Chapter 16

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

When the rain falls, it doesn't fall on one man's house top. 

That line from Bob Marley's 'So Much Things to Say' gets me every time I listen to the song. 

When you think of the rain, and how it sounds when it hits the roof of your house, you don't think about your neighbors' perception of the raindrops on his roof. Who thinks about that anyway?

If it's raining, then obviously the rain drops will hit all the roofs in your neighborhood, it's not that trivial when you think about it. 

But this line isn't really talking about the actual raindrops hitting someone's roof is it? 

When I think about it analytically, I begin to think about the personal problems that we face in our daily lives, and the other individuals in the world who might be facing a similar or a even more difficult problem than your own.

Maybe that's why when we're faced with such problems we refrain from talking about them to anyone because that person may also be going through it, and our problems might just be additional stress or a burden to them. 

So what should we do then?

If everyone is just going through life with all these problems on their shoulders, and there's no readily available outlet for us to vent or express our problems, then what are we supposed to do? 

How do I even go about solving my problem? The fact that I fear what my feelings for Kim Taehyung may bring about is a huge problem, and I have no idea who to turn to or where to look for a solution. 

"You've been sitting there staring at that glass of beer for about ten minutes now." 

With a heavy sigh I look up at the worried face of Joon as he stands across from me with a sympathetic smile on his face. 

It's been six days since I last saw or spoke to Taehyung, and a lot has happened in those past few days. I got my award for top student, I ripped up the piece I was working on for my audition into shreds, Il Suk got a nose piercing, Joon called off his wedding - again - and BTS won an award at the Melon Music Awards, a daesang to be exact, for best album of the year. 

Even though I had contributed nothing to the making of that album, I still felt proud of them. Jae Eun had invited me over to her apartment on the night of the award so we could practice together, she's actually a big EXO fan so when the award show began she refused to take her eyes off the TV, even when the commercials came on.

It was then I realized that there are different levels to being a fangirl. I like BIGBANG and everything, but I don't think my feelings are as hardcore as Jae Eun's. 

"I'm just wondering if I should drink it or not, I have to meet someone in a few minutes. Should I show up tipsy or drunk?" 

He sighs and leans on the bar counter, "how about showing up sober?" he removedsthe glass from in front of me and replace it with what seems like soda. 

I scoff softly but drink the beverage anyway, maybe if I pretend it's alcohol my evening won't so bad. 

"What's bothering you Little Choi?" I roll my eyes at the stupid nickname. 

I reach for the small plate of peanuts on the counter, then remove one and hold it up so Joon can see, "this is me." 

He snorts, which results in me glaring at him, I then gesture to the small plate of peanuts, "this is the boy I like." 

He points to the plate, "is he that huge? Or do you feel small when you're with him?" 

I look at both the small plate and the single peanut, "maybe I do feel small at times, I've never thought about it. But that's not the point," using my index finger I run the peanut around the edge of the plate a few times, "consider the plate - or the boy if you will - as an object that I can't help but be attracted to. No matter how I try, I can't stay away from it, well him." 

Joon nods his head and lets out a brief hum of understanding, "so it's like the Universal Law of Gravitation?"

I give him a confused look, "what are you talking about?"

Please log in to read the full chapter