Chapter 37

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

I should write a novel. 

Maybe I should write a memoir. 

It's a guarantee that it'll be a bestseller. 

With all the information I've garnered in the pass few hours, I could totally write a dramatic novel. 

With a sudden plot twist such as this, I'm sure the readers would be on the edge of their seat. 

D*mn, maybe I should write a book. 

I exit the elevator and march towards his office, ignoring the friendly smile of his receptionist, I open the door, breathing rather heavily. 

"Mi Na-ah. What are you doing here?"

I look at him, then I notice at the occupants of his office. Taehyung winks playfully at me, I try to flash him a small smile but for the life of me I couldn't even move the necessary facial muscles to carry out such a simple action. 

"Um...I think we should talk."

He nods his head at me, "no problem. I'll just finish up with the boys-"

I interject as my patience begins to run thin, "I'm sure the boys can wait. This is really important and I don't have all night." 

He nods his head at me with a strange look then looks at Namjoon, "we'll talk soon." 

They all bow at him then get up and walk out, Taehyung however secretly squeezes my hand on his way out, and this time I'm able to crack a small smile. I close the door behind them then sigh heavily, trying to gather my thoughts before I start, but he beat me to it though. 

"Is everything okay?"

I shake my head at his question, "did you get it? Think back to a few years ago, around the time I was born, did you get her letter?" 

His pen falls from his fingers as he looks at me in shock, "Mi Na-ah..." 

I bite back a sob, "so is that why you followed me around in secret? And came to all of my shows? You knew all along, but why didn't you say anything?" 

He runs his fingers through his hair with a sigh, "where should I start?" the tears fall down my cheek as I sit before him, "I thought that I could get over her, but I couldn't, she was - well is the love of my life. So when she was on tour I found myself in Japan, I just had to see her, and that night was just beautiful. But she had to continue touring and I had to return to South Korea, we didn't make any plans as to what would happen after that night, we were just so happy to see each other."

I nod my head, "so you did get the letter?"

He nods his head, "I was so devastated, that letter meant that she was gone from me forever. Just when I made everything right with my parents, I was going to marry your mother, but then the letter came almost a month after her death."

I furrow my eyebrows at that, "wait, so she wasn't married to my father?"

He shakes his head, "like I told you that time, we were all friends, really close friends. By the time I flew to New York, Dae Jung-ssi had already pulled all the legal strings he could possibly think of. I tried to fight for you but I lost to him, he's just too powerful, so I resorted to watching you from afar. You became my motivation, I thought that if I became someone as influential as I am now, then maybe I could fight once more."

He blinks the tears away, "but it took longer than I expected, you became a legal adult and my lawyers said it would be a useless battle." 

I run my fingers through my hair then dry my tears, "I didn't even know that I was born prematurely, no wonder some of my organs don't work properly," I sigh at my not-so-funny joke, "I have so many questions. What do I do? Where do I go from here?" 

He sighs as well, "if you don't want to go back to Dae Jung-ssi there's space in my house."

My soft scoff tu

Please log in to read the full chapter