Chapter 4 - First Meeting with Sungyeol

The In Between

Since that day, Woohyun would come everyday to deliver a bouquet of flower for you. You felt happy, touched, and confused in the same time. You had asked Hoya about this but he said the bouquet wasn’t from him. He went in curiosity too as he didn’t like someone trying to court his girlfriend. He kept suspecting random people trying to steal his beloved girl. Although it was obvious, he didn’t want to admit that he was kinda… jealous. You just felt happy to know that Hoya was really cared about you.

 

You were preparing to meet your customer when you saw all of the staffs and customers, which most of them were girls, being fangirling and squealing. You tried to figure what made them like that as you saw two handsome men entered the salon.

 

“Kyaaa Oppa~ sign this for me please~”

“Oppa~ can I take pictures with you?”

“Oppa I love you!”

“Oppa be mine please!”

 

The men just smiled and waved at the girls, making them melted and squealed even more. The men then sat on the reserved seats and the crowd started to gather around them.

 

“They sure are really cool aren’t they ___-ah?”, one of the staff said to you

 

You just answered half heartedly, “They just look like other idols I think. Craving for attention and trying to act perfect although they are not”

 

“You hate idols don’t you?”

 

“No, I don’t. It’s just…. never found any idol who would act normally and nice. You know, all idols who come to our salon always act arrogant to us, never show respect, and… cocky”, you said.

 

She just nodded her head, agreeing with your argument. Then both of you heard the girls were squealing again since one of the men smiling at them.

 

You just rolled your eyes, thinking how stupid the girls were, as you made your way to meet your another regular customer.

 

“Good morning Ms. Park, how can I help you?”, you said politely to your customer.

 

“Good morning ___-sshi, I just want you to get my hair cut. I think it grew too long now”, she replied.

 

You bowed to her and showed her the way, then let her sat on one of the seat, which was next to the seat the men sat on.

 

The crowd started to dismissed, leaving the men alone. The staffs who should be styling their hair, walked towards them shyly. They then started their work, and so did you. You were really concentrating on Ms. Park’s hair, you didn’t realize the staring that the men gave at you.

 

You finally finished with Ms. Park and let her pay to the cashier. As she left, you started to clean up the mess.

 

“You are too beautiful to work on a beauty salon”, one of the men said, out of nowhere. The one who was doing his hair blushed, and then replied, “Thank you so much”

 

The other man, who was younger, rolled his eyes and said rudely, “Not you, he means the one on your right which seems really busy with her work that she didn’t even respond to my friend’s praising”

 

The staff blushed in embarrassment, ignored the pain that the younger one gave to her, and then continued her work.

 

You heard all of the talk and got furious due to the rude act the man gave to the staff, which was your friend. You were about to confront him as you heard the other man talked, “Yah Kim Myungsoo, stop acting rudely. It’s my fault for talking out of nowhere. No wonder she got misunderstood”

 

The younger then rolled his eyes again and mouthed ‘sorry’ to the staff.

 

You stood there, dumbfounded. You found it rare to see an idol acting nice to the staffs of the salon. Usually, idols would act harsh and rude towards the staffs.

 

You looked at one of the man, the one who praised you before. He flashed a grin, showing his gum which you found really cute. You both exchanged gaze and snapped out of it as the other one said, “Sungyeol-hyung, stop smiling stupidly and let’s get going. We are late for our next schedule.”

 

The one who was called Sungyeol then get up from his seat and bowed at you. You bowed back and saw him walking to your direction.

 

“Hi, I’m Sungyeol”, he said.

 

“Hello Sungyeol-sshi, I’m-“

 

“___-sshi, right?”, he cut.

 

You tilt your head in confusion, yet still managed to nod.

 

“I heard that you are the best hairdresser here, maybe I should have you do my hair”, he continued and smiled widely.

 

You chuckled and said, “Maybe next time Sungyeol-sshi, you have already had your hair styled”

 

He scratch his head nervously, “Yeah, you’re right, maybe next time. You know what ___-sshi, I was thinking if-“

 

“HYUNG HURRY! We’re late!”, the other one screamed from the front door. Sungyeol groaned, as he didn’t like how his friend cut his sentence. You just giggled to see Sungyeol’s annoyed face.

 

“What are you going to say Sungyeol-sshi?”, you asked, surpressing your giggle.

 

“Nevermind. Sorry, I should be going now or Myungsoo’s gonna kill me. Let’s have a longer chat next time”, he said shyly.

 

You smiled and thought Sungyeol really cute for being shy all around you. He then walked away from you, but stopped and turned back to face you.

 

“And I really mean it”, he said again.

 

“What are you talking Sungyeol-sshi?”

 

He smiled shyly and had a slight blush as he said, “That you are too beautiful to work at a beauty salon”

 

You kinda blushed on his word, “Thank you so much Sungyeol-sshi, good day”.

 

And then he left with his friend. You smiled as you saw Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s little cat fight outside the salon and then continued with your work.

 

“He seems… really nice”, you thought.

 


Chapter 4 is up! Sorry for the wrong grammars. Comments and subscribes are still loved :)