Chapter 42

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

Detective Kang's POV

There are moments in our lives that we wish never happened, sometimes the most hurtful words come out of our mouths and we immediately wish that we could take them back after seeing the hurt that they've caused. Or we wish that we could say the right words in the right moment in defense of ourselves or someone else.

​​​​​​I myself have some moments that I truly regret, I was a young university student once, and I'm a bachelor now, so believe me when I say that I have a long list of regrets. 

But right now, this very moment ranks as the worst moment of my entire existence, it's not everyday you'll see a grown forty-something year old man, married for twenty-something years, with two kids, going absolutely crazy over a group of boys young enough to be his sons or nephews. 

"I'm so happy right now. Why am I so happy?"

I roll my eyes at Tae Oh's question. I take the lightstick from his hands then hand it off to a passing backstage staff member, "lunch is on you for this week. I have blackmail videos of you."

He groans softly but doesn't protest. Before I could say anything else, a sturdy looking man around my age walks up to us and bows in greeting, "Bang PD-nim already informed me of your visit. The boys are in the dressing room waiting for you both." 

I nod my head at him, then silently follow closely behind him as he leads us to a room on the far left of a long hallway crowded with equipment. As the three of us enter the room, the boys stand up and bow immediately. 

"This is Detective Kang and Detective Oh, they're here to speak with you."

The manager turns to us then bows once more before leaving the room. Tae Oh looks at the group then sighs softly, "no need to look so stiff, you're not in trouble, my partner and I just need to ask you a few questions," they all nod their heads at him, "firstly, who's Kim Taehyung?" 

A somewhat tired, sad looking young lad slowly lifts his hand as he identifies himself. I look him up and down as I study his appearance, while trying to see if I can get a feel of the type of person he his.

Our eyes meet as I observe his body language, "let's take a walk." 

He looks over to one of the older boys, maybe for reassurance, or permission. Who knows?

But just by that simple look I can tell that he looks to this particular boy for advice. The older male then nods his head at Kim Taehyung, and with that subtle nod I can easily distinguish who's the leader of this group. 

Kim Taehyung slowly steps forward, fear flashes across his eyes as I also walk off and head for the door, his light footsteps can be heard as we enter an empty room opposite his dressing room. He enters first, I slowly clos the door behind him, it may seem intimidating to him but I'm simply trying to block out all the noise from the bustling hallway. 

I sit opposite from him as I continue to observe him, his eyes searches all corners of the room before they land on my face. I mentally give my stamp of approval as he looks me in the eyes, you can always trust a man who initiates eye contact. 

"I'll just cut straight to the point Taehyung-ssi, you were the last person to see Choi Mi Na on the night of her disappearance, so it's obvious that I want to speak to you alone. Don't worry, I'm not suspecting you of anything." 

He breathes a soft sigh of relief, "I kno

Please log in to read the full chapter