Chapter 13 - You and Woohyun pt. 3

The In Between

*Flashback*

 

“Oppa! Wait up!”, you said as you tried to catch up with Woohyun. He stopped walking and finally you reached his place. You breathed heavily and tried to get your normal breath back. “You… walk… too… fast”, you said between your heavy breaths.

 

Woohyun’s cold expression got softened as he saw you were drowning in perspiration. He took out his handkerchief and wiped your sweaty forehead. As you got your normal breath, you looked up to his face and said, “Thanks”. You then took his handkerchief to wipe your sweat yourself.

 

Woohyun just smiled. “Make sure you’ve washed it before returning it”, he said as he started to walk away from you, continuing his aimless walking.

 

“Yah that’s not sweet at all”, you said as you walked towards him. You matched his pace and pouted next to him. Woohyun chuckled and ruffled your hair lovingly. You smiled, thinking it was a good time to talk to him.

 

“Where are we going Oppa?”, you asked after 10 minutes of aimless walking.

 

“Nowhere, just walking around. If you wanna go home, I’ll walk you home”, he said as he put his arm around your shoulder. “Although I prefer you are here, accompanying me walking”

 

“I’ll go home later then”, you said sweetly. “By the way, what happened actually?”

 

“I broke up, as usual”, he said lightly, as if it wasn’t a serious problem.

 

“You know what? You should stop being a bad player, Oppa”, you said.

 

“I’m not playing around, I’m trying to move on”

 

“From your first girlfriend?”, you asked again.

 

‘From you, ___-ah’, he thought. He didn’t bother to answer your question directly and you took it as a yes.

 

“What so good about her Oppa? Well, she’s nice, but it doesn’t mean you can’t move on from her. There’s a lot better girl out there you know”, you said again, literally lecturing him.

 

Woohyun still stayed in silence, letting you talk on your own. You couldn’t take it anymore. You pulled out from Woohyun’s arm and faced him.

 

“Oppa, c’mon, you’re handsome and nice. Use it to find your true love. Stop playing around like this. I know every girl would fall for your handsome face and sweetness”

 

‘Yeah, every girl, but you’

 

Woohyun just nodded. You smiled to see his reaction and patted his shoulder. “Good, forget about her already. She’s not worth it. You deserve a better girl”

 

‘I wished I could forget about you. You worth my whole life and you’re the best girl for me’, he thought again. But he couldn’t find any courage to say it out loud. He let those mind went and ruffled your hair. “I understand ___-ah, are you done talking? I’ll walk you home if you are”

 

“Should I say yes?”, you said cutely. Woohyun kept ruffling your hair, or I should say, messing your hair. You both then continued your walking again. This time, both of you walked to your house.

 

After several minutes of silence, you decided to speak up. “Oppa, why are you breaking up with Soojin? Isn’t she nice?”

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened, he didn’t expect you would ask about it. He then just said, “I don’t feel any chemistry with her”. You just nodded on his sentence. You didn’t know Woohyun was silently sighed a relief that you didn’t ask more about it.

 

The real reason he broke up with Soojin was you. Although he was going out with Soojin, he kept spending his time together with you, putting more attention to you, and gladly leaving Soojin for you. Soojin didn’t like it and asked him to stay away from you, or at least, not too caring of you. At first, he ignored her request, but she kept mentioning it everyday and got him felt annoyed. He then just decided to break up with her, which earned him a hard slap on his face.

 

But he didn’t care. He didn’t love her on the first place. He actually just used her—and other his ex-girlfriends—to make him forget about his love, which surprisingly, was you.

 

He was the closest to you that the other two, as both of you had befriended since childhood. He always showered you with his love, but he realized, his love to you was a one-sided love as you only saw him as brother. He was afraid of losing you if he insisted to get you as his girlfriend. He then decided to find other girl who can turn his attention from you, which made him now a bad player. He had gone out with many girls, but still, no one could replace you in his heart.

 

“Oppa, why did you say that earlier?”, you spoke again.

 

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrow in confusion.

 

“The ‘it’s not that I would be one of you’s girlfriend’”, you said as you did a quotation sign. “It made me awkward to you guys you know. You even threatened Dongwoo Oppa like that. It’s not nice.”

 

Woohyun put his hands in his pocket. He actually regretted the word he said earlier. But he wasn’t in the mood to hear a joke like that and ended up saying harsh things to his hyung.

 

“Sorry then”, he said half-heartedly. “But I was right, right? You won’t be any of us’ girlfriend. You are our best friend after all”

 

“What if I got to be any of you’s girlfriend?”, you said.

 

“Just promise me you won’t”, he said shortly.

 

“But-“, your sentence got cut off as Woohyun suddenly gripped your shoulder and made you face him.

 

“Please ___-ah, just this once, Promise me you won’t be any of us’ girlfriend. Just… promise me”, he said in serious tone.

 

He didn’t like the idea of you going out with other guy, leaving him alone without you on his side. He knew his heart would ache to see you with other guy. It would only add salt to his wound if the other guy was either Dongwoo or Hoya. He knew none of them was good enough for you, but what he knew the most was he couldn’t bear the pain to see you going out with one of them. That’s why he asked you to promise him, to save his heart from a great pain feeling.

 

You were silent for awhile. Woohyun looked you with pained eyes and gripped your shoulder harder, causing you to wince in pain.

 

“O-okay Oppa, I promise”, you said.

 

*Present*

 

Woohyun found you asleep on his shoulder. He then picked you up and brought you to your bedroom. He laid you softly on the bed, and your hair lovingly.

 

‘From all the promises, why you have to break this one?’, he thought as he saw your peaceful face. He then went back to the living room and sat on the couch. He remembered your annoyed face as you knew Hoya had extended his trip. He knew you were feeling lonely, it was rare to see you annoyed on something like this.

 

‘I know Hoya wasn’t good enough for you ___-ah’


I divide the flashback chapter into two chapters since it's too long. National exam in two weeks and seems like i can't update till then. Sorryyyyy. Wish me luck with my exam :'D comments and subscribes are loved :D