a pair of hand covering your eyes.

 

“Guess who~”, the person said as he tightly covered your eyes. ‘Those voice…’, you thought as you quickly pulled out from the man’s hand and turned around.

 

“Hoya Oppa!’, you exclaimed as you quickly hugged him, ignoring the fact that you were still in the salon, there were customers looking at you, and there was Sungyeol right behind you. Hoya hugged you back tightly, making you drown in his chest. You inhaled deeply to get a better smell on his scent. ‘I miss this scent’

 

Hoya then let you go as he caught several customers were whispering each other.

 

“So sweet”

“___-sshi and he really make a good couple”

“Aaa, they are perfect!”

 

You quickly fixed your uniform as you shyly smiled to the customers. You even saw the manager shook her head while chuckling at your action, making you smiled awkwardly to her.

 

“So aggressive”, Hoya spoke up, earning a hit on his arm, which he missed the most when he was in the trip. “Your hits get stronger everyday”, he said teasingly as he rubbed his arm. ‘I miss you ___-ah’

 

“Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to arrive this evening?”, you asked. You were disappointed since you weren’t able to welcome him, although you had planned it.

 

“I lied, haha. I wanted to surprise you and it works, doesn’t it?”, he said as he ruffled your hair.

 

“Meanie~ I actually wanted to be the first person you see as you got here you know. I’ve planned to pick you up later with Woohyun”, you said as you pouted.

 

“You can never be the first person I see as I got here ___-ah. I would have met the flight attendance, the passengers, and the security guards long before I met you”, he said teasingly. You put a face and faked a hit on his arm.

 

“I’m just kidding. You’re the first person I went to right after the plane landed”, he said sweetly.

 

“So corny~”, you said as you sticked out your tongue. You really missed the moment like this when he was out for the trip. It was only two weeks and you were almost died of missing him. You couldn’t imagine if you didn’t meet him for any longer times. “Where are you going now Oppa? Home? Should I drive you home now?”, you asked again, offering him to take him home while actually you still had so much work to do.

 

“Nah~ I’m going to Woohyun’s and treat him for a lunch. I owe him much for taking care of you while I’m gone. Wanna come?”, he said again as he wrapped his hand around your shoulder. You were about to say yes, when you remembered that there were so many customers had booked you to do their hair.

 

“I can’t Oppa~ I’m sorry, I just remembered I still have many customers to meet”, you said as you pouted again in disappointment. You silently cursed yourself for taking those appointments when you knew Hoya would be home today.

 

“It’s okaaay, let’s just go together later okay? I’m going now. See you at home”, he said as he let you go and went to the front door. You waved at him and caught him mouthed, “I miss you”. You chuckled and mouthed back “I miss you too”

 

As soon as Hoya went away with his car, you turned around to see Sungyeol already stood there, with a little bit disappointed face.

 

“Is he your boyfriend ___-sshi?”, he asked with pained eyes, but you didn’t notice it as you were busy again cleaning up the appliances and the mess.

 

“Yup. He’s nice right?”, you said as you smiled stupidly. You were happy to see Hoya again after two weeks not meeting him, giving you the urge to hum random song, and hop around as you walked like a little bunny.

 

“Yeah, you make a good couple with him ___-sshi”, he said, half-heartedly, but trying not to make it obvious that he was in pain to see you act lovey-dovey with Hoya.

 

“Thank you so much!”, you said happily. “Are you going to pay? I’ll take you to the cashier then”

 

He shook his head. “No need to, I can go by myself. Thanks a lot for the styling ___-sshi, it’s really good”

 

You smiled at him as you said, “Your welcome Sungyeol-sshi”. Then you left him to put the appliances to where they were kept. Sungyeol’s gaze followed you until you were out of his sight. He sighed heavily as he felt a great pain on his heart.

 

‘I never knew being in love would be a lot of pain like this’

 


Another update! Hoya is back! Hoho.

I wanna say thank you so much to my subscribers who already subscribe this story although it's a boring plot, but thanks! Special thanks for KyungMe_MVP and lalalalala for always commenting on each updates. Thanks a lot for reading this.

And please do support my other fanfic, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/178114/fallen-angel-fantasy-exo-baekhyun it's my first fantasy story i've ever made, with EXO as the characters hahaa. i love them and they kinda ruining my bias list, but still Hoya and Infinite is on my first priority :D

And last but not least, subscribes+comments are still loved :)