Chapter 52

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Wake up." 

"Wake up, my pretty." 

I hear the voice, but I don't dare to open my eyes, I don't want to look on his face, I don't want to see the evil in his eyes. 

But I had no choice when he slaps me. 

"I told you to wake up didn't I? Why do you always make me hurt you like this? Don't you know how much I love you?" 

I quickly sit up on the bed, with my hand to my cheek, I start to cry. 

"Don't do that, you know how sad I get when you cry," he takes my hands in his, "tell you what, why don't we take this off, and get you in a nice warm bath?"

I pull my hands away from him.

I shouldn't have done that. 

Before I know it, he grabs me by the hair and drags me off the bed. He doesn't stop there though, holds me by my roots and drags my body like a rag doll to the bathroom. 

I don't know what happened after that, the darkness welcomed me once again. 

"Mi Na-ssi! Mi Na-ssi!" 

I jump out of my sleep and look around wildly, I feel someone's touch on my hand, but my mind immediately registers it as that psycho's touch. I place both my hands over my ears and shake my head from side to side. 

"Leave me alone." 

There's a moment of silence before she speaks up, "Mi Na-ssi, it's okay. It's me Nurse Gwan, you're okay." 

I shake my head, "he's coming. He's going to get me." 

She approaches the bed and I shift away from her, I shift away from her touch. I know she's shocked at my actions, but I don't want her to touch me, as a matter of fact, I don't want to feel anyone's touch. 

"Mi Na-ssi..."

"Leave me alone!" she jumps at my tone. 

At that moment, I can only see darkness, however I can feel my mouth moving, I can hear my own voice as I shouted. I hear when the doors open, I can hear the footsteps entering the room, I lost it even more as they surround me. 

"Shouldn't we try to calm her down?" 

"No, no more drugs." 

The voices drown out at that very moment, I don't even know what happened, I think I lost myself. 

"She's seizing!" 

*****

When I came to, my eyes recognize two males in my room, I groan softly as I tried to sit up. 

"It's okay, you don't have to move." 

"Please..." 

One of them draws closer, "what is it Mi Na-ah?" 

"I want to leave...please Dad, I want to leave this place." 

He sighs then takes his seat, "the doctors still want to keep you here under observation for a few days, let's just listen to the doctors, huh?" 

I turn away from him, "you always do this to me. Get out." 

"Mi Na-ah..." 

"Just get out!" I hear him sigh once more then get up and leaves the room. 

The atmosphere remains silent for a while before the other occupant speaks up. 

"Dae Jung-ah was really worried about you Mi Na-ah, and so was I. I really thought I lost you." 

I close my eyes, "can't you get me out of here? You are my real father after all." 

He sighs softly, "for once I agree with Dae Jung-ah. You've been through so much, it's better if you stay here for a few days." 

I turn around and face him, his swollen eyes are the first thing that jumps out at me, "so you've heard? About my miscarriage?" 

He looks at me with sadness swimming in his eyes, "I did, and I'm sorry." 

I frown, "for what?" I clear my throat, "how did he take the news?" 

He shakes his head at me, "he doesn't know." 

I quickly sit up, "he deserves to know, he's the father." 

"I'll tell him everything when you decide to stop turning him away." 

I take my previous posi

Please log in to read the full chapter