Chapter 54

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

There will come a time in our lives when we suddenly decide to free ourselves from whatever keeps us bound. 

We might just wake up and decide to change our way of living or thinking, or we may experience a shock to our system. 

It's such shock that opens up our eyes, and then we're able to see how pitiful we're living, then we'll be able to take full control our lives. 

As for myself, it was the appearance of my cello that made me realize that I'm going down a road of which there's no return. 

I realized that I was always a strong person, and if I continue to act this way then that psycho would win, and that's the last thing I want. 

This is not me. I'm more than this pathetic shadow of myself. 

So, I need to find myself again. 

On the hospital ward, there's a common room where all the patients who are able to get out their beds gather, to either try to socialize or watch the television. It was when I notice a fellow patient standing by the window and constantly staring outside that I realize that something's off about this ward. 

I think I'm on the psych ward. 

These bastards. 

Well maybe I deserve to be here with the others, I've been sitting in a wheelchair that I don't really need, staring at my cello for about thirty minutes now. I admit I'm a bit afraid to touch it, but at the same time I'm a bit fascinated by the instrument, throughout everything my cello was able to come out unscathed.

I sigh as the memory of my bow came to mind, what I did was a necessary evil, but I can't seem to blame myself for destroying something so precious. 

"Is that yours?" 

I take my eyes off the instrument for a moment as a shaky voice appears out of no where. My eyes meet the mysterious blue orbs of a young man who seems to be a bit older than me. 

"Don't come any closer."

He tilts his head at me with a scoff, "why would I? I don't even like you," I roll my eyes at his blatant rudeness, "so, what are you in for?" 

I raise my eyebrows at him but refuse to answer his question, he smirks at me then holds up his bandaged wrist, "I tried to kill myself, now tell me yours." 

I roll my eyes, "I never asked you anything," I pause for a bit, "and I'm sorry that someone or something made you believe that your life means nothing." 

He blinks at me then takes a step backwards, he clears his throat then looks at me, "thanks for saying that."

I sigh as I look at him, "I was kidnapped." 

He tilts his head once more, "awesome," I look at him and he shakes his head, "I mean, I only ever heard about that in the movies, but I'm sorry that it happened to you." 

I nod my head at him, "cool, now get lost before I start screaming." 

He chuckles lightly, "you're so not my type Miss Musician," he then occupies the chair beside mine and I freeze up, "relax, nothing's gonna happen to you. Why don't you play that thing for me?" 

He places both his hands behind his head then leans back in the chair and closes his eyes.

I look at hi

Please log in to read the full chapter