Chapter 7

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Why do we get stressed? 

And if we know that we're stressed, why don't we stop doing the things that stresses us out in the first place? 

Stress is both a biological and psychological response to any stimulus or threat in our surroundings. 

So, is science saying that our jobs, school and our families are a threat to our wellbeing? 

What the hell science? 

"What is this place?" 

I smile widely at Taehyung as he pulls off his mask and look around. During my rebellious years I spent a lot of nights in this area, I found it relaxing and peaceful to just be anywhere but in the presence of my home. 

Ignoring his question, I take two steps forward and scan the well designed interior, "this is the dome. I found it one night when I was wandering around," I point to one the many graffiti that sits on the wall, "I drew this." 

He stands beside me and looks at the drawing, "what is it suppose to be? It looks weird."

I looked at it and smile happily, "it's a visual depiction of the stress I was feeling four years ago. When I was sixteen I used to sneak into bars and play the pieces I composed, I played the guitar and piano along with my cello without any interference. When my father would critique my compositions, normal people would cheer me on and applaud."

He nods his head, "is that how you got to work at YG?"

I smile, "yeah. It was around that time I got into the Philharmonic Orchestra too, then when I turned seventeen I got early admission into Seoul National. So I was producing, taking university courses and playing in an orchestra, all at the age of seventeen."

He widens his eyes at the information, "wow, that's a lot."

I nod my head at him, "whatever stress you're feeing right now, I've been there and back, so I know how you feel when you're asked to push above and beyond."

He closes his eyes and let out a happy sigh, "it's so quiet here."

I take hold of his arm and gently pulls him to the entrance of the dome, "if you shout, you can hear your echo. Try it."

He shakes his head, "what should I say? You go first."

I giggle then nod my head, "I don't want to be a part of the Sydney Orchestra!"

I watch as a look of amazement come over his face while my voice echoes through the dome.

He's so easy to please.

"Okay, I'll try," he takes a deep breath, "I'm not happy all the time! I get stressed too! I feel alone too! I have worries too!"

I stretch my hand toward his shoulder but I retract before I touched him. Maybe he won't want my sympathy, so I won't cross any lines.

"How do you feel?" he turns to me and smiles happily, "I'll take that as something positive. Think you can go back to the studio now?" he nods his head and walks away, "you're going in the wrong direction."

He quickly turns around and run pass me, "I knew that. Hurry up Choi Mi Na!"

I shake my head at his silliness then follow closely behind him.

~~~~~~~~

"Again." he stops and sighs deeply then sings the lines once more.

I listened closely then stop the music, "again." He glares at me then reaches for his water bottle.

When we returned to the studio, Taehyun

Please log in to read the full chapter