Chapter 29

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Majority of us associate the word mourn with the death of someone close to us. 

But that word can also define a feeling of regret or sadness about the loss or disappearance of something.

Majority of us also associate the word grief with mourn, as the word grief describes one's deep sorrow. 

As such, psychologists have categorized grief into five stages. 

1. Denial and Isolation.

2. Anger.

3. Bargaining. 

4. Depression. 

5. Acceptance. 

I'm probably going through all four stages simultaneously, but as for the last stage, I don't think I'll get to that point just yet. 

I don't think I'll ever be able to accept what has happened to me, I'll never be able to accept the fact that I've loss something dear to me. 

I've loss my cello. 

An instrument that is a part of me. 

An instrument that is an extension of me. 

An instrument that defines who I am down to my very core. 

If I don't have my cello with me, then who am I?

How do I go on? 

What do I do?

And who do I turn to for help and comfort?

Of all the things that have happen to me since my birth up until this point in my life, I've never even phantom that my cello would get stolen. 

I look at him, and he stares back at me with a soft expression on his face. I take in his appearance: pristine white coat, clipboard in hand, and a pair of glasses on his face. 

"Did you call the police?"

He nods his head at me, "we did, they're already here, but before they come in I want you to answer the question Mi Na-ssi."

I sigh miserably, the first time I opened my eyes I was relieved that I wasn't dead, but when I realized that the car accident wasn't a dream and my cello has been stolen, I immediately wished that I had died. I don't know what to do or how to react so I freaked out, screamed my head off, I think I hit a nurse too so they had to give me something which knocked me out completely. 

The second time I woke up, Taehyung was by my side and I instantly felt like all my problems vanished out the window when he held my hand. But when I saw my Dad standing at the foot of my bed, my mood immediately turned sour. 

I just know that he said something to Taehyung, I won't put anything pass him. But I can't think about that right now, I need to get out of here and find my cello. 

"Mi Na-ssi?" I look at the doctor once more. 

I sigh softly, "I didn't try to kill myself that night. Like I said, I was chasing a thief, and no it's not a figment of my imagination or an hallucination from some drunken haze. I wasn't even drunk." 

He nods his head at me, "okay, but we did find alcohol in your blood, too much for that small body of yours Mi Na-ssi. How often do you drink?" 

I run my fingers through my hair, "every chance I get. Can you please let the police officers in now? You're wasting my time." 

He writes something on his clipboard, "are you constantly agitated?"

I roll my eyes at him, "I'm agitated right now doctor. The more I sit here answering your stupid and baseless questions, the less time the cops will have to find the thief. I won't answer anything else until you let the police inside." 

I move to cross my arms across my chest to come off as authoritative, but once again, the cast on my right arm gets in the way. He gives me one last look then leaves the room, shortly after two police officers, my Dad, and Taehyung enter.

Taehyung immediately takes a seat beside the bed and gives me a small smile. The officers bow at me, "we were filled in on the incident while you were undergoing surgery. We were able to find the driver of the car but I'm sorry to report that we lost the thief." 

No. No. No.

This is not happening. 

Tears immediately come to my eyes, "what?"

My left hand balls into

Please log in to read the full chapter