Chapter 8

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

There are lots of signs in life. 

Physical signs, emotional signs, and signs from our subconscious that warn us about people and decisions that we make. 

Different religions even talk about signs which tells us about the end of the world. 

That one's a bit cool right? 

But what about emotional signs and those from our subconscious? How do we know those are actual signs?

Maybe we're just deluding ourselves into believing something is going to happen, when in reality, nothing's going on. 

Then you have the the physical signs, the ones that provide evidence that something is happening or will happen.

Why am I even going on about signs anyway?

I always get those things mixed up, I've been friend zoned once and it wasn't pretty. 

So now that I'm getting all these signs from Taehyung, I'll choose to ignore them, this is not the time in my life to be involved in any sort of relationship. 

I lean back in my chair as the conductor gives us some pointers for our performance coming up next week. To be honest, I like playing in an orchestra, but what I don't like are the lectures after wards. 

I sneakily pull my phone from my pocket as I feel it buzz for the hundredth time since I've been at practice. I bite my lip as I tried to stifle a giggle, Taehyung has sent me another one of his silly selfies, but this time the other members seem to be photo bombing him. 

Since the moment I've given him my phone number he hasn't stopped texting me, sometimes just to check up on me, other times just to annoy me, but he mostly sends selfies. 

Lots, and lots of selfies. 

My phone buzzes once more with a text message from him. 

"Where are you? There's a staff meeting in five minutes." 

I sigh as Conductor Smith drones on and on about the violinists' section. 

"Practice was over ten minutes ago, the conductor's not done with us yet. And I'm technically not a staff member." 

"Okay, that's it for today," myself along with the four other English speakers stand up before one of the assistant conductors could translate. 

"Um, could Mi Na and Hye Soon remain behind for a moment." 

Just great. 

I quickly pack my cello into its case and watch longingly as the others exit the stage. 

Lucky b*st*rds. 

Conductor Smith walks over to Hye Soon and I with a small smile on his face. He's originally from somewhere in Europe, I never really paid attention whenever he decides to go on about his homeland. 

"For the show next week, as you may know we had invited a special performer but due to some sudden medical issues he can't make it. So, there's an opening for a solo cello piece." 

That's nice. Hye Soon will probably jump at the opportunity since she has self-proclaimed that she's not only the best cello player in the orchestra, but the all-round best player in the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra since its establishment. 

A bit cocky right? 

On top of that, she hates my guts. 

"You two are our top performers so it was a really hard decision, but we decided to go with Mi Na." 

Sh*t. Just my luck. 

"Yah, what is he saying?"

I sigh at her question, "the person who was supposed to perform dropped out, so there's a spot open for a solo piece."

She smiles widely then bows deeply at Conductor Smith. 

It's no

Please log in to read the full chapter