Chapter 39

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Gangnam Police Precinct

"Detective Kang," I let out an exaggerated snore at the sound of my name, "I know you're not sleeping you bum."

I groan then remove my from feet from the desk as I glare at my partner of nine years. "Yah! Are you crazy? Don't you know never to wake a sleeping lion?"

He sighs, "sleeping lion my foot, you think I'm paying my taxes so you can sleep on the job?"

I sit up and look around the sudden bustling office, "what's the matter? Why is everyone so frazzled? Did we get a case?"

He sighs once more then stands, "yeah, we did. The entire precinct to be exact, I don't know much about it but the Chief is here," he glances at his watch then looks at me, "you might want to wipe that drool off your face, we have a meeting to attend." 

I ignore his teasing tone then follow closely behind him as we make our way to the briefing room, I let out a low whistle as the scene, the room has reached its full capacity so Tae Oh and I ended up standing by the door. Our Chief of Police stands at the front of the room with that no-nonsense look on his face, I sigh softly as I know that it's just a show, he doesn't scare anybody - well he doesn't scare me. 

"Alright settle down," the room immediately grows quiet then the screen lights up with the picture of a young girl, "this is Choi Mi Na, in less than an hour she'll be officially missing," he sighs before continuing, "this is a very high profile case so all departments will be operating. However, Detective Kang from Homicide and Detective Gon from Missing Persons will be your team leaders. Report every single thing to them, let's try our best to not let this be a cold case. That's all." 

I sigh as the Chief takes his exit, my partner turns to me with raised eyebrows, "why are you leading on this?"

I shrug my shoulders then quickly follow the Chief. "Chief!" he ignores me and keeps on walking, "father!"

He stops with slumped shoulders then turns to face me. "Seo Joon-ah, do your best on this case okay?"

I look at him, "what's going on? Why is everyone on a mere missing person's case?"

He sighs deeply, "this is not just a mere case. All our jobs are on the line if this turns into a homicide. You're a good detective so I need both you and your department on this."

I place my hand on my hip, "just who is this Choi Mi Na?"

He sighs once more, "not only is she from a powerful family but she has friends in high places, the last time I got this many calls was during the Sewol Ferry incident." 

I watch as he sighs tiredly then walks away from me, with a sigh of my own I return to the room where Detective Gon has already taken charge and issuing out instructions to the officers. I nudge my partner then whisper softly, "did Gon get a nose job?"

He looks at the fellow detective then stifles a laugh at the shape of his nose, "but why does it look so crooked?" 

Tae Oh turns to face me with a sigh, "I'm not doing this with you today, I'm not being pulled into your shenanigans. Gon assigned me to question members of the orchestra which the missing person is apart of. I should get going." 

I shake my head at him, "it's no use, they won't know anything. Let's go to her house instead, you got an address?" he lifts a clipboard from the table then raises his eyebrows as he glances at it, "what?"

He shows me the paper a

Please log in to read the full chapter