Chapter 56

Force of Attraction
Please log in to read the full chapter

5 Months Later

I place the sunglasses on top of my head as I sigh miserably, as soon as I exit the terminal at the airport, the heat hit me with full force. I breathe in heavily, holding on to the handle of the luggage cart as the crowd suddenly begins to grow a bit thicker. 

"Where the hell is that bastard?" 

I turn around just in time to see him walking closer to me with a huge smile on his face, I sigh in relief as he steps a bit closer to me. 

"How's it going?"

I roll my eyes at him, "where were you? I've been waiting for a minute and forty-five seconds." 

He sighs playfully, "I don't know if that's sarcasm or you're really showing just how smart you are." 

I shake my head at him as he take control of the luggage cart, with a sheepish smile on my face I follow closely behind him as he leads me to his car. The smile never leaves his face even when the car hits the freeway. 

"So, how are you?"

I shrug as I look out the window, "I'm breathing, which means I'm alive, and being alive is a good thing." 

He laughs at that and I couldn't help but join in, "is that what your therapist told you?" 

I nod my head as laughter takes over my entire body, I breathed softly then sigh loudly, "he's a good shrink actually, I won't say that I've gotten over my fear of men and all, but I think I'm getting better." 

He nods his head at that, "that's good to hear, I worried about you every day." 

I roll my eyes, "so what about you? How's everything?" 

He sighs then glances at me with a small smile, "you know how it is, but I can finally say that everything's going well. And that's all thanks to you." 

I shake my head at him, "all I did was believe in you dude, that's all you needed." 

He scoffs, "yeah right. As if those shares that you somehow lent me didn't go a far way." 

I lean my head on the window and close my eyes, "just wake me up when we get there." 

I met Kwon Jiwon five months ago, we were on the same psych ward at the hospital after everything happened to me. We managed to keep in touch after I was shipped off to India against my will.

Anyway, a few months back Jiwon had developed some type of software, after years of trying to perfect it, his so-called friend stole his software and sold it before Jiwon could do anything. And if that wasn't bad enough, his girlfriend left him for that said so-called friend. 

That's why he tried to kill himself. 

During my last few days in Seoul, Kwon Jiwon and I grew a bit closer, we have a kind of uncle-niece relationship, so since then we kept in touch while I was in India. And to be honest, even though I didn't want to go in the first place, I enjoyed my time in India with my family, I'll admit the time away was just what I needed. 

But, I'm still angry. 

Angry at the fact that I was kidnapped, angry at the fact that Choi Dae Jung lied to me my entire life, angry at the fact that I had a miscarriage, and most of all I'm angry at the fact that Kim Taehyung even agreed to me being sent away.

But, I still love him, I'll always love him. 

When we finally get off the highway and pull up at my father's house, and by father I mean, Bang Si Hyuk not Choi Dae Jung. It's not like I've completely deserted him, well I haven't spoken to him since I was in India, I have no reason to, well I don't want to. 

"Okay, I have to get back to the office, do you need a ride to court tomorrow?" 

I shake my head at him, "it's fine. I'm going with Bang PD-nim, you'll be there right?" 

He nod his head at me, "yeah, I'll be there with Joon and the others. How about, you know, Kim Taehyung?" 

I purposely run one of my suitcases over his foot and he begins jumping around like an idiot, "what about him?" 

He sighs softly, "never mind, I'll see you tomorrow okay?" 

I nod my head at him as he leaves the house, I didn't even bother to unpack, as soon as I find the bedroom he set up for me, I get accustomed to the bed and instantly fall asleep. <

Please log in to read the full chapter