Chapter 13

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tension. 

In this moment I can think of about three meanings for the one word. 

1. The act of straining or stretching. 

2. A state of worry or nervousness.

3. A state of unfriendliness. 

I can even use the word tension in a sentence, like for example, 'you can cut the tension with a knife'. 

I was so scared of my English tutor when I was young that I did my best to remember everything she ever taught me, and that includes the definition of the word tension and how to use it in a sentence. 

I never thought that I would have to use this word to describe a situation that I might find myself in as I do my best to stay away from altercations and anything that causes my stress levels to rise higher than they already are. 

But you just can't win against life. 

There's no need to complain or anything, I brought this on myself. 

Tonight ranks as one of the most awkward moments of my life, and trust me, I have enough awkward moments under my belt. If I had the ability to disappear or be invisible, I would be using it right now instead of sitting here and enduring this torture. 

I feel like a bomb is strapped to my chest, this bomb doesn't have a timer on it though, so it can go off anytime soon. There won't be any casualties, it doesn't have a wide blast range or anything, it's a bomb tailored specifically to destroy me. 

With myself included, there are twelve of us seated around a round table located at the very back of the ridiculous-looking upscale restaurant that Dad suggested we dine at for tonight. On my left is my father, on my right is Chan with Il Suk seated at his side; Mr Hitman is sitting directly across from my father, with Namjoon on his left and Taehyung on his right.

The other Bangtan members are seated accordingly, with what seems to be very confused looks on their faces. The conversation is very as well.

Dad and Mr Hitman seem to be going head to head on their own achievements, Jungkook and Il Suk seem to have taken a liking to each other as they are going off about some video game, and Taehyung and Chan seem to be in some glaring match that I do not wish to be a part of. 

In all honesty, I can't eat right now, I'm too busy listening to the adults' conversation, hoping that Mr Hitman doesn't rat me out. 

"So Si Hyuk, what year did you establish your record label?"

Mr Hitman smiles proudly before answering, "2005 Dae Jung-ssi, the boys then debuted in 2013." 

Okay, so good so far. 

I feel Chan gently nudge my shoulder, he then switches our plates as he places a platter with steak in front of me. Steak that he has cut up to be exact.

Thank you very much Chan, I had no idea that I was incapable of cutting my own steak.

My eyes involuntarily shift to Taehyung's face, and the idol does not look happy.

"Your company is small right? Do you make enough profit?"

I had to force myself from rolling my eyes at my Dad's question, I hate it when he does this.

"We make enough to get by, not every entrepreneur is able to get the financial backing from their conglomerate families."

Nice one Mr Bang. 

It's time for Dad to stop rubbing his chaebol status in people's faces. 

"Any awards?" I sip my water silently, I can't wait for this stupid dinner to be over.

"They've won a few. There's also the Asia Artist Awards happening tomorrow," I did not know that, "you should tune in, the boys are nominated for a few awards and they'll be performing as well. You should watch too Mi Na-ssi."

I give him a small smile but Dad responds before I could, "I'm afraid we won't be watching, Mi Na has to practice for her upcoming audition for the Sydney Orchestra in February."

It's not

Please log in to read the full chapter