Chapter 4

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

There will be a time in your life when you form a type of addiction; you could be addicted to junk food, cigarettes, poorly written rom-coms and even K-dramas. Then you'll realize how much time you're wasting on your addiction and you'll try to curb your addiction any way possible.

And just when you think you've won, an enabler comes knocking on your door and pulls you right back in. For me, I'm addicted to voices, it's silly I know, but there's something about a musician with a captivating voice that makes me go nuts and do crazy stuff.

I didn't mind leaving producing behind because my silly addiction would probably fade away over time, I didn't know that Mr Hitman Bang would be the enabler that pulls me back in through introducing me to a group. A group that has one voice which I went crazy over. 

You never know what the consequences of your actions are until it's too late. When you've fallen too deep to be pulled out, that's when you realize how deadly addictions can be. 

I stand beside Mr Hitman and stare at the building he took me to. It seems like they share the space with other businesses, but at least it's not a dump.

He flashes me a small smile and a subtle head nod as he walks off towards the entrance and with a heavy sigh I follow closely behind. 

Cha Jun Young. Cha Jun Young. Cha Jun Young. 

That's right, I'm doing this because I'll get to meet my idol. Just keep that in mind. 

I silently walk behind Mr Bang as he leads me further into the building, where each employee bows respectfully at him as he passes by. The atmosphere seems friendly enough. 

Choi Mi Na, don't you dare get comfortable! You'll just listen to the boys sing then leave. 

He pauses briefly at a door, then opens it and gestures for me to enter. I ignore his smile and step inside what turns out to be a recording studio.

The two occupants sitting by the sound board stand immediately and bow upon our entry. 

"These are two of our best producers," I offer a small bow at the introduction, "and those people behind the glass are the boys."

I fix my attention to the booth where I spot seven boys lounging around. "Excuse me... you can have this seat."

I give the person beside me a weird look, and with no other alternative, I take a seat after safely placing my cello on the floor. "I just want to say it's an honour meeting you."

I flash a fake smile at the person sitting on my left, "thanks. I don't really know who you are though," I turn and gave Mr Hitman a glare, "I also don't know how you two knew about me either."

He clears his throat awkwardly then leans forward and presses a button. "Boys, there's someone very special here to see you," they all stand up and look at each other in confusion. 

I roll my eyes at the extraness of the situation then speak up, "could you sing a song for me please? I'll assume you all went to kindergarten, discuss amongst yourselves and choose your favourite song from when you were much younger."

They look at each other in confusion once more, Mr Bang removes his hand from the button and turns to face me, "a song from kindergarten?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I did say I could always check out one of their songs if I wanted to hear them sing. And besides, you should know that singing acapella shows your depth, range, precision and even skill." 

He shakes his head at my answer then presses the button again, the boys look at us as they position themselves at the various microphones in the booth. With a nod of my head they begin to sing. 

Like I said, with acapella you can hear everything, and right now their harmonization is spot on. 

Wait...

What was that? 

S

Please log in to read the full chapter